TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

One thing that bugs me about Revolution. There is no power and they use horses to get about or walk. Has no-one tried a bike or considered that as a form of transport? Maybe the roads are bad and they have to travel cross country but surely its an option!

armaghniac

QuoteHas no-one tried a bike or considered that as a form of transport?

There was one scene where they had ruined cars lying about and a bike thrown on top for good measure. Of course in reality bikes would be treasured possessions. They did manage to get a stream train going though.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

[quote =Hereiam link=topic=12732.msg1240120#msg1240120 date=1370426763]
Was it just the balaclava u were wearing Milltown.  ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Canalman

Watched the Roddy Collins programme on Setanta last night. Very entertaining/ funny. Well worth a watch imo.
Finishing up S2 of Game of Thrones............  the best tv programme I have ever watched. The episodes just fly by.

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on June 12, 2013, 09:14:16 AM
Watched the Roddy Collins programme on Setanta last night. Very entertaining/ funny. Well worth a watch imo.
Finishing up S2 of Game of Thrones............  the best tv programme I have ever watched. The episodes just fly by.

Think I am going to have to start watching Game of Thrones, will check tonight to see if its on Sky OnDemand.  Been watching Hannibal, Revolution and Touch and none of them are really setting the world on fire.  The sooner Falling Skies, Person of Interest, the Walking Dead and the Following return the better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 12, 2013, 10:29:18 AM

Think I am going to have to start watching Game of Thrones, will check tonight to see if its on Sky OnDemand.  Been watching Hannibal, Revolution and Touch and none of them are really setting the world on fire.  The sooner Falling Skies, Person of Interest, the Walking Dead and the Following return the better.
Falling Skies started back in the US during the week, I watched the first two episodes last night.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Canalman

+1 on Hannibal.
Still watching away in the hope it takes off.

nrico2006

Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2013, 10:31:43 AM

Falling Skies started back in the US during the week, I watched the first two episodes last night.

Whats it like so far?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

el_cuervo_fc

The new episode of The Borgias is available on Demand on Sky+ Anytime

clarshack

Quote from: Canalman on June 12, 2013, 10:39:57 AM

+1 on Hannibal.
Still watching away in the hope it takes off.

how many episodes in are you?

thought the first episode was decent but not the second episode.
havent watched any more and i might delete it from the planner now if its not to improve any time soon.

a question on revolution - where did they get the fuel from for the choppers and vehicles?
i though fuel deteriorates over time so the fuel from the time of the blackout (15 years ago) wont work?

maybe i'm thinking too much about this lol?

also when does falling skies start back on sky?

Tony Baloney

Looks like we're all in the se boat re. Hannibal. I'm halfway through House of Cards on Netflix and it has been great

Syferus

Hannibal is the best thing network tv has produced in years. That's damning it with faint praise but both the format and the style of the show are very rare - it's designed as a 13 episode a season show and it's far more focused on a serialised story than monsters of the week. The critical reception and indeed public reception is at odds with the sentiments here.

I really hope it succeeds as beyond being a good show it would foster better shows on the US networks and they have so much money that more good shows would only be a matter of time.

nrico2006

Quote from: Syferus on June 12, 2013, 02:45:25 PM
Hannibal is the best thing network tv has produced in years. That's damning it with faint praise but both the format and the style of the show are very rare - it's designed as a 13 episode a season show and it's far more focused on a serialised story than monsters of the week. The critical reception and indeed public reception is at odds with the sentiments here.

I really hope it succeeds as beyond being a good show it would foster better shows on the US networks and they have so much money that more good shows would only be a matter of time.

A bit of over praise there kid.  I've watched the first 4 episodes and to be honest its nothing special so far.  I'm definitely optimistic that it will pick up.

ziggy90

Finished watching the first series of The Fall last night, great tv. Brilliant acting by Gillian Anderson and the rest of the cast, a gripping story line and the I thought Belfast was shown up as very atmospheric. The ending wasn't what I expected but I'm already looking forward to the second series.

On another note, did anyone watch The Village? A series about how the WW1 affected a community in the north of England, superb tv as well.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Orior

Quote from: ziggy90 on June 12, 2013, 08:13:16 PM
Finished watching the first series of The Fall last night, great tv. Brilliant acting by Gillian Anderson and the rest of the cast, a gripping story line and the I thought Belfast was shown up as very atmospheric. The ending wasn't what I expected but I'm already looking forward to the second series.

On another note, did anyone watch The Village? A series about how the WW1 affected a community in the north of England, superb tv as well.

I agree with what you say about the Fall. All the so-called experts say that it was cliched, but I still enjoyed it, especially for the great looking chicks. A big woof-woof for Gillian Anderson.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians