Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

Quote from: downjim on August 02, 2018, 12:36:34 PM
9 goals in 17 games is a poor return especially when their main forward in over 35 and plays as a lone striker.
Carryduff will certainly be no walk over
Would have thought T Rushe was only about 20/21 years old

downjim

Rushe plays at chf but mostly is at chb

Smurfy123

Rushe was a decent minor with good potential but has not carried that form through to senior level. He is just a bang average club player now.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 02, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Rushe was a decent minor with good potential but has not carried that form through to senior level. He is just a bang average club player now.

Genuine question/observation, I have always liked Rushe and thought that he could push on to bigger and better things with club and county. However he seems to have sacrificed himself to Ballyhollands defensive setup which pushes him further away from where he is most dangerous. Would I be right in my opinion/observation that this is possibly the root cause of of him levelling out so to speak??

Smurfy123

Seems to lack physical strength for senior football. Was a brilliant minor and potential Down senior but like so many failed to push on

Targetman

He'll probably score more for Newry City than he would for Ballyholland!!

JimmyFloydMay123

Concern I think for harps is a lot of older players who have don't great work for them throughout their careers are coming to possibly their final year. What is the future like for them?

elk

Quote from: Hedgehunter on August 02, 2018, 07:57:26 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 02, 2018, 04:13:24 PM

Genuine question/observation, I have always liked Rushe and thought that he could push on to bigger and better things with club and county. However he seems to have sacrificed himself to Ballyhollands defensive setup which pushes him further away from where he is most dangerous. Would I be right in my opinion/observation that this is possibly the root cause of of him levelling out so to speak??
Probably is a factor as the lad has always played in forward positions but a lot of players play out of position for their clubs when required, adapt and still manage to put in good performances.

downjim

There should be a big crowd in the Point tonight.

Targetman

downjim

Has anyone any prices for the weekend games??

Samforever

£8 in for double header. Some of them venues will have loads of headers

Targetman

I think he's looking the betting!!

downjim

Yes the betting??

Is their a championship ticket this season??

maldini

Any bookmakers doing odds for winners of the intermediate championship?