TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 10:23:12 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 09:16:16 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 08:47:42 AM
There were downloads of Homeland season-3, episode-1 widely available yesterday - apparently it was leaked from Showtime ahead of its Sept 29th premiere.

I say it was done deliberately - Game of Thrones have led the way in illegal TV show downloads and the Networks are embracing rather than fighting. TV viewings increase on the back of something like this going viral all good PR.

Well Homeland certainly needed to shake up it's PR, hopefully not at the expense of plot.  It's on its last chance in my house.

Doesn't get a second chance in my house. Terrible 2nd season.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2013, 10:25:41 AM
There were downloads of Homeland season-3, episode-1 widely available yesterday - apparently it was leaked from Showtime ahead of its Sept 29th premiere.

I say it was done deliberately - Game of Thrones have led the way in illegal TV show downloads and the Networks are embracing rather than fighting. TV viewings increase on the back of something like this going viral all good PR.

Well Homeland certainly needed to shake up it's PR, hopefully not at the expense of plot.  It's on its last chance in my house.

And I thought Arsenal fans were very forgiving ...

Started with the first episode of a new US thriller in the vein of 'The Wire' last night - it's called 'Low Winter Sun' and I would have described the first episode as promising.  It's on TV here on one of the Fox channels I think. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 10:47:51 AM

Started with the first episode of a new US thriller in the vein of 'The Wire' last night - it's called 'Low Winter Sun' and I would have described the first episode as promising.  It's on TV here on one of the Fox channels I think.

I wouldn't forgive Arsenal players if they over-acted like Claire Danes, even Bobby Pires didn't act as poorly.

I'll check out LWS - cheers.
#newbridgeornowhere

Canalman

Read a very interesting article at the weekend about tv and movie studios now employing an army of techies to secretly insert viruses etc into all these illegal download websites. Real poacher turned gamekeeper stuff. Fascinating article........... real downright dirty battle.
Seemingly they can isolate the culprits and destroy their laptops and those who download from them.

Billys Boots

I wouldn't touch the torrent sites with a bargepole - am using some of the debrid sites at present, no problems so far.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Worker

Anyone recommend any good shows on Netflix?

Minder

Quote from: The Worker on September 03, 2013, 08:54:31 PM

House Of Cards is good, have you seen Breaking Bad ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Worker

Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

Yeah only thing I watch on it ATM

muppet

Quote from: The Worker on September 03, 2013, 09:45:21 PM

Yeah only thing I watch on it ATM

Rome isn't bad, House of Cards is excellent and we will shortly start the Borgias which is supposed to be good.

The missus loved the Forsyth Saga and the Tudors.

I recently watched loads of Mafia films when herself was away and then re-watched the Spaghetti Westerns.

Anyone know the name of 'The Ugly"?
MWWSI 2017

ziggy90

Watch the original "House of Cards" if you can get hold of it. Brilliant.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 03, 2013, 10:47:51 AM

I watched the 1st episode of LWS last week.
There's not much in common with the Wire. That was a false positive, Billy :)
It's bleak, veering into 'film noir' territory,
I'd say it has much in common with Durham County, if a comparison has to be made.

gerry

watch it last night, episode 1 is pure piss
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerry on September 04, 2013, 09:56:32 PM

watch it last night, episode 1 is pure piss

Cheers Gerry  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the Deel Rover

Haven't seen breaking bad at all and it seems to get great reviews from this board anyway. How many series are there ? Is there a box set available ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ballinaman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 04, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

Haven't seen breaking bad at all and it seems to get great reviews from this board anyway. How many series are there ? Is there a box set available ?
Do you have a portable hard drive? I've them all downloaded and could sort you out.......it's class.