Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 10, 2019, 07:51:41 PM
Is the GAA dead?

Championship over. No league until January. Plenty going on with Trump, Brexit, Willie Frazer, etc., so there's more to talk about outside the GAA than in it.

highorlow

OWC v Netherlands made for hilarious viewing tonight.  :D
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Was thinking that myself today.

This forum is reflective of the average GAA fan. They have just moved on to other interests.

There was no magic to the Championship draw this week. The Leinster Championship is so bad, they won't let Dublin play away games and they won't let it be known who their semi-final opponents are until the quarter finals are completed. This is for fear their potential opponents might throw their quarter final for fear of a hiding in the semi.

Anyway enough of that. I don't have to time to be wasted talking about Intercounty football anymore. There are more interesting things to spend my time at.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

Quote from: trileacman on October 10, 2019, 09:55:06 PM

Great photo, adding it to the collection i have stored up since the early nineties.

Jim Gavins Dublin, the saviours of football.

Rossfan

What are you going to be when you grow up?

BennyCake

Is the GAA dead?

The county game is on life support. Give it a couple of years with a tiered championship, and you can switch off the machine.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2019, 01:38:31 PM
Is the GAA dead?

The county game is on life support. Give it a couple of years with a tiered championship, and you can switch off the machine.

One thing that will never die is the GAA obituaries industry. It's like Apple Computer in the 1990s, they were constantly "going out of business" too. The GAA's demise has been imminent for as long as I can remember, but in reality it's been going from strength to strength.

Look at the renaissance of hurling. The tiered championship doesn't seem to have done it one bit of harm. Today's system is an improvement over Cork obliterating Kerry in the Munster Hurling Championship to the point of people wondering what the point was of Kerry contesting it.

Rossfan

We'll all be roooooned said Hanrahan.....

From the Bunker

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 11, 2019, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 11, 2019, 01:38:31 PM
Is the GAA dead?

One thing that will never die is the GAA obituaries industry. It's like Apple Computer in the 1990s, they were constantly "going out of business" too. The GAA's demise has been imminent for as long as I can remember, but in reality it's been going from strength to strength.

Look at the renaissance of hurling. The tiered championship doesn't seem to have done it one bit of harm. Today's system is an improvement over Cork obliterating Kerry in the Munster Hurling Championship to the point of people wondering what the point was of Kerry contesting it.

Yes the tiered system will be of great benefit to Offaly next year. Since it came in what county has it improved? Is there any? It has just created a plethora of yo-yo counties who win the Ring/Rackard/Meagher/McDonagh Cup and get relegated the next year.

Rossfan

Sligo have got 2 successive promotions  ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2019, 09:43:34 PM
Sligo have got 2 successive promotions  ;)
They did indeed but what happened/ is going to happen next?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Happened Next - Sligo took home the NR Cup.
What will happen? Sorry Lar, Prophecy is not one of my gifts ;D