Tyrone at 33/1 to win All Ireland

Started by tyrone2010, October 12, 2008, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone2010

Just after reading about a punter who placed a double bet on Spain @5/1 to win Euros and Tyrone at 33/1 to win All Ireland.
This seems to have been the bet of the summer. Can anyone tell me how any bookmaker could price Tyrone @ 33/1 to win All Ireland, Tyrone won All Ireland in 2003, 2005. 33/1 must have been the bet of the decade-----------

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: tyrone2010 on October 12, 2008, 09:33:44 PM
Just after reading about a punter who placed a double bet on Spain @5/1 to win Euros and Tyrone at 33/1 to win All Ireland.
This seems to have been the bet of the summer. Can anyone tell me how any bookmaker could price Tyrone @ 33/1 to win All Ireland, Tyrone won All Ireland in 2003, 2005. 33/1 must have been the bet of the decade-----------

He probably got it the day after Down beat them.

Some bookmakers in Coalisland/Dungannon were offering 75/1 for Tyrone doing the double

Our Nail Loney

For a pound stake he wuda got 204 quid...

They were a massive price once they lost to down...

Our Nail Loney

By the way some of the gamblers might be angry at this thread, I opened it hoping you meant for next year!

full back

under the bar

QuoteHe probably got it the day after Down beat them.

The longest price I could find on them after the Down game was 25/1

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on October 13, 2008, 09:22:39 AM
QuoteHe probably got it the day after Down beat them.

The longest price I could find on them after the Down game was 25/1

I def seen them somewhere at 33-1 and thought that's mad. Of course I never thought to put even a wee bet on!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

I saw it at 33-1 as well. Raging I didn't have a wee flutter.
Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Boylesports were 33/1, I did have a "wee" flutter, I am sorry that I didn't have a big flutter instead.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Over the Bar

QuoteBoylesports were 33/1, I did have a "wee" flutter, I am sorry that I didn't have a big flutter instead.

Ye should have walked in slapped £1k down and said "Tyrone for back to back All-Irelands!"

armaghniac

QuoteYe should have walked in slapped £1k down and said "Tyrone for back to back All-Irelands!"

now that's hardly likely is it?

Longshanks

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 13, 2008, 12:30:15 PM
QuoteBoylesports were 33/1, I did have a "wee" flutter, I am sorry that I didn't have a big flutter instead.

Ye should have walked in slapped £1k down and said "Tyrone for back to back All-Irelands!"

You actually think that could happen??  :-\ :-\

his holiness nb

Not many fancied Tyrone early in the season to be honest, but 33-1 is a silly price for a team with so many players who have done it before, regardless of form.

Ask me holy bollix

armaghniac

There was massive amounts bet on Dublin and Kerry. There was plenty of money to pay out for Tyrone from the loot collected from the punters who favoured these favourites.