The vaccine rollout

Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Angelo on February 19, 2021, 09:31:09 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 19, 2021, 09:26:44 PM
Sadly, a right few don't believe it is all that bad a virus. Those numbers are growing.

It's a bad virus if you have underlying conditions or are elderly.

Outside of that the data says it is not a threat on your life.

That's not really true though. My wife is a nurse and works in the Nightingale when called upon. Although, as you say, the deaths are mostly those with underlying conditions, she has looked after many, many very sick 40-60 year olds who had none. Most survived. But only for the best medical provisions they were goners.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Johnson & Johnson vaccine 'highly effective' against severe Covid, 85% against severe Covid with one vaccination, a bit less in preventing mild symptoms.
There were no reported deaths in the vaccine group, but five in the placebo group.
It will likely be approved in the US this week and in the EU not long after.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0224/1199099-vaccines-johnson-and-johnson/

Also French researchers have devised a test using camel antibodies that is nearly as accurate as lab tests and takes 10 minutes.
This kind of development would be very helpful also as anyone visiting a nursing home or the like could be tested or even going into Croke Pk.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Has the Roll out going in New York?

I see they are opening bars/restaurants to 35% capacity

Looking to go end October
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea