Tyrone's Division 2 Fixtures 2011

Started by clarshack, October 01, 2010, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

does anyone think tyrone will lose a lot of season ticket holders for 2011? or will they hold on for a year in the hope that
tyrone will be back in the big time in 2012.

Can't see why.  After more years than most can care to remember of Div 1 football it will be nice to meet a few different teams and no doubt those counties lucky enougn to host us will warmly welcome 'the best team of the past 30 years'.  to quote Armagh's best ever player.

Maguire01

Quote from: clarshack on October 02, 2010, 11:37:38 PM
in 2010 tyrone played kerry, cork, dublin and mayo at home.
in 2011 tyrone play antrim, donegal and kildare at home.
some difference (no disrespect).
How good are Dublin and Mayo?
Were Kildare not in a semi-final a month ago?
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss either Donegal or Antrim for a league game either.

clarshack

i wasnt trying to run down the division 2 teams - i was trying to make the point that kerry, cork and dublin etc whet the appetite more than the divison 2 teams and therefore asking a valid question - could tyrone lose season ticket holders for 2011?

Jinxy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 03, 2010, 09:10:59 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 02, 2010, 11:37:38 PM
in 2010 tyrone played kerry, cork, dublin and mayo at home.
in 2011 tyrone play antrim, donegal and kildare at home.
some difference (no disrespect).
How good are Dublin and Mayo?
Were Kildare not in a semi-final a month ago?
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss either Donegal or Antrim for a league game either.

Well, they beat Tyrone twice this year in fairness.
Should have beaten Cork too.
We still hammered them though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Zulu

Quote from: clarshack on October 03, 2010, 09:24:30 PM
i wasnt trying to run down the division 2 teams - i was trying to make the point that kerry, cork and dublin etc whet the appetite more than the divison 2 teams and therefore asking a valid question - could tyrone lose season ticket holders for 2011?

I'd prefer the division 2 games if I was a Tyrone man. All the teams in this division will be trying to get out of it or avoid relegation, you don't know how the division 1 teams will treat games.

ONeill

It is humbling though the way other counties have a great interest in Tyrone's fixtures. I have no idea nor have any interest in any other county's schedule. Tyrone really are the Brazil of GAA.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Brazil of GAA eh?
Must get to some games this year then to see this Brazilian fans.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2010, 12:04:04 AM
It is humbling though the way other counties have a great interest in Tyrone's fixtures. I have no idea nor have any interest in any other county's schedule. Tyrone really are the Brazil of GAA.

I think we tend to be more interested in England rather than Brazil? Maybe Tyrone are the England of the GAA?

Mike Sheehy

Thats a fair point. Couldn't really disagree with that at all.

..also,  Brazil are the Kerry of the soccer world in case any of ye make the common mistake of getting that comparison backwards.

ONeill

Quote from: Zapatista on October 05, 2010, 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2010, 12:04:04 AM

I think we tend to be more interested in England rather than Brazil? Maybe Tyrone are the England of the GAA?

Like feck. If I see a round of international fixtures and would like to catch a couple on the TV, I'd look for Argentina, Brazil and Spain to see who they're playing. England? Even the dentist is preferable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.