Euro Disney

Started by aontroim abu, April 16, 2008, 03:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

Thinking of taking the kids there for a few days, but have heard the place is a nightmare for queues. Has anyone any tips on what to do, see, where to eat, where not to go etc?

SammyG

Quote from: aontroim abu on April 16, 2008, 03:49:59 PM
Thinking of taking the kids there for a few days, but have heard the place is a nightmare for queues. Has anyone any tips on what to do, see, where to eat, where not to go etc?

Queues depend what time of day, get in to the park early and you'll be fine. As far as tips, make sure you do the shows, they're brilliant and do for any age (you'll get a timetable and 'what's on' guide on the way in').  For the rides it depends on the age of the kids and what sort of things they like. If they're younger then head straight through the Castle, and there are loads of kiddie rides (although the adults will enjoy them too!), if they're a bit older (over 8 or so) then make sure you do Space Moutain and Buzz Lightyear. If you're into movies then make sure you do the Studios park as well, they do a brilliant behind the scenes tour and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is my favourite ride in the world.

As far as eating there are loads of places around the park, ranging from hotdogs to sit down meals but the best option is to leave the park at lunchtime and walk across to Disney Village (only a few yards away from the front gate) and you have a massive choice of shops and restaurants (including a McDonalds for the kids).

rory

During the week is lot better than weekends, especially during term time.  Use the Fastpass system for the more popular rides.  Also, if you have seen one of the parades already, go to the popular rides while the parade is on, as lots of pewople will be watching the parade and not queueing.

ziggysego

Get a wheelchair and skip the queues. Worked for me ;)
Testing Accessibility

corn02

Very good Zig. :)

Iwent a few years ago when I was anipper and had an excellent time.

We arrived just as the park was opening so we did not have to wait long. Later in the day it got worse but the only rides with massive lines are the rolelercoasters - spacemounain etc.

As someone pointed out see a parade and then hit the big rides when the other parades are on, massive amount of people watch them.

Be sure you make the 1pm parade, if you don't you'll have to wait to the 1'05pm parade.

aontroim abu

I think i'll be spending a lot of the time in around the castle (2 girls 10 & 6), but i might have to cry off and do the Tower o.f Terror.
Goind end of May so hopefully the weather will be grand.

Thanks for the help

J70

Quote from: aontroim abu on April 16, 2008, 03:49:59 PM

I was at the one in Orlando a few Christmases ago and it was a nightmare. Find the quietest time of the year and then go, because it just isn't worth fighting your way through the throngs of people and waiting two hours to go on the best rides.