Rule 42

Started by Armagh Exile, April 27, 2008, 07:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Why would there only be 8000 at Croker for properly marketed league finals, a triple header as suggested?

ExiledGael

Think it wouldn't be a bad idea to give home advantage to the team that finishes top of the division for the final, where possible. Some reward for their early efforts. Thought Parnell was ideal yesterday though, good atmosphere for both games.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2008, 05:23:52 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM
No but 8,000 in 82,500 capacity stadium is rather lifeless

Trust me, it isn't.
It seemed rather lifeless when Meath played Cork last year and their was 25,000 + at that

At the Junior and Intermediate Club Finals last year at Croke Park, there wouldn't have been much more than 10,000 at it. Believe me, the atmosphere was unbelieveable. Couldn't have been much different if there was the full crowd at it.
Testing Accessibility

Rossfan

All National Finals should be played in Croke Park - even U16c Hurling - even if it had to be a Friday evening!!!
It's our (the GAA) National Stadium and surely it should be the dream of every player of whatever standard or ability to play the final of his National competition in Croke Park.
By all means rent it to Soccer/rugby while the taxpayer funds their new Lansdowne but GAA players and Supporters must come first.

And while i'm at it - when will the powers that be in HQ realise that we are not all effin millionaires- I see talk about €30 for the NFL Final while it was €15 for Div 2 League games.
Come on lads - give the plain people of Ireland a chance to go to games - after all the GAA was originally set up so the peasants and workers of Ireland could partake in Sport which until then was controlled by and restricted to rich Unionist "gentlemen"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gerry

QuoteAll National Finals should be played in Croke Park -

its a poor day for the GAA when the league final is not played in croker.  Ok, its not going to be a sell out but HQ is down grading the league when the final is not played there.

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,