London v Galway 25th May 2014

Started by 30mog, May 03, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I can see London being steam-rolled in all honesty. They haven't shown any signs of coming on a step after last year. If anything they've regressed.

Galway may not be amazing but they will be so focused on this game the margin may be far larger than most think it will be.

From the Bunker

Yeah,  I expect Galway to be less naive this summer.  Last year they learned allot on the road through the back door.

paddyfulham

Been living in London for 2 years now, this London-Galway game will be my first time at Ruislip.  If you pay at the gate does it make any difference, can you access the club house for a drink and that? is there a marquee or anything put up for the numbers there?  What would be a reasonable time arriving to avoid having to que for ages and also to be able to have a few pints before hand.

Thanks

GalwayBayBoy

Syferus

magpie seanie

Quote from: paddyfulham on May 14, 2014, 02:32:34 PM
Been living in London for 2 years now, this London-Galway game will be my first time at Ruislip.  If you pay at the gate does it make any difference, can you access the club house for a drink and that? is there a marquee or anything put up for the numbers there?  What would be a reasonable time arriving to avoid having to que for ages and also to be able to have a few pints before hand.

Thanks

It has been a long time since I made the trip to Ruislip and from what I can remember  ;D there was no problem with queues or that. We got a box full of beer bottles from the bar and when it was empty a couple of the lads went up and refilled her. A simple but effective plan. Sligo won the game, Tony Banks got free political advice and the lads we were staying with got kicked out of their house the next day. Fun times.

GalwayBayBoy

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

Thanks

It has been a long time since I made the trip to Ruislip and from what I can remember  ;D there was no problem with queues or that. We got a box full of beer bottles from the bar and when it was empty a couple of the lads went up and refilled her. A simple but effective plan. Sligo won the game, Tony Banks got free political advice and the lads we were staying with got kicked out of their house the next day. Fun times.
Aye indeed -you just pay at the gate, go to the clubhouse and fill her up. Then you can bring a supply out while you're watching the game. - Of course if you're a person of sober abstemious habits you'll just watch the game and go home for the tay.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

paddyfulham

Quote from: Rossfan on May 14, 2014, 05:15:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 14, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

Thanks

Aye indeed -you just pay at the gate, go to the clubhouse and fill her up. Then you can bring a supply out while you're watching the game. - Of course if you're a person of sober abstemious habits you'll just watch the game and go home for the tay.

Thanks for that mate, I'm looking forward to it.  Bank holiday too, might head to the Corrib Rest that night.

mylestheslasher

A very weak Cavan team easily beat Galway last weekend in a challenge, Galway do not look to be coming on as they should be. They will probably have enough to beat London given that London have not shown much signs of improvement from last year either. Galway to win and be beaten by Sligo I think.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Gareth Bradshaw
Gary O'Donnell
Paul Varley
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Tom Flynn
Michael Lundy
Shane Walsh
James Kavanagh
Michael Martin
Eddie Hoare
Danny Cummins

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 22, 2014, 10:57:27 PM
Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Gareth Bradshaw
Gary O'Donnell
Paul Varley
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Tom Flynn
Michael Lundy
Shane Walsh
James Kavanagh
Michael Martin
Eddie Hoare
Danny Cummins

:(
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2014, 11:09:23 PM
Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Gareth Bradshaw
Gary O'Donnell
Paul Varley
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Tom Flynn
Michael Lundy
Shane Walsh
James Kavanagh
Michael Martin
Eddie Hoare
Danny Cummins

With Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Roscommon all having lads from outside the county are Leitrim the only racially pure county in Connacht?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2014, 11:35:37 PM
Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Gareth Bradshaw
Gary O'Donnell
Paul Varley
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Tom Flynn
Michael Lundy
Shane Walsh
James Kavanagh
Michael Martin
Eddie Hoare
Danny Cummins

With Galway, Mayo, Sligo and Roscommon all having lads from outside the county are Leitrim the only racially pure county in Connacht?

Mulligan is orginally from Donegal asaik

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2014, 11:35:37 PM
Galway team

Manus Breathnach
Donal O'Neill
Finian Hanley
Johnny Duane
Gareth Bradshaw
Gary O'Donnell
Paul Varley
Fiontain O'Curraoin
Tom Flynn
Michael Lundy
Shane Walsh
James Kavanagh
Michael Martin
Eddie Hoare
Danny Cummins

Isn't Emlyn Mulligan a Donegal man?