Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 31, 2020, 09:36:30 AM
Quote from: lenny on December 31, 2020, 09:20:17 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Quote from: delgany on December 30, 2020, 10:23:37 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 10:21:46 PM
I think you'll be surprised at the amount of people, including the elderly have no interest in getting it.

Dead on ..... they prefer to take their chances with a fatal disease.

If you want to get sarky, deadly for approximately 2%.

It's not just the deaths. Lots of people have been left as invalids or with life changing conditions as a result of COVID. Anyone refusing the vaccine is extremely foolish and reckless with their own health and the health of their close contacts.

Fair enough point, not really going to argue it. I'm not an anti Vaxxer or believe there is anything untoward in the jab, just presented my real life findings as opposed to anything I personally may believe.

But I can tell you this board does not reflect real life opinion I've come across from a variety of walks of life. The majority are anti lockdown and fairly uncommittal on the vaccine "I wouldn't really be needing it" was one I heard from someone in their 60s believe it or not. You have to respect that every individual reserves the right to take or not take a vaccine, I wouldn't be quick to label them foolish or reckless.

If this board reflected reality though there'd be no brexit, tories wouldn't be in power, trump wouldn't be etc etc.

It was interesting to read that in the us election Biden didn't bother with Twitter because it only accounted for ~5% of all votes and wasn't worth it.  Internet opinion in general not necessarily reflective of views on the whole.

trailer

I think a lot of people are full of hot air when it comes to this vaccine. Despite what they say publicly they'll still probably get it.

Smurfy123

The simple way to let's say push people to take up the option of the vaccine is travel reasons. Put it like this if say the uptake is not what it has to be that's what will happen and rightly so.
The uk government are employing the army to do 750000 alone. Amazing numbers
And in the north all GPS willl have them from Monday with all over 80s done In a week
Great news but watch this little island fuk up somewhere
I would be amazed if it went smoothly

Tubberman

giving out about something that hasn't even happened is giving out for the sake of it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Seaney

Quote from: trailer on December 31, 2020, 10:09:41 AM
I think a lot of people are full of hot air when it comes to this vaccine. Despite what they say publicly they'll still probably get it.

I doubt you are full of hot air, I am under 50 with no health issues - what year would I be eligible for it?

sid waddell

Quote from: armaghniac on December 30, 2020, 10:48:17 PM
Probably Sinn Féin voters, surveys show that half of them don't believe in the vaccine.
Ah now, let's be fair, it's only nearly half

trileacman

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 31, 2020, 10:48:45 AM
The simple way to let's say push people to take up the option of the vaccine is travel reasons. Put it like this if say the uptake is not what it has to be that's what will happen and rightly so.
And in the north all GPS willl have them from Monday with all over 80s done In a week

I know for a fact you're wrong about all gps being vaccinated by Monday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

I think you'll be surprised at the amount of people, including the elderly have no interest in getting it.

It's not just the deaths. Lots of people have been left as invalids or with life changing conditions as a result of COVID. Anyone refusing the vaccine is extremely foolish and reckless with their own health and the health of their close contacts.

Fair enough point, not really going to argue it. I'm not an anti Vaxxer or believe there is anything untoward in the jab, just presented my real life findings as opposed to anything I personally may believe.

But I can tell you this board does not reflect real life opinion I've come across from a variety of walks of life. The majority are anti lockdown and fairly uncommittal on the vaccine "I wouldn't really be needing it" was one I heard from someone in their 60s believe it or not. You have to respect that every individual reserves the right to take or not take a vaccine, I wouldn't be quick to label them foolish or reckless.
Spain are considering registering the unvaccinated.These details could be shared with other countries.

I'd be of the opinion that if the vaccine was made available and you refused you should be put up the yard if you subsequently required hospital treatment. Also, the vaccine isn't just about preventing deaths in the elderly, there is an economic benefit too as people won't have to take time off work in the event of being symptomatic. I honestly don't see a downside to it. An expert (a proper one - not a chemical engineer) said that if most people take the jab which will reduce symptoms it therefore reduces the prevalence of the virus and therefore is more likely to die out.If they don't on the basis that they believe they don't need it, not an unfair assessment, the prevalence remains and therefore the risk of further mutation not covered by the vaccines. People need to stop thinking about their own selfish needs and think of the big picture.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trileacman on December 31, 2020, 12:32:42 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 31, 2020, 10:48:45 AM

I know for a fact you're wrong about all gps being vaccinated by Monday.

Dont think he said vaccinated by Monday, just recieve supplys of.

Tony Baloney

Also who is this knob Liam Mulholland that pops up on social media as a local "expert"?

Smurfy123

Yes I meant receive. But I could be wrong? I woukd imagine the reason they didn't start vaccinating from yesterday was to get all the supply's out to local GPS across the UK ready for a big push Monday

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 31, 2020, 12:35:14 PM

Spain are considering registering the unvaccinated.These details could be shared with other countries.

I'd be of the opinion that if the vaccine was made available and you refused you should be put up the yard if you subsequently required hospital treatment. Also, the vaccine isn't just about preventing deaths in the elderly, there is an economic benefit too as people won't have to take time off work in the event of being symptomatic. I honestly don't see a downside to it. An expert (a proper one - not a chemical engineer) said that if most people take the jab which will reduce symptoms it therefore reduces the prevalence of the virus and therefore is more likely to die out.If they don't on the basis that they believe they don't need it, not an unfair assessment, the prevalence remains and therefore the risk of further mutation not covered by the vaccines. People need to stop thinking about their own selfish needs and think of the big picture.

For talk sake......and if there turns out to be some side effect from the vaccine in X years?

Milltown Row2

We've talked about it, there could be issues with plenty medication we've taken in a number years...

The simple solution for everyone is take what you want, I doubt very much anyone will be forced.

But if country asks you to take it before entering you and others will have a choice, if a job requires it, then the option is there also.

Each to their own.. when it's available I'll be taking it, work wise it's very much required for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #11074 on: Today at 07:06:50 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove
So from the 101 deaths in the south of Ireland in December
33 care homes
33 hospital outbreaks
35 from the community

I would imagine the 33 in hospital were patients who were very sick

Get that vaccination into the old and venerable quickly

Capt Pat

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 31, 2020, 07:07:36 PM

Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #11074 on: Today at 07:06:50 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove
So from the 101 deaths in the south of Ireland in December
33 care homes
33 hospital outbreaks
35 from the community

I would imagine the 33 in hospital were patients who were very sick

Get that vaccination into the old and venerable quickly

I wish I was venerable then I could be wise and get the vaccine.