Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tone

If anybody was at the Cavan game what did you think about the new stand and the pitch,I thought that a few of the lads had choosen the wrong footware and were slipping at times ,have to watch that one lads!!

tone

Quote from: tone on May 27, 2007, 11:19:35 AM
If anybody was at the Cavan game what did you think about the new stand and the pitch,I thought that a few of the lads had choosen the wrong footware and were slipping at times ,have to watch that one lads!!

Well lads how do you think the old enemy will do today,their up against it but I think this one will go to the wire,Ill stick my neck out Donegal by one

DownFanatic

Lecale 2, about three years ago there was a motion passed at our AGM ruling that games cannot be played on a Sunday until 5 o'clock or after. This was due to health and safety concerns with those involved with the car boot sale. Our U-12's havent even played a game at our pitch in 3 years because they have to play their Sunday 12pm games away from home or at the council pitches.
Simple as that.

Class of 99

Just after watching the Armagh game and have to say they where a shade unlucky, not tjat I will be losing any sleep tonight over it.
Have jsut been flicking to the the Aussie rules on TG4, to see If Martin Clarke is getting a look in.
Does anyone have any information on how he is getting on, and is there any truth in the rumour he will be back for a while in the summer.
Seen James Colgan looking very somber at the Marshes last Sunday!

Cluain Daimh

QuoteInsert Quote
I don't think the Kilcoo Clonduff game was abandoned it ended in a draw and the trouble started at the final whistle.

I heard that Martin Clarke will be back in Ireland at some stage this summer and will be allowed to play football due to something that was included in his contract.  Anyone hear anything about this.  He would be some addition.

The Bridge had a good win over the Ford last night.  Bryansford v Mayobridge

25/05/07
Half time score: 0-3 to 1-7
Full time score: 0-3 to 1-13

Scorers:
Benny Coulter 0-6
Ronan Sexton 0-4
Michael Walsh 0-2
Cathal Magee 0-1
Brendan Grant 1-0

The Ballyholland lads should check out this video on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMBzsT2tfo   

Why do people from Mayobridge all look the same?  I know you are all a close commuity it seems strange that you all have big foreheads and promenant teeth as with protruding eyes.  The most ugly people in the world live in Mayobridge.  I know u people are close but making children with your relations doesnt help.

TORGAEL

Cluain Daimh, post your crap somewhere else. If you havent got anything constructive to say , then say nothing !

tone

Quote from: TORGAEL on May 27, 2007, 07:58:26 PM
Cluain Daimh, post your crap somewhere else. If you havent got anything constructive to say , then say nothing !

HERE,HERE toregale if Cluain Daimh has'nt noticed this is a gaa discussion board ,football,hurling etc get the drift

tone

Armagh were unlucky to day they were the better team the whole way through,it was a very rare mistake by Hearty.You haven,t seen the last of them.It was the old guns that shone for them today,when they leave their in the shit.

Cluain Daimh

QuoteQuote from: TORGAEL on Today at 07:58:26 PM

HERE,HERE toregale if Cluain Daimh has'nt noticed this is a gaa discussion board ,football,hurling etc get the drift

You may b sticking up for your neighbouring parish because you know what I say is true.  You got a big forehead Torgael?

Caitlin

Yes Tone, and as I pointed out on the Armagh thread, if we lose to Monaghan , we are in exactly the same position as Cavan (in the first round of the qualifiers)so all the hard work in two games will be for nothing.I don't want to play Armagh, Mayo or Kildare just yet. Let's focus !!

tone

Quote from: Caitlin on May 27, 2007, 08:26:11 PM
Yes Tone, and as I pointed out on the Armagh thread, if we lose to Monaghan , we are in exactly the same position as Cavan (in the first round of the qualifiers)so all the hard work in two games will be for nothing.I don't want to play Armagh, Mayo or Kildare just yet. Let's focus !!

I ve heard that all that shit about some off the lads going to Laceys and on the drink the next day is all sorted out,better now than after the next game i think they were told that if it happens again that they are history.So it will be a dry run in if it lasts at allwith any luck at all we could be loking at an ulster final.

greygoose

Club Fixtures this week.

Can anybody confirm the club football fixtures for this weekend ?

DownFanatic

Greygoose, I orignally presumed that it would be the Series 8 set of fixtures that would be played this Friday. However, these are not starred games and by my reckoning this Friday's fixtures need to be starred as they are within 13 days of Down's next Championship game. Nothing has been confirmed as yet but I would presume that these Series 12 fixtures will take place:

PS - Im only presuming that these will take place

Series 12

Division 1

Rostrevor v Atticall
Clonduff v Bryansford
Longstone v Castlewellan
Kilcoo v Mayobridge
Burren v Loughinisland
Liatroim v An Riocht

Division 2

Shamrocks v Ballymartin
Warrenpoint v Downpatrick
Clann na Banna v Ballyholland
Darragh Cross v Kilclief
Annaclone v Glasdrumman
Saval v Carryduff

Division 3

Drumgath v Bright
Mitchels v Teconnaught
Tullylish v Dundrum
Saul v Glenn
Bosco v St Pauls
Bredagh v Ardglass

Division 4

St Johns v Aghaderg
Aughlisnafin v Ballykinlar
Drumaness v Dromara

redandblackjack

Had a sneak peek at the Armagh Thread there, they are giving Big Joe and some of the players an awful slating, a bit short sighted in the slightest. Hopefully our own crew are not afforded a similar backlash if it goes bottoms up v Monaghan..Donegal's performance yesterday puts Down's league campaign into perspective.

Square Ball

is Series 12 not due on 08/06/07?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid