TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Asal Mor on July 23, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
I stand corrected but still, Hughie looked and sounded the part. I suppose the main problem I had with the show was the main character Darren, who looked and sounded like an Arts student. Also he was always brooding about some personal tragedy or other and I found it hard to care. It's a good show apart from that.

That's what I meant when I said some of the acting is a bit wooden. Mario did a couple of good sketches taking the piss out of the upper class playing the lower class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Edhllo_YDo
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Canalman

Really looking to the Returned which I have taped and hope to watch next week when the series ends.
Have to say I am delighted I stuck with Hannibal after its poor start. Has its flaws but very entertaining imvho of course.

With Dexter and Breaking Bad finishing up shortly might have to give the Wire a go to see what all the fuss is all about.

Recently saw the series about Irish boxing with Liam Neeson and it was brilliantly done. Watching out for the one about Cricket to be repeated.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 26, 2013, 12:26:01 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on July 23, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
I stand corrected but still, Hughie looked and sounded the part. I suppose the main problem I had with the show was the main character Darren, who looked and sounded like an Arts student. Also he was always brooding about some personal tragedy or other and I found it hard to care. It's a good show apart from that.

That's what I meant when I said some of the acting is a bit wooden. Mario did a couple of good sketches taking the piss out of the upper class playing the lower class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Edhllo_YDo

;D Very good Croi. I'm off work for a few weeks so I might give Series 2 a go.

nrico2006

Usually have a show or two on the go with the alternation of seasons making it handy enough to keep up, but just saw my planner the other night and it had Hannibal, Ray Donovan, Falling Skies, Love/Hate all recorded.  Add in Revolution.  I am actually glad Revolution and Hannibal have only an episode each to go, as the Walking Dead, Person of Interest and Boardwalk Empire will all be returning soon.  Thanks god they cancelled Touch too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Finished Hannibal last night. Good but flawed imvho. Will definitely watch season 2 but still not a series  to highly recommend to others. Very interesting ending .

Really looking forward to The Returned now.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on August 07, 2013, 09:28:52 AM
Finished Hannibal last night. Good but flawed imvho. Will definitely watch season 2 but still not a series  to highly recommend to others. Very interesting ending .

Really looking forward to The Returned now.

Feel the same about Hannibal.  Thinking about taking up Breaking Bad from the start
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hardy

Quote from: bcarrier on July 26, 2013, 02:51:15 PM
netflix will crash

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0726/464797-netflix-gets-breaking-bads-finale/

Just watched it there at lunchtime. Don't want to say anything spoilerish. Anyone seen it yet?

ONeill

Just finished it.

I was glad it moved along quickly enough.

Set up well now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Yes. The opening scene was unexpected.

ONeill

No need for the aliens though.

Syferus

Just finished Breaking Bad season five part 1 last week so the timing is perfect for me. I'll download it tonight and watch it tomorrow.

I watched the first episode of Southcliffe a couple nights ago. Dark (in a fresh way) and striking, it's only a four episode mini-series so I'll definitely stick with it.

Hardy

Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
No need for the aliens though.

Aliens? I thought they were meant to be the Riverdance crowd.

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2013, 02:58:04 PM
Just finished Breaking Bad season five part 1 last week so the timing is perfect for me. I'll download it tonight and watch it tomorrow.

I watched the first episode of Southcliffe a couple nights ago. Dark (in a fresh way) and striking, it's only a four episode mini-series so I'll definitely stick with it.

Here's a link for freeloaders: http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/sockshare.php?id=7246A626298EDFA5

muppet

Watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on Netflix.

Anyone spot the Breaking Bad connection?

Speaking of which, good new episode.
MWWSI 2017