TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Suits season finale the other night. Great show and a few nice women to look at in it as well. Cant wait for season 3 now.

Started watching West Wing, nearly finished season 1. Seems like a good show so far. It will keep me busy for a while now.

Denn Forever

QuoteStarted watching West Wing, nearly finished season 1. Seems like a good show so far. It will keep me busy for a while now.

It gets better and better!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 23, 2013, 07:49:52 PM
QuoteStarted watching West Wing, nearly finished season 1. Seems like a good show so far. It will keep me busy for a while now.

I thought it got worse and worse - different strokes I s'pose. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 25, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on February 23, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

I thought it got worse and worse - different strokes I s'pose.
I think it suffered when Sorkin stopped writing.

Every show has a tipping point and even the best like The Wire and The Sopranos experience peaks and troughs and ultimately many are just dung by the time they get pulled.

muppet

Breaking Bad.

End of Season 4.

The scene with Salamanca, the DEA and the bell was genius!
MWWSI 2017

Canalman

Finished Borgen.Excellent.Sagged a little in the middle but last 3 episodes were brilliant.Must see for anyone with an interest in politics.     Way better than the Killing.

ziggy90

Quote from: Canalman on March 02, 2013, 11:57:13 AM
Finished Borgen.Excellent.Sagged a little in the middle but last 3 episodes were brilliant.Must see for anyone with an interest in politics.     Way better than the Killing.

Agreed, best of the Scandinavian TV series so far.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Main Street

Nah, it's mainstream,  it just fills in the time nicely while waiting for the real thing.
Not a bad effort from the plucky Danes, but they do have delusions about their importance in the scheme of world affairs, I suppose that comes from their old empire aspirations and royalty obsessions.

Minder

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2013, 09:51:58 PM
Breaking Bad.

End of Season 4.

The scene with Salamanca, the DEA and the bell was genius!

What was that Muppet, can't remember it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Just watched a great documentary on Laurie Cunningham on UTV.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: laoislad on March 07, 2013, 12:05:06 AM
Just watched a great documentary on Laurie Cunningham on UTV.

Just watched that too. His corners with the outside of the boot were pure class
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: heffo on February 21, 2013, 08:32:40 PM
Durham county on US Netflix is decent. Drama about a serial killer living in a suburban Canadian community
I watched a few episodes. There are some serious dark clouds in Durham County -  I'd blame the negative effects from those massive electricity pylons which permeate every scene. It's a hard watch, everybody is afflicted with varying degrees of chronic, dark mental and emotional issues. The series is just unrelenting with the madness.

BennyHarp

Saw an advert for JJ Abrams new series Revolutions last night. Looks like it may be decent. It'll probably get cancelled just as it gets interesting like the Event and Flash Forward.
That was never a square ball!!

AFS

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 09, 2013, 09:05:38 AM
Saw an advert for JJ Abrams new series Revolutions last night. Looks like it may be decent. It'll probably get cancelled just as it becomes apparent how completely shite it is like the Event and Flash Forward.

Fixed.