TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Canalman on May 08, 2013, 10:16:50 AM
Watched ep 1 of Hannibal last night. So so.............. found it hard to understand the Hannibal character as he mumbled alot imvho. Will give it a few more episodes anyhows.

Have it recorded but not overly excited by it, but will give it a go.  After all, I have stuck with Touch now and what a disaster that is.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Finished S1  of Game of Thrones at the weekend. Excellent stuff...........each episode seemed to fly by.
Bought the book yesterday and will give it a go.

Nice to see "Grouty" from Slade prison make an appearance.

BennyHarp

Do any of you watch The Mentalist? I've got into it recently and found it quite good. Season 5 finale is next Friday on Channel 5
That was never a square ball!!

5 Sams

I know Im a bit late coming to the table with this but watched my first ever CSI tonight....the new one with Ted Danson....v good.
The Aristocrat Years

el_cuervo_fc

Just watched last nights Game of Thrones. It was a very unexpected finish.

Syferus

Would have expected more talk about The Fall here, given the setting! Saw the first episode and it looks to be a show directed with a very sure hand. Showing us the killer immediately is an interesting choice and opens up a lot of new avenues in such a tired format. They didn't whack you over the head with Belfast minutia but they set the scene well so they can (hopefully) delve deeper into the city in subsequent episodes.

Looking forward to watching the second episode but Game of Thrones episode 9 comes first.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2013, 10:44:24 PM
Would have expected more talk about The Fall here, given the setting! Saw the first episode and it looks to be a show directed with a very sure hand. Showing us the killer immediately is an interesting choice and opens up a lot of new avenues in such a tired format. They didn't whack you over the head with Belfast minutia but they set the scene well so they can (hopefully) delve deeper into the city in subsequent episodes.

Looking forward to watching the second episode but Game of Thrones episode 9 comes first.
It's a great show. I am up to episode 4 of 5 and it has been commissioned for another series. A crime drama set in Belfast with little/no nod to "The Troubles" is a rare beast.

DuffleKing

Hereiam

The main problem with The Fall is that it tries to show the RUC as a great bunch of guys and dolls. We all know different.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 05, 2013, 12:04:52 AM

Anyone watched banshee?

Banshee is excellent. Lots of gratuitous sex and violence and you just know its all going to go tits up for Lucas Hood.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Syferus

Quote from: Hereiam on June 05, 2013, 12:10:08 AM
The main problem with The Fall is that it tries to show the RUC as a great bunch of guys and dolls. We all know different.

Eh? It comes across like you wouldn't be happy unless they were all portrayed as unsavoury demonic caricatures. What I've seen is both believable and honest. They don't come across as heroes or villains.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2013, 10:48:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2013, 10:44:24 PM

It's a great show. I am up to episode 4 of 5 and it has been commissioned for another series. A crime drama set in Belfast with little/no nod to "The Troubles" is a rare beast.

I know its getting a second season but has there been any indication if it will be a case of still chasing the same killer or will he be caught in the next episode with a whole new villain.  I have read that the new season will have all the original cast returning.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hereiam on June 05, 2013, 12:10:08 AM

Great bunch of guys? Ok the two guys that died were running a racket, whores and snorting coke, both were having affairs and the other doll was busy having sweet nights, have you actually watched the show are are you just talking shite?

I think it's a decent show well acted by most, the other night i waited in the dark with a balaclava on in the bedroom, her in doors did the routine of checking the kids and when she walked into the room she near had a heart attack when I jumped out!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Denn Forever

For fans of Breaking Bad, Season 5 - part 2 will broadcast on TG4 soon - but meanwhile if you've missed out on this highly acclaimed series, catch up with double episodes late Wednesday nights - set your personal recorder!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hereiam

Was it just the balaclava u were wearing Milltown.  ;D