Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

My point is they should not have 4 players on the county squad. Thought I made that point very clear? If not now I do gaa man

gaaman2016

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 12, 2018, 06:33:46 PM
My point is they should not have 4 players on the county squad. Thought I made that point very clear? If not now I do gaa man

In that case (despite the result today) given that Glenn are mid table in Division 2, should they have 3 starters? I personally don't have an issue with 3 boys on the panel from RGU. If others won't commit someone has to be on the panel

On Glenn ,they got beat in Division 2  last week by 24 points so fair play to them for turning that around. Surely goes down as one of the biggest upsets in Down GAA history given the gulf in class between Division 1 and 2  ::) ::)

Smurfy123

All but 1 game done and Kilcoo still the team to beat
CPN good win tonight in a tricky match
Stilll sticking to my predictions CPN V KILCOO final
Jim all the pressure now on you

elk

Don't think too many teams would be worried about CPN on tonight's performance

Smurfy123

7 point win over Neighbours Rostrevor a great win. Nobody will want us either

downjim

No pressure on us, a young side for the future. No chance for anyone with Kilcoo and the illustrious CPN ready to battle it out in October. I was down the town on Saturday night and yous really fancy your chances this year. Don't forget to book off them Mondays now.

upandwin

One would've been forgiven for thinking you lot won the Championship after beating Kilcoo a fortnight ago ClownJim...I'd tell you to book your days off but I've a feeling you don't have anywhere to be on Monday mornings...Maybe you should stop worrying about other clubs all the time and get your own house in order...Have yas sent the annual invite for Breakfast to Slaughtneil yet or just waiting to see who draws the Magpies in Ulster? ;)

Brick Tamlin

No real shocks with the weekend games. Last nights game was a no-brainer. Disappointed at the quality however and definitely expected more from Rostrevor in a derby game. Point have undoubted quality but Rostrevor just dont have same calibre of player available. They also arent getting best from key men. They more or less rolled over and had their bellies tickled by the Point for long spells.

Same could be said for Kilcoo game really. Again wasnt played with the intensity or needle of a championship derby. Bryansford need a hard look at themselves. Carry to much quality in their ranks to be poncing about from year to year underchieving.

Cant see Loughinisland troubling Burren tonight.

downjim

Does the championship start on Thursday again? Kilcoo looked to have a few newbies playing

thebar

Burren need to be beating Loughinisland pulling up if they have any notion of a championship.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 13, 2018, 10:10:00 AM
No real shocks with the weekend games. Last nights game was a no-brainer. Disappointed at the quality however and definitely expected more from Rostrevor in a derby game. Point have undoubted quality but Rostrevor just dont have same calibre of player available. They also arent getting best from key men. They more or less rolled over and had their bellies tickled by the Point for long spells.

Same could be said for Kilcoo game really. Again wasnt played with the intensity or needle of a championship derby. Bryansford need a hard look at themselves. Carry to much quality in their ranks to be poncing about from year to year underchieving.

Cant see Loughinisland troubling Burren tonight.

:o

Hedgehunter

Quote from: downjim on August 13, 2018, 10:16:41 AM
Does the championship start on Thursday again? Kilcoo looked to have a few newbies playing
Yes, Burren are slated to Play Clonduff in Annsborough.

downjim

Annsborough not a bad pitch, anything's better than the Glenn surface

elk

Quote from: thebar on August 13, 2018, 10:45:05 AM
Burren need to be beating Loughinisland pulling up if they have any notion of a championship.
They should beat Loughisland easily sure aren't they form team in the county after beating Kilcoo and CPN in top of the league clashes. They will probably do the league/championship double now!

Hedgehunter

Quote from: downjim on August 13, 2018, 11:21:03 AM
Annsborough not a bad pitch, anything's better than the Glenn surface
Aye but sure we're selling a few lotto tickets, so what's your problem now??