?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

tbrick18

Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2020, 02:07:13 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 31, 2020, 01:30:04 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 31, 2020, 10:31:02 AM
Tomorrows result could define the league campaign

Sounds like Chrissy McKaigue is on the board.... ;)

If Derry win tomorrow they are back in the promotion hunt.
If Derry lose, they are in a relegation dogfight and will be in Tier 2 championship (not necessarily the end of the world for us in terms of development).

Any word of the team?

In other words, tomorrows result could define the league campaign  :D

The latest bogus team will probably be announced tomorrow afternoon

;D ;D
Fair enough

theticklemister

Has Rory Gallagher has refused to name his team before match day? This is the second week in a row I've sourced the team a day in advance but couldn't find it.

restorepride

Quote from: theticklemister on January 31, 2020, 07:07:18 PM
Has Rory Gallagher has refused to name his team before match day? This is the second week in a row I've sourced the team a day in advance but couldn't find it.
Shane starts, along with Niall Keenan and Shea Downey at 10. Could be low scoring!

skeog

Big money investment has gone astray.

BackInTheGame

Thought we played alright for most of that but our shot selection was poor in the second half.

Their black card should have been our cue to hammer a few nails in the coffin but we went into our shells.

Smurfy123

Lads daylight robbery
Hughes stopped and certain goal and give us a free for over-carrying on the 14
I'd say Derry had about 12 wides
We will take it though

restorepride

Disappointment again despite a better performance.  1 point from two games is unlikely to be enough for promotion but if this level of spirit is shown in the rest of the league, we can build towards championship - Armagh well beaten tonight.

Derry Optimist

Not having been able to attend either of Derry's two opening National Football League games, I must say that to describe the Leitrim result as a total disappointment would be the understatement of the year.However, would I be right in saying that there was a vast improvement in yesterday's encounter against Down and but for careless shooting and wrong decision making in front of goal that they could have actually won the game.

At least that is the impression I gleaned from reporters, Michael Wilson and Michael McMullan, who are both normally fairly accurate in their overall assessment of games.

Perhaps some of our fellow posters who were at the game yesterday could give an analysis of the team's general performance and a pen picture of each player's contribution.

Does any one know if Niall Loughlin and Niall Holly will soon be match fit as their inclusion would certainly be a great boost as would the inclusion of long term injured players such as Paul McNeill,Karl McKaigue, Jack Doherty,Michael McEvoy,Jason Rocks and Enda Lynn?

BackInTheGame

Quote from: Derry Optimist on February 02, 2020, 07:56:19 PM
Not having been able to attend either of Derry's two opening National Football League games, I must say that to describe the Leitrim result as a total disappointment would be the understatement of the year.However, would I be right in saying that there was a vast improvement in yesterday's encounter against Down and but for careless shooting and wrong decision making in front of goal that they could have actually won the game.

At least that is the impression I gleaned from reporters, Michael Wilson and Michael McMullan, who are both normally fairly accurate in their overall assessment of games.

Perhaps some of our fellow posters who were at the game yesterday could give an analysis of the team's general performance and a pen picture of each player's contribution.

Does any one know if Niall Loughlin and Niall Holly will soon be match fit as their inclusion would certainly be a great boost as would the inclusion of long term injured players such as Paul McNeill,Karl McKaigue, Jack Doherty,Michael McEvoy,Jason Rocks and Enda Lynn?
Yes, I agree totally with Mal and Michael. Far better performance, we really should have won but for some bad shooting and some bad choice of shots.  The Down black card should have been the end of it but we managed the last 10 mins badly.

Far more optimistic than I was a week ago though.

What is the story with Jack Doherty's injury? Saw him in the stands at both games. Didn't realise it was a long term thing.

tonesfirstandlast

A good performance from this young team. Every man playing For the Jumper. Very unlucky.
I think we will beat Tipperary with a bit to spare.

toby47

Quote from: Derry Optimist on February 02, 2020, 07:56:19 PM

McEvoy, Rocks & Lynn all out with cruciate injuries. i'd be surprised if any of them play for Derry this year.

toby47

When are the club league fixtures usually announced?

JoG2

Quote from: toby47 on February 06, 2020, 10:36:04 AM
When are the club league fixtures usually announced?

Your secretary will have the league fixtures now

JoG2

screenexile

Just received them first round 5th April.

They're not in a Gaaboard friendly format so can't put them up I'm afraid.