Railway Cup 2007

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, September 02, 2007, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Hunting

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 19, 2007, 09:11:35 AM
A few years ago the derry v Donegal game at Clones was brought forward to accomodate Republic playing Spain in soccer, consequently led to a very poor attendance. So, if it clashes with world cup in rugby i dare say the crowd would be VERY poor!

Lads seriously, would a Rugby match between New Zealand v South Africa/France/Australia/Georgia really draw people away from Croke Park to see a Railway Cup Final? Surely if you really wanted to go to Croke Park that evening a Rugby match wouldn't stop you??

Gnevin

Quote from: Will Hunting on September 20, 2007, 10:40:51 AM
A few years ago the derry v Donegal game at Clones was brought forward to accomodate Republic playing Spain in soccer, consequently led to a very poor attendance. So, if it clashes with world cup in rugby i dare say the crowd would be VERY poor!

Lads seriously, would a Rugby match between New Zealand v South Africa/France/Australia/Georgia really draw people away from Croke Park to see a Railway Cup Final? Surely if you really wanted to go to Croke Park that evening a Rugby match wouldn't stop you??
Will these are the sort of people who paying an extra tenner stops them going to CP.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tyrone Dreamer

It wouldnt effect me going to the game but then again Im from the north were gaelic followers havent got just as excited about "the game with the ball with a funny bounce who's rules are extremely confusing and the main aim seems to be to put the ball out of play".

thebandit

It certainly wouldn't help matters

Will Hunting

Quote from: thebandit on September 20, 2007, 01:22:52 PM

It certainly wouldn't help matters

The 2002 World Cup was different as Ireland were actually playing. Let's face it, that won't be the case when this non-event of a rugby blitz reaches its conclusion. The attendance at Croke Park should not be affected by a game between the aforementioned nations.

the milkman

Quote from: stiffler on September 19, 2007, 12:17:14 PM
An Ulster team should include CJ McGourty.

You having a laugh? Ahead of  whom Bradley, McDonnell, Freeman, Coulter, O'Neill, Mulligan, Clarke, Marsden, and theres more stiff!

Ulster Team Should be;

Reilly

Ricey        McCloy        Owens

Freeman    Gormley      Kernan

Gordan    McGrane

Cavanagh   Coulter    Freeman

Bradley       Clarke     McDonnell

Puckoon

Quote from: the milkman on September 20, 2007, 09:28:42 PM

You having a laugh? Ahead of  whom Bradley, McDonnell, Freeman, Coulter, O'Neill, Mulligan, Clarke, Marsden, and theres more stiff!

Ulster Team Should be;

Reilly

Gordan    McGrane

Ricey no.
Gordan replaced with dick clerkin
Clarke hasnt set the place alight this year either. Maybe SON in there instead (admittedly he hasnt done alot, but has alot more potential).

Will Hunting

On current form, I would have McGourty in there ahead of Marsden, O'Neill and Mulligan.

stiffler

Quote from: Will Hunting on September 21, 2007, 10:05:37 AM

On current form, I would have McGourty in there ahead of Marsden, O'Neill and Mulligan.

Thank you Will. McGourty would skin 99% of cornerbacks in the country.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

longball

Ulster Team Should be;

Reilly

Gordan    McGrane

interesting team- i dont think ricey should be on thou as he has lost a lot of his pace which made him a good corner back. Andy Mallon wud be better in here. isnt clarke injured? i would nearly throw Vinny Corey in FF hes a big threat there!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Balboa

Quote from: Bensars on September 21, 2007, 10:26:02 AM
Quote from: Will Hunting on September 21, 2007, 10:05:37 AM
You having a laugh? Ahead of  whom Bradley, McDonnell, Freeman, Coulter, O'Neill, Mulligan, Clarke, Marsden, and theres more stiff!

Will there be enough room in the changing rooms for the other players by the time he gets ego in ?

Is he not concentrating on playing soccer at the moment.

I seen an interview on UTV ( I think) with him, where he had just started playing for some side in belfast. He was asked a question about whether gaelic or soccer was his first love and his response was along the lines of , its hard to tell but if an english side come looking for him he would have to go with soccer.

As another poster said "if he was chocolate he would eat himself"

I know he reads the board and is prone to making the odd post that elevates his own status.

He does not get the ego from the grass, call Gavin Bell up just for the hell of it and they could room together.....  ;)

stpauls

Quote from: longball on September 21, 2007, 11:21:23 AM

Ulster Team Should be;

Reilly

Gordan    McGrane

interesting team- i dont think ricey should be on thou as he has lost a lot of his pace which made him a good corner back. Andy Mallon wud be better in here. isnt clarke injured? i would nearly throw Vinny Corey in FF hes a big threat there!

longball, clarke is in fact injured, and hasn't played any inter-county all season! it would be hard justifying him in ahead of Vinnie Corey or Paddy Bradley on their form this season , but a fully fit Clarke would be in there for me any other season!

DUBSFORSAM1

A Leinster team of

Cluxton
Griffen
Fay
Higgins
Cullen
Kelly
Cahill
Whelan
Keenan
Brogan
Moyles
Doyle
Brogan
Lennon
Brady

Murphy
Henry
Ward
Ryan
Forde
Keaney
Tierney

Billys Boots

I've a feeling we'll see Brian Kavanagh, Paul Barden and Declan Reilly from Longford on the Leinster Panel/Team again this year.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

full back

Clarke is playing for his club & will line out against Cross in the county final next week