Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2021, 04:35:50 PM
The amount of energy wasted debating these things never ceases to amaze me, it's over, done move on to fcuk... Ultimately United got what they deserved....

Sure what else shall we do in these times? Liverpool fans haven't moved on from last year's game, one they won 2-0. 

Most certainly got what they deserved last night and produce a simliar performance against Arsenal on Saturday expect a 2 or 3-0 defeat.

Milltown Row2

Arsenal are showing some improvement. Tougher run of games will show where Utd are actually at. Top 4 if, they put yesterday's game behind them.

The first half was so lacklustre that maybe they started believing their own hype.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on January 28, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
The amount of energy wasted debating these things never ceases to amaze me, it's over, done move on to fcuk...
You're always coming into football threads posting shite like this.
How about you f**k off and let  lads discuss what they want, who the f**k are you to be telling anyone what they should and shouldn't be discussing.

Fella on internet forum offers opinion, shock horror!

Nobodys opinion has ever been changed by one of these debates.

This isn't the first time that out of the blue you have randomly had a pop, did I step on your corns at some stage?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 28, 2021, 06:38:28 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 28, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
The amount of energy wasted debating these things never ceases to amaze me, it's over, done move on to fcuk...
You're always coming into football threads posting shite like this.
How about you f**k off and let  lads discuss what they want, who the f**k are you to be telling anyone what they should and shouldn't be discussing.

Fella on internet forum offers opinion, shock horror!

Nobodys opinion has ever been changed by one of these debates.

This isn't the first time that out of the blue you have randomly had a pop, did I step on your corns at some stage?

On his period
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

reillycavan

A statue would move more than Martial. Cavani can't play every game.  You think Martial would try make a name for himself.  No desire.

BennyCake

Martial's a lazy hoor. I wasnt a massive fan of Lukaku, but at least he was a bit more livelier than him. Think someone said he has 2 goals all season. Time to go.

Helix.

Quote from: BennyCake on January 28, 2021, 09:12:32 PM
Martial's a lazy hoor. I wasnt a massive fan of Lukaku, but at least he was a bit more livelier than him. Think someone said he has 2 goals all season. Time to go.

Too inconsistent and has been blowing hot and cold since he came. Granted you're only as good as the delivery you get aswell. If Aguero goes from City and if there's a sniff of Harry Kane discontent from Spurs would be a bidding war worth being in for Kane. Probably bulling but one can dream. Hopefully they turn things around on Saturday vs Arsenal.

Boycey

Jesse (almost) away to West Ham for the rest of the season, I hope it reignites his career for him. He stagnated at United and his off field persona didn't exactly endear him to people but there is a decent enough footballer in there..

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Boycey on January 29, 2021, 10:29:29 AM
Jesse (almost) away to West Ham for the rest of the season, I hope it reignites his career for him. He stagnated at United and his off field persona didn't exactly endear him to people but there is a decent enough footballer in there..

Like him or loathe him his goal reel is a joy to watch. Rio Ferdinand said they struggled to work out his best positon at Utd which maybe stunted his development. Good luck to him. I'll add that he hasnt been any worse than Martial.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 29, 2021, 12:12:19 PM

Like him or loathe him his goal reel is a joy to watch. Rio Ferdinand said they struggled to work out his best positon at Utd which maybe stunted his development. Good luck to him. I'll add that he hasnt been any worse than Martial.

Maybe the reason there was a struggle to find his best position is that he just wasn't very good in any of them. An ordinary player with an ordinary record, punctuated with one outlier of a season in 17/18 when he briefly looked capable of ascending to the next level.

Very poor call by him and his agent to not look for an exit after it became clear he wasn't wanted last summer. He has not enhanced the value of his next contract with six months of bench warming, and the footballing world is now six months deeper into the COVID financial crisis. Lucky to get this audition at West Ham - wouldn't be a surprise if he fluffs it.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

trailer

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 29, 2021, 02:13:33 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 29, 2021, 12:12:19 PM

Maybe the reason there was a struggle to find his best position is that he just wasn't very good in any of them. An ordinary player with an ordinary record, punctuated with one outlier of a season in 17/18 when he briefly looked capable of ascending to the next level.

Very poor call by him and his agent to not look for an exit after it became clear he wasn't wanted last summer. He has not enhanced the value of his next contract with six months of bench warming, and the footballing world is now six months deeper into the COVID financial crisis. Lucky to get this audition at West Ham - wouldn't be a surprise if he fluffs it.

Everything that was wrong with Utd in this last 5-6 years. He achieved very little yet acted like he had won multiple PLs. He lacked effort and heart. Doubt he'll impress at WHU. He'll be lucky if he gets another perm PL contract.

snoopdog

I disagree. Jesse never lacked the effort or desire for utd. He just wasnt top level. Not his fault though. He scored a few big goals in his 1 good season. He got sucked into the whole social media rubbish that jose seemed to allow for some reason. He would regularly sign autographs for kids and pose for pictures while other so called stars walked past. Best of luck to him. A lot of people being harsh on him but he played to his capabilities mostly. Not his or Pereira etc fault if they got game time. I honestly believe Lingard wouldve given more than Martial or indeed Mason who has badly struggled this season apart from last sunday. Good luck to him

Ethan Tremblay

I wouldn't have been Lingard's biggest fan either, ability wise, he just isn't there.  I'm sure he will have big regrets over leaving but ultimately that was down to him.  Kind of reminiscent of Phil Neville, a good servant, but limited to a role as a squad player. 

He has an opportunity to salvage his career elsewhere, hopefully he realises that. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

johnnycool

Are Phil jones and Chris Smalling still on the books at Utd?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on January 29, 2021, 03:26:02 PM
Are Phil jones and Chris Smalling still on the books at Utd?

Phil Jones still is and I think Chris Smalling signed for Roma after a bit toing and froing over the €20m pricetag