Ships that are tall

Started by DennistheMenace, August 11, 2009, 10:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennistheMenace

Anyone going to see the tall ships in Belfast at the end of the week ?

Never seems to be off the news.

http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/tallships/

red hander

I'm sick to death of it ... the hype is desperate.  I see a couple of Dutch matelots got a lovely warm welcome to Province last night in Ballycastle when they were battered by yobs wielding golf clubs ... plus ca change

armaghniac

QuoteI see a couple of Dutch matelots got a lovely warm welcome to Province last night in Ballycastle when they were battered by yobs wielding golf clubs ... plus ca change

Golf clubs, that's posh. Things are on the up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

How tall are the tall ships? Are they tall?
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

I think the continental market is on - some great food there. There's also live music.

Maguire01

You can't please everyone. It's going to be middle of the road and family orientated.

Capt Pat

Ah the tall ships they really are the best thing in the world at the moment, if you had ever sailed on one of these things you would understand the might and majesty and brilliance of these sailing craft.................but I haven't and I certainly don't they were in Dublin once and I hope they never come back.

ziggysego

I'm sure it's a grand wee day out for the family, but it was overkill on the telly. Live satellite link up to the Europa, which rarely worked.  ::)
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

It's overkill on the TV alright - keeping Newsline in 'news'. At the same time, they're expecting a few hundred thousand people over the weekend, which is a massive amount of people. In that context, and considering the coverage of the Irish League, the Tall Ships should have blanket coverage for the next 15-20 years!

full back

Sure its something different

Sitting looking at the ships here & at least it keeps me entertained
They reckon there will be up to 400,000 visitors between Thurs & Sun

Stalls, Continental markets, amusements, tall ships & I think there is a strongman competition on as well so there is plenty on.

BTW, them boys on the ships do some work
Some boy is on the speaker to them just after 7am & they are scrubbing decks by 7.30am after their morning prayers

No GAAboard for them

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on August 12, 2009, 09:22:56 AM

Stalls, Continental markets, amusements, tall ships & I think there is a strongman competition on as well so there is plenty on.

Some boy is on the speaker to them just after 7am & they are scrubbing decks by 7.30am after their morning prayers

No GAAboard for them

I'm on my way.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 12, 2009, 09:30:43 AM
Quote from: full back on August 12, 2009, 09:22:56 AM

No GAAboard for them

I'm on my way.

Good man sk
They are looking someone to steer the lorry they are pulling

Lazer

I love them!

Its something different to stare out the window at when i'm "working".

They were building the funfair yesterday and the continential market going up today. Can't wait for it to open tomorrow!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)