Sean Cavanagh versus Colm "The Gooch" Cooper

Started by tyrone2010, October 17, 2008, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Just hoped in my time machine and headed to Sept 09. Headed down to RTE and watched all the games and I confirm that both Tyrone were knocked out of ulster in round 1 and then took an unholy hiding from Leitrim in  the back door. Cavanagh never kicked a ball. Gooch togged out in goals for Kerry who were nudged out by Cork in the semi in Munster before refusing to play in the back door against Fermanagh.
Player of the year was given to Eddie Reilly after scoring 2-6 in the all ireland final when Cavan beat Wicklow 6-20 to 5-19.

Bit jet lagged now.

ONeill

In 2009, we'll have to choose between Kevin Hughes, Conleth Gilligan and Jason Sherlock.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

his holiness nb

Didnt notice it was 2009 you were talking about, thats just whack.

Ask me holy bollix

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

his holiness nb

Sorry I'll rephrase that..

Its whack to the max!
Ask me holy bollix

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 05:10:52 PM
In 2009, we'll have to choose between Kevin Hughes, Conleth Gilligan and Jason Sherlock.

:D :D :D i know one of them wont be playing county football next year  ;)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

muppet

Quote from: SidelineKick on October 17, 2008, 06:42:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2008, 05:10:52 PM

:D :D :D i know one of them wont be playing county football next year  ;)

For all the undoubted talent that Cooper has in abundance, he has been going backwards football wise over the last few years. That might still leave him well ahead of most of his rivals but it is hardly what you would want from him.

Cooper can have an off day, or two, every year and still pick up his all-star and frequently even an All-Ireland purely because he plays for Kerry. The same couldn't be said for the likes of Mattie Forde or Tommy Freeman. One bad game by either of them and their season can end.

Cavanagh keeps getting better. While I'd happily take both Cooper and Cavanagh, if I had to choose I'd pick the man improving all the time.
MWWSI 2017

tkeitdwn

big Sean Cavanagh without a doubt !! the Gooch shy s away from the physical stuff and has no leadership qualities ;

tierworker blue

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 17, 2008, 03:39:12 PM
Just hoped in my time machine and headed to Sept 09. Headed down to RTE and watched all the games and I confirm that both Tyrone were knocked out of ulster in round 1 and then took an unholy hiding from Leitrim in  the back door. Cavanagh never kicked a ball. Gooch togged out in goals for Kerry who were nudged out by Cork in the semi in Munster before refusing to play in the back door against Fermanagh.
Player of the year was given to Eddie Reilly after scoring 2-6 in the all ireland final when Cavan beat Wicklow 6-20 to 5-19.

Bit jet lagged now.

That's uncanny Myles...I had that dream last night too!

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Glensman

Gordon the Gopher.

(this random thread deserves to turn into the Gordonathon).

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Glensman on October 20, 2008, 11:59:38 AM
Gordon the Gopher.

Gordon Richards

Heard Cavanagh was poor for Moy yesterday.
"Stercus accidit"

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Sandy Hill on October 20, 2008, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: Glensman on October 20, 2008, 11:59:38 AM
Gordon the Gopher.

Gordon Richards

Heard Cavanagh was poor for Moy yesterday.

Only shooting wise, he was head & shoulders the best player on the field. Ye couldn't count the amount of times he gets rugby tackled in a match!