TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 04, 2013, 10:03:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2013, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: The Worker on September 03, 2013, 08:54:31 PM
Anyone recommend any good shows on Netflix?

House Of Cards is good, have you seen Breaking Bad ?

Haven't seen breaking bad at all and it seems to get great reviews from this board anyway. How many series are there ? Is there a box set available ?

Five seasons of it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2013, 09:58:33 PM
Quote from: gerry on September 04, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 08:47:42 AM
There were downloads of Homeland season-3, episode-1 widely available yesterday - apparently it was leaked from Showtime ahead of its Sept 29th premiere.

watch it last night, episode 1 is pure piss

Cheers Gerry  :o

Tks Gerry, you've saved an hour of my life.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Main Street on September 04, 2013, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 10:47:51 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 10:25:41 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 10:23:12 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 09:16:16 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 08:47:42 AM
There were downloads of Homeland season-3, episode-1 widely available yesterday - apparently it was leaked from Showtime ahead of its Sept 29th premiere.

I say it was done deliberately - Game of Thrones have led the way in illegal TV show downloads and the Networks are embracing rather than fighting. TV viewings increase on the back of something like this going viral all good PR.

Well Homeland certainly needed to shake up it's PR, hopefully not at the expense of plot.  It's on its last chance in my house.

Doesn't get a second chance in my house. Terrible 2nd season.

And I thought Arsenal fans were very forgiving ...

Started with the first episode of a new US thriller in the vein of 'The Wire' last night - it's called 'Low Winter Sun' and I would have described the first episode as promising.  It's on TV here on one of the Fox channels I think.
I watched the 1st episode of LWS last week.
There's not much in common with the Wire. That was a false positive, Billy :)
It's bleak, veering into 'film noir' territory,
I'd say it has much in common with Durham County, if a comparison has to be made.

Apologies MS, I've now watched 3 episodes of it and agree with you - it's pure noir. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 04, 2013, 07:58:36 PM
Watch the original "House of Cards" if you can get hold of it. Brilliant.

It is also on Netflix along with current House of Cards, oh and Breaking Bad.

In conclusion,

Netflix.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Enjoying that Love/Hate show but Jaysus that love interest (Darren/Rosie) narrative is hacking me off. Halfway through series 2 - tell me he kills her or something.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2013, 09:12:02 PM
Enjoying that Love/Hate show but Jaysus that love interest (Darren/Rosie) narrative is hacking me off. Halfway through series 2 - tell me he kills her or something.

Just after finishing season 3.  That Rosie doll did my head in too, she doesn;t pop up in season 3 but there is nothing amazing about her departure unfortunately.

Hear everyone having a hard-on for Breaking Bad and Homeland, must get around to watching them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 06, 2013, 08:29:57 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

Just after finishing season 3.  That Rosie doll did my head in too, she doesn;t pop up in season 3 but there is nothing amazing about her departure unfortunately.

Hear everyone having a hard-on for Breaking Bad and Homeland, must get around to watching them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIom3LSbB0I

StephenC

Under the Dome. I've only watched the first episode but jaysus it's cack. The Simpsons anyone?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: StephenC on September 06, 2013, 11:32:37 AM
Under the Dome. I've only watched the first episode but jaysus it's cack. The Simpsons anyone?
watched about 5 minutes of it, it has Hank Schrader out of breaking bad in it  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ballinaman

Latest episode of Breaking Bad...absolute bastards...what a way to finish an episode! Sake

screenexile

Watched Channel 4's "completely new and innovative way to dramatise our total dependence on electricity" Blackout

In my opinion it's a completely new and innovative piece of dung!

Canalman

2 episodes into Top of the Lake. Can't for the life of me see what the broohahah was all about. Finger was poised over the delete button on the remote control last night. Worth continuing???

nrico2006

New Gangster show set in Birmingham at the end of WW1 starts on Thursday night on BBC2, Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill are in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Been scouring Sky On Demand for the Game Of Thrones box set the past few months to no avail, was nearly going to buy them when low and behold I was flicking about on Sunday night and saw an episode about to start on Sky Atlantic and it was S1E1, happy days.  Series link on.  Hopefully its as good as its made out to be.  When is Boardwalk Empire back on in the UK?

No Soloing

Quote from: Canalman on September 10, 2013, 10:09:40 AM
2 episodes into Top of the Lake. Can't for the life of me see what the broohahah was all about. Finger was poised over the delete button on the remote control last night. Worth continuing???

I had the whole of Top of the Lake Sky+d. I thought the first episode was interesting, the second one fairly dull. So about 15mins into ep3 I deleted the rest of it

I have watched the first 2 episodes of Under the Dome. Its not the greatest show ever, but its fairly easy watching. I'll stick with it for a while, mainly because I read loads of Stephen King a good few years ago now.