TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2013, 10:08:49 AM
Watched the last episode of Spartacus last night. WOW, what a show and what a finish.

When you get past the blood/gore and the, ahem, other action, it was a great story and built up very well over the seasons. The finish was spot on.

Talk of them following the story of Julius Ceasar now, which would be interesting and wouldn't belittle the last 4 seasons, as it be a new tangent altogether.
I hope to see Asterix and Obelix appear.

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2013, 01:19:24 PM
Watched the last episode of Spartacus last night. WOW, what a show and what a finish.

When you get past the blood/gore and the, ahem, other action, it was a great story and built up very well over the seasons. The finish was spot on.

Talk of them following the story of Julius Ceasar now, which would be interesting and wouldn't belittle the last 4 seasons, as it be a new tangent altogether.

Never saw a doll as well put together as that blond yok in Spartacus, jeesus.

Person Of Interest season finale next week, really impressed with the show, really improved after the first 4 or 5 episodes. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

aontroim abu

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2013, 02:21:43 PM

Person Of Interest season finale next week, really impressed with the show, really improved after the first 4 or 5 episodes.

Rule 1 - Photo please

nrico2006

Quote from: aontroim abu on April 16, 2013, 03:02:19 PM

Rule 1 - Photo please

Whatever happened the new and improved hot ladies thread anyway - has everybody on here turned?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2013, 03:13:15 PM

Rule 1 - Photo please

Whatever happened the new and improved hot ladies thread anyway - has everybody on here turned?

Is it this one?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2013, 03:13:15 PM

Rule 1 - Photo please

Is it this one?

That's Lucy Lawless who played Xena - damn fine

Canalman

Saw a fascinating documentary last night on Setanta called The Gambler. Followed this Irish professional gambler around for a year or so ................ very interesting. Well worth a watch. Will no doubt be repeated shortly.

Declan

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on April 16, 2013, 04:55:34 PM
Saw a fascinating documentary last night on Setanta called The Gambler. Followed this Irish professional gambler around for a year or so ................ very interesting. Well worth a watch. Will no doubt be repeated shortly.
Didn't see the programme but the fella from it was on the Late Late on Friday night. Interesting story alright but he seems to have taken a bit of a beatin this past year and is having a break. I can't remember the figure exactly but he has lost in the region of 1 million dollars in the past year.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2013, 06:04:33 PM
Quote from: Canalman on April 16, 2013, 04:55:34 PM
Didn't see the programme but the fella from it was on the Late Late on Friday night. Interesting story alright but he seems to have taken a bit of a beatin this past year and is having a break. I can't remember the figure exactly but he has lost in the region of 1 million dollars in the past year.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Game of Thrones is quite a handy show, I thought there'd be more love for it here given it's almost surely the finest television show to ever base itself on our isle.

nrico2006

Its Viva Bianca.

The Following has been very good so far.  Interesting that none of the major characters are immune to being killed off, as well as the fact that the writers will obviously have some surprises up their sleeves with regard to apparent 'goodies' who are in fact JC followers. 

Rois

I have the Following to watch tonight, not looking fwd to the gruesome bits. 

clarshack

do you mean saxa (ellen hollman)?:

Canalman

Saw the first two episodes of Game of Thrones last night. Am smitten already.