Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on December 19, 2020, 02:54:02 PM
Point of order wearers-
McGahern was sacked because he married a woman in a foreign Registry Office instead of having  a  Catholic Marriage.

Thanks for correction there, Rossfan. Either way, the state was not fit for purpose with people like Archbishop McQuaid ruling the roost.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Let's drop it and get back to what this thread is about. Sinn Féin. Another bullying Facebook group uncovered i see.
This is the true face of SF behind the scenes. I know that from close hand experience

dublin7

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 09:45:51 AM
Let's drop it and get back to what this thread is about. Sinn Féin. Another bullying Facebook group uncovered i see.
This is the true face of SF behind the scenes. I know that from close hand experience

SF are fine when the media only focus on Mary Lou and Pearse Doherty. Journalists have copped on now that there are some strange individuals in the party with outlandish views and they are now focusing on them.

Twitter is a cesspool of hate on alot of topics, but if you criticize any SF member or action on it you'll be in for a flood of abuse from SF users. They have a far bigger presence there than any other party

Angelo

In the news today:

"Worrying"
"Chilling"
"Not a normal political party"
etc

Fine Gael councillor called to Limerick pensioner's home to confront him over Facebook post
Stock picture
Stock picture

Hugh O'Connell

December 20 2020 02:30 AM

A Fine Gael councillor called to a Limerick pensioner's home at night to confront him over a social media post and then later threatened to go to gardaí about it.

Councillor Liam Galvin told constituent Eamon Roche (70) of Abbeyfeale, west Limerick, he would go to gardaí and his solicitor over the man's post on Facebook.

It had criticised the councillor's and Fine Gael minister Patrick O'Donovan's response after the flood defences and backyard terrace of Mr Roche's home were washed away by erosion from the River Feale.

Mr Galvin denied making such threats to Mr Roche but told the Sunday Independent: "When I called to that house and when I sent that text message, all the social media posts stopped."

Mr Roche criticised Mr Galvin and Mr O'Donovan on Facebook on January 15 - the day after the general election was called - and said he would not be voting Fine Gael.

He wrote that had Mr O'Donovan acted when representations about river erosion were made via Mr Galvin in 2015, the incident two years later would not have occurred.

Mr Roche, who is a former Fine Gael member, wrote that Mr O'Donovan advised him to keep away from the media and that the minister was unhappy with him posting comments on social media.

Protracted efforts to get the damage repaired, involving Limerick City and County Council (LCCC) and the Office of Public Works, resulted in Mr Roche and his wife Marie falling out with the two Fine Gael politicians.

On January 16 last, the night after Mr Roche posted on Facebook, Mrs Roche (66) said Mr Galvin called unannounced to their home at around 8.30pm. Not wishing to speak to him, she began to close the door when he asked to speak with Mr Roche. "I got a fright. He just said: 'Can I speak to Eamon?' I closed the door in his face," Mrs Roche said.

Mr Roche said his wife was left "distressed" by the councillor calling to the house at that hour. He said Mr Galvin tried to call him the following day, but he did not answer.

In a subsequent text, Mr Galvin wrote: "Eamon, I wanted to talk to you about the posts that you are putting up on Facebook.

"Mention my name again and I'll be going further with this.

"I will be arranging a meeting with my solicitor and the gardaí re this defamation if it continues. I never again want anything to do with you or your wife."

Mr Galvin confirmed he sent the text, but denied it was a threat and said he had called to the house canvassing. Mr Roche disputes this, saying: "He wouldn't be canvassing at half-eight at night on his own."

When it was put to him that Mrs Roche had "got a fright" when he called to the house, Mr Galvin responded: "Oh, sorry if she got a fright. Would she get a fright when everyone is calling to the door? Would she get a fright if the postman called to the door?"

Mr Galvin, who has been a councillor since 2004, told the Sunday Independent he "went out of my way to help that family".

He said he had not issued a solicitor's letter to Mr Roche in relation to the Facebook post, which is still online. Asked if he had contacted gardaí, Mr Galvin said: "Listen, go and talk to them to discuss it there if you want. As I say, I don't discuss constituents, I'll leave it at that."

Mr Roche complained to Fine Gael's leader on LCCC, Councillor John Sheahan, on January 21. He said in an email that Mr Galvin "pays no attention to our wishes and caused us great hurt and distress in the past".

Mr Sheahan later replied to say he lacked "any powers in relation to individual behaviour of any our councillors" but said he had forwarded the complaint to Mr Galvin.

On Friday, Mr Sheahan said he believed it was a personal matter between the two men. "I could have referred it to HQ but I thought it was an issue they could resolve," he said.

Mr Roche ended up paying to repair the flood damage.

Limerick mayor Michael Collins, a Fianna Fáil councillor who worked with the Roche family on the issue, described them as "decent people... badly let down" by "a lot of agencies and people who could have done better".

Mr O'Donovan did not respond to queries.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 10:10:10 AM

SF are fine when the media only focus on Mary Lou and Pearse Doherty. Journalists have copped on now that there are some strange individuals in the party with outlandish views and they are now focusing on them.

Twitter is a cesspool of hate on alot of topics, but if you criticize any SF member or action on it you'll be in for a flood of abuse from SF users. They have a far bigger presence there than any other party

100 percent. Twitter is rotten with SF bullies.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 10:45:29 AM

There's two sides to the coin.

FG have a load of Concannonbots, paid for by the taxpayers money which relentlessly attack SF. Meanwhile FF have appointed the former editor of The Sun, a renowned racists as their government spin man.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/taoiseach-brings-back-communications-guru-for-covid-19-public-campaign-39054064.html

If you could look at things objectively for once, it would be great.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

You would have to suspect it's systemic in SF at this stage with all the stories that have emerged last few years. A senior shinner told me in private few years back that M Cahill was a dirty s@#t. There is a nastiness there . Experts at character assassination and spreading bile

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 11:05:18 AM
You would have to suspect it's systemic in SF at this stage with all the stories that have emerged last few years. A senior shinner told me in private few years back that M Cahill was a dirty s@#t. There is a nastiness there . Experts at character assassination and spreading bile

You would have to imagine that you are unable to be objective and consistent in your viewpoint.

Nice little unsubstantiated, anonymous anecdote there to suit your agenda.

Maybe you should name your senior SF source?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 11:12:16 AM

You would have to imagine that you are unable to be objective and consistent in your viewpoint.

It would betray a friendship. I didn't just stop being friendly with some of these people because I don't vote them anymore, I did challenge him in language that time Look up m Cahill name search on Twitter and see historical abuse .

trueblue1234

You've a wealth of 'little stories' like these don't you. Lol

Unfortunately given 60% of your posts are slagging off SF you lose credibility and tend to look a bit like a bot yourself.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 20, 2020, 11:30:39 AM
You've a wealth of 'little stories' like these don't you. Lol

Unfortunately given 60% of your posts are slagging off SF you lose credibility and tend to look a bit like a bot yourself.

Since I did work with SF I'm in a good position.. it's could you are keeping count of my posts,even better that you demonstrate the shinner tendency to discount any challenge by using words like "no credibility" without giving data of where the credibility does not exist .

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 10:39:07 AM

In the news today:

"Worrying"
"Chilling"
"Not a normal political party"
etc

Fine Gael councillor called to Limerick pensioner's home to confront him over Facebook post
Stock picture
Stock picture

Hugh O'Connell

December 20 2020 02:30 AM

A Fine Gael councillor called to a Limerick pensioner's home at night to confront him over a social media post and then later threatened to go to gardaí about it.

Councillor Liam Galvin told constituent Eamon Roche (70) of Abbeyfeale, west Limerick, he would go to gardaí and his solicitor over the man's post on Facebook.

It had criticised the councillor's and Fine Gael minister Patrick O'Donovan's response after the flood defences and backyard terrace of Mr Roche's home were washed away by erosion from the River Feale.

Mr Galvin denied making such threats to Mr Roche but told the Sunday Independent: "When I called to that house and when I sent that text message, all the social media posts stopped."

Mr Roche criticised Mr Galvin and Mr O'Donovan on Facebook on January 15 - the day after the general election was called - and said he would not be voting Fine Gael.

He wrote that had Mr O'Donovan acted when representations about river erosion were made via Mr Galvin in 2015, the incident two years later would not have occurred.

Mr Roche, who is a former Fine Gael member, wrote that Mr O'Donovan advised him to keep away from the media and that the minister was unhappy with him posting comments on social media.

Protracted efforts to get the damage repaired, involving Limerick City and County Council (LCCC) and the Office of Public Works, resulted in Mr Roche and his wife Marie falling out with the two Fine Gael politicians.

On January 16 last, the night after Mr Roche posted on Facebook, Mrs Roche (66) said Mr Galvin called unannounced to their home at around 8.30pm. Not wishing to speak to him, she began to close the door when he asked to speak with Mr Roche. "I got a fright. He just said: 'Can I speak to Eamon?' I closed the door in his face," Mrs Roche said.

Mr Roche said his wife was left "distressed" by the councillor calling to the house at that hour. He said Mr Galvin tried to call him the following day, but he did not answer.

In a subsequent text, Mr Galvin wrote: "Eamon, I wanted to talk to you about the posts that you are putting up on Facebook.

"Mention my name again and I'll be going further with this.

"I will be arranging a meeting with my solicitor and the gardaí re this defamation if it continues. I never again want anything to do with you or your wife."

Mr Galvin confirmed he sent the text, but denied it was a threat and said he had called to the house canvassing. Mr Roche disputes this, saying: "He wouldn't be canvassing at half-eight at night on his own."

When it was put to him that Mrs Roche had "got a fright" when he called to the house, Mr Galvin responded: "Oh, sorry if she got a fright. Would she get a fright when everyone is calling to the door? Would she get a fright if the postman called to the door?"

Mr Galvin, who has been a councillor since 2004, told the Sunday Independent he "went out of my way to help that family".

He said he had not issued a solicitor's letter to Mr Roche in relation to the Facebook post, which is still online. Asked if he had contacted gardaí, Mr Galvin said: "Listen, go and talk to them to discuss it there if you want. As I say, I don't discuss constituents, I'll leave it at that."

Mr Roche complained to Fine Gael's leader on LCCC, Councillor John Sheahan, on January 21. He said in an email that Mr Galvin "pays no attention to our wishes and caused us great hurt and distress in the past".

Mr Sheahan later replied to say he lacked "any powers in relation to individual behaviour of any our councillors" but said he had forwarded the complaint to Mr Galvin.

On Friday, Mr Sheahan said he believed it was a personal matter between the two men. "I could have referred it to HQ but I thought it was an issue they could resolve," he said.

Mr Roche ended up paying to repair the flood damage.

Limerick mayor Michael Collins, a Fianna Fáil councillor who worked with the Roche family on the issue, described them as "decent people... badly let down" by "a lot of agencies and people who could have done better".

Mr O'Donovan did not respond to queries.

FG have an ex- lad from The Sun newspaper as their spin guy.

Can you imagine that?...The f*#cking Sun as top PR guys for an Irish political party.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 10:45:29 AM

There's two sides to the coin.

FG have a load of Concannonbots, paid for by the taxpayers money which relentlessly attack SF. Meanwhile FF have appointed the former editor of The Sun, a renowned racists as their government spin man.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/taoiseach-brings-back-communications-guru-for-covid-19-public-campaign-39054064.html

If you could look at things objectively for once, it would be great.

Were FG not actively recruiting people to work on their 'online activity'?

Was there not an ad somewhere recently and it gave their job description?

All political parties have fall outs, where it's down to policies or mainly, personalities.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 11:26:23 AM

It would betray a friendship. I didn't just stop being friendly with some of these people because I don't vote them anymore, I did challenge him in language that time Look up m Cahill name search on Twitter and see historical abuse .

There's nothing like an anonymous, unsubstantiated anecdote to support a bias.

Have you not already betrayed a friendship by telling the story?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on December 20, 2020, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 20, 2020, 11:26:23 AM

There's nothing like an anonymous, unsubstantiated anecdote to support a bias.

Have you not already betrayed a friendship by telling the story?

No