Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 12, 2020, 07:59:14 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 11, 2020, 11:57:04 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2020, 11:47:06 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 11, 2020, 10:48:54 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2020, 08:56:36 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 11, 2020, 08:33:08 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2020, 08:14:22 PM
i never see SF anywhere near Foyle search and rescue fundraisers

Top tip:
Before spouting your bitterness, a 2 second google would have been worth your while

Now for your "Oh but....but..that doesn't count because....because eh..."

Hopefully they put good bit of their money in the box. I've had misfortune of walking the bank's twice and they were not to be seen. Oh wonder why. No cameras.

You very carefully failed to address rest of my post

Just as predicted, you're bang in schedule to make excuses for being proven wrong. "Oh but its just for the cameras", "oh but he probably didn't donate". Would you ever go get that enormous chip on your shoulder seen to?

Ffs the photo must be 15 years old. You do realise that Kevin and wee Eric lost their seats for both being useless since then.  ;D

So now its the age of the photo?lol Set the shovel down before you prove me right with a third post.
Of course the age is important. 15 years ago SF were still telling us to vote against Europe and that they were pro life amongst a long long list of many other things.

See the photo is 8 years old not 15. You see when you said:

You didnt make it clear that you are only 7 years old. Would explain a lot though.

Did I not tell you to set the shovel down?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on November 12, 2020, 08:41:51 AM

Top tip:
Before spouting your bitterness, a 2 second google would have been worth your while

Hopefully they put good bit of their money in the box. I've had misfortune of walking the bank's twice and they were not to be seen. Oh wonder why. No cameras.

Just as predicted, you're bang in schedule to make excuses for being proven wrong. "Oh but its just for the cameras", "oh but he probably didn't donate". Would you ever go get that enormous chip on your shoulder seen to?

Ffs the photo must be 15 years old. You do realise that Kevin and wee Eric lost their seats for both being useless since then.  ;D

So now its the age of the photo?lol Set the shovel down before you prove me right with a third post.
Of course the age is important. 15 years ago SF were still telling us to vote against Europe and that they were pro life amongst a long long list of many other things.

You didnt make it clear that you are only 7 years old. Would explain a lot though.

It's ok they were still ok against all those things 8 years ago too lol. Kevin and  Eric still dumped out of their seats for bring useless, and SF still should have donated their donation to charity. They have spent 1000s on pictures of Karen Mullan and mad Martina around Derry this week telling us to sneeze into our elbows. Ffs vanity project.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 12, 2020, 09:14:46 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 12, 2020, 08:41:51 AM

Top tip:

It's ok they were still ok against all those things 8 years ago too lol. Kevin and  Eric still dumped out of their seats for bring useless, and SF still should have donated their donation to charity. They have spent 1000s on pictures of Karen Mullan and mad Martina around Derry this week telling us to sneeze into our elbows. Ffs vanity project.
What odds what their policies were 8 years ago. You simply accused them of "never" showing up at Foyle Search & Rescue fundraisers. That has been proven to be just more of your shite talk.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2020, 04:34:11 PM
Poor oul Stanley being thrown under the Maryloo bus?

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1204/1182305-brian-stanley-tweet/

Warning signs were there few years back with his homophobic tweet about Varadkar. Another loose cannon

red hander

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2020, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2020, 04:34:11 PM
Poor oul Stanley being thrown under the Maryloo bus?

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1204/1182305-brian-stanley-tweet/

Warning signs were there few years back with his homophobic tweet about Varadkar. Another loose cannon

Varadkar tweet was outta order, even though it related to a Blue Shirt w**ker. But nothing whatsoever wrong with tweet about Kilmichael and Warrenpoint. Irony is, if SAS 'hero' Blair Mayne (a  bone fide war criminal) had carried out those magnificent ambushes, we'd never hear the end of them from unionists.f**k em.

Rossfan

sid waddell

Stanley seems to be a bit of an eejit

But that's not a disqualifying offence, as the history of politics in Ireland proves beyond any doubt

His tweet about Kilmichael and Warrenpoint was pure eejitry, like, why on earth would you tweet that, pure rabble rousing

But that tweet which referenced Varadkar was not homophobic and what he said in that radio interview was not racist - well, I didn't see it anyway - that's a stitch up

At the same time Stanley was an eejit to write the tweet in a way which left him open to bad faith accusations of homophobia

Sinn Féin have sort of made a rod for their own back with their social media strategy

It involves internet pile ons and it involves a deliberate destruction of context

Now Fine Gael are throwing these internet pile ons and deliberate destruction of context back at them in spades

Fine Gael are only too happy to use the Tory media strategy

It's really depressing to see the this Trumpification of Irish politics

Micheal Martin does it too, he ludicrously called Alan Kelly "the far left"

Facepalm stuff

And now a former editor of the Irish Sun has been appointed Government Press Secretary

There's only more mudslinging and imported US and British tactics ahead

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Homophobic attacks of Varadkar by Shinners on Twitter are rife. Ireland is still a place with plenty of homophobes. Sad really , growing up as a young gay man or woman must be still a challenge

sid waddell

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 05, 2020, 12:30:26 PM
Homophobic attacks of Varadkar by Shinners on Twitter are rife. Ireland is still a place with plenty of homophobes. Sad really , growing up as a young gay man or woman must be still a challenge
It would appear to me that this is true - but that it is mainly coming from a particular strain of the party's support, a sort of a ultra-social conservative, ultra-nationalist wing that in other countries would be more likely to be part of a hard right party

This wing support Sinn Fein because of nationalism, and I mean nationalism in the toxic, Trump, Le Pen, Brexit, Salvini sense

I don't really think Stanley's tweet falls into this category

There is also a young urban progressive wing of Sinn Fein's support

In the media before the last election it was epitomised by people like Una Mullally, rugby commentator Ryle Nugent even appeared to be a Sinn Fein supporter, it's certainly epitomised by a lot of young party members in colleges and such

This wing could just as easily be in Labour or the Greens or the Social Democrats or even the People Before Profit Alphabet Alliance, indeed it would seem to me that all these parties would be much more natural fits because their primary goal is social justice - wealth redistribution, workers' rights, social housing and the like, and they are very liberal in terms of social issues

This wing has no essential loyalty to Sinn Fein at all and hitched their wagon to them because they saw them as the best hope for some sort of left alternative

There is another wing, a sort of nihilistic anti-establishmentism, an anger wing, a very low information wing, a Dunning Kruger wing - the sort that claims to hate everything about capitalism and hate authoritarianism yet has a big sneaking regard for Putin and wants to smash RTE, thus ushering in an era of ultra-capitalist media - the thicko wing

This wing loves slogans and its politics are filtered almost entirely through such

This wing also flirts with homophobic tweets, because the people who make it up are thick

Stanley seems to flirt with this wing

But, at the same time, I don't think his tweet was homophobic

Rossfan

Some posters very conspicuous by their absence  ;D

Angelo

Hallmarks between Stanley and Corbyn here.

The right wing parties and media combine to slander from as far as politics go a very decent and honourable man.

A few weeks after we get to see how FG work come out in the open RTE and the mainstream media after weeks of neglecting their duties come to life to gaslight Stanley.

FG have so much in common with the DUP, so much toxicity between them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trileacman

Don't know how you can say his tweet wasn't homophobic. He clearly made an allusion to Varadkers sexuality by mentioning his bedroom antics.

To say now he was advocating gay rights in that tweet is a blatant lie. Right up there with Barry Mc Elduff telling he does all his shopping by balancing it on his head. ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

The type that are in Fine Gael today would have been the most vocal critics of republican actions in the War Of Independence  such as the Kilmichael ambush and blame the IRA for the provocation which led to the burning of Cork,  one of many retaliations after Kilmichael.

The Warrenpoint ambush was a well planned military operation which just happened to come off and became one of the classic successsful republican ambushes of all time.  Who assumes to write the one and only definitive  history of modern ireland?

An aside,  is there any explanation for how it comes to pass that Fine Gael and Varadkar  have a loving and supportive bedfellow connection with the ultra right wing political parties of Hungary and Poland in the european parliament, both racist, rabid homophobic/anti LGBT parties?

Rossfan

What do Shinners think of Marylou clamping down on Stanley?
Waiting for instructions or shocked that SF seem to be turning into "West Brit Free Stater Quislings"??