Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 11, 2018, 09:40:18 AM
what has stalford done?
Do you think he really had yo be reminded that it was offensive.
Honestly Guv I had no idea!
He's a fucken Clampet.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
Do all the Meath folk feel shame because Malachi drowned Turgéis in Lough Owel back in the 10th Century?

The Louth lads still haven't forgiven us for taking Donn Cúailnge.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 11, 2018, 06:02:22 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 11, 2018, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
Dunmanway killings were done by the anti treaty IRA for a start.
Secondly they believed they had evidence that many of those killed had been active in anti Volunteer activities and had been informing British soldiers and Auxiliaries of volunteer activities etc.
I am not aware of either Fianna Fáil , founded 1926/7 or Fine Gael, founded 1934 killing civilians deliberately or accidently.

The RIC were armed combatants in a War,
The Gardai were unarmed and we're mown down by Provos who if they were true Republicans would not have been militarily active in the 26 Cos.

You're not aware of FG and FF having gunmen and their dynasties who were leading figures in the IRA being elected members of their party.

I hope you keep engaging with me. Anti-treaty IRA (Fianna Fail) and Pro-treay IRA (Fine Gael) have plenty of blood on their hands, there was no truth and reconciliation for the Irish Civil War which cost hundreds of civilian lives in your state, mindless bloodshed with the combatants holding the highest offices of power in the land - but these killers were ok - it's just the ones up North where your contention lie with?

For once why can't you show us you are genuine and face down your own state's shameless bloody past?

I think that's the part that the likes of Rossfan can't understand. He doesn't understand the loyalty that the majority of Catholics in the North have towards the members of SF. Alot of them men literally laid down their lives trying to secure an equality that we now have. Consider someone like Gerry Kelly or even McGuinness. Both live or lived among the people. The people of the North respect them for two reasons:
1. When there was dirty work to be done and defending to be done they led the line.
2. Even now when there's less dirty work to be done, Gerry Kelly is being driven on top of a landrover as ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE.

Then we have people saying that Bomber is a SF bot. He's not. He's just calling out the hypocrites on their blind eye policy. If Collins and De Valera, had fought with the brit establishment to give up the West instead of the North, I reckon we would have had a completely different outcome, those in the West would be happy to lie down and have everything they stood for denounced. So forgive me or Bomber or anyone else if we don't jump on the ''Bash Barry'' bus. For all you non believers about McElduff, drive to Carrickmore for a Championship game and you will find him there with his luminous green Carmen top on among his people, and the people don't forget that ( as opposed to as was suggested earlier that the people of West Tyrone don't know any better.)

I suggest that you just let it go Bomber, these Free Staters just don't get it.

thats reason enuff to bash Barry for me

HiMucker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 11, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2018, 05:21:12 PM
Funny how they haven't dismissed Frankos post though.  Probably because that's a bit more difficult.

I've waded through approx 10 pages and can't find it. What is it? And Bomber would you stop calling us freestaters.
first post at the top of page 317

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
Do all the Meath folk feel shame because Malachi drowned Turgéis in Lough Owel back in the 10th Century?

so there is a limit on things? When should northern republicans stop feeling shame for Kingsmill or Enniskillen? - I do by the way, neither should have happened

tonto1888

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 11, 2018, 11:04:47 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 10, 2018, 05:21:12 PM
Funny how they haven't dismissed Frankos post though.  Probably because that's a bit more difficult.

I've waded through approx 10 pages and can't find it. What is it? And Bomber would you stop calling us freestaters.

genuine question. Whats wrong with the term free staters? Ive always used it and never meant it as a bad or derogatory term.

seafoid

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 12, 2018, 06:31:20 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 11, 2018, 06:02:22 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 11, 2018, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2018, 05:34:28 PM
Dunmanway killings were done by the anti treaty IRA for a start.
Secondly they believed they had evidence that many of those killed had been active in anti Volunteer activities and had been informing British soldiers and Auxiliaries of volunteer activities etc.
I am not aware of either Fianna Fáil , founded 1926/7 or Fine Gael, founded 1934 killing civilians deliberately or accidently.

The RIC were armed combatants in a War,
The Gardai were unarmed and we're mown down by Provos who if they were true Republicans would not have been militarily active in the 26 Cos.

You're not aware of FG and FF having gunmen and their dynasties who were leading figures in the IRA being elected members of their party.

I hope you keep engaging with me. Anti-treaty IRA (Fianna Fail) and Pro-treay IRA (Fine Gael) have plenty of blood on their hands, there was no truth and reconciliation for the Irish Civil War which cost hundreds of civilian lives in your state, mindless bloodshed with the combatants holding the highest offices of power in the land - but these killers were ok - it's just the ones up North where your contention lie with?

For once why can't you show us you are genuine and face down your own state's shameless bloody past?

I think that's the part that the likes of Rossfan can't understand. He doesn't understand the loyalty that the majority of Catholics in the North have towards the members of SF. Alot of them men literally laid down their lives trying to secure an equality that we now have. Consider someone like Gerry Kelly or even McGuinness. Both live or lived among the people. The people of the North respect them for two reasons:
1. When there was dirty work to be done and defending to be done they led the line.
2. Even now when there's less dirty work to be done, Gerry Kelly is being driven on top of a landrover as ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE.

Then we have people saying that Bomber is a SF bot. He's not. He's just calling out the hypocrites on their blind eye policy. If Collins and De Valera, had fought with the brit establishment to give up the West instead of the North, I reckon we would have had a completely different outcome, those in the West would be happy to lie down and have everything they stood for denounced. So forgive me or Bomber or anyone else if we don't jump on the ''Bash Barry'' bus. For all you non believers about McElduff, drive to Carrickmore for a Championship game and you will find him there with his luminous green Carmen top on among his people, and the people don't forget that ( as opposed to as was suggested earlier that the people of West Tyrone don't know any better.)

I suggest that you just let it go Bomber, these Free Staters just don't get it.

thats reason enuff to bash Barry for me
He is not a bot.  He is an ideologue. 
So there is no point in debating anything because there is no engagement.

Itchy

Time to bail out of this ridiculous thread. As a SF voter (up until now at least) I have to say I am disgusted with the behaviour on here of bomber and others. His generalised attacks on everyone south of the border is insulting. His whataboutery is pathetic. I'm out if here.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 12, 2018, 10:02:55 AM
Time to bail out of this ridiculous thread. As a SF voter (up until now at least) I have to say I am disgusted with the behaviour on here of bomber and others. His generalised attacks on everyone south of the border is insulting. His whataboutery is pathetic. I'm out if here.

Whataboutery is important in terms of balance, when those who are continually lining up to have potshots have been shown to feign ignorance when the establishment parties of their own state are up to their necks in it.

I can't help you if you don't want to see the bigger picture.

On here, the FG and FF threads are left with tumbleweed rolling through them when the last scandal of their murky past arises. Yet the usual Free Staters are queuing up when a bit of controversy arises on SF. I'll ask it again, why is that? I'd say I've asked it a good 20 times now and still no answer.

The list of shame of FG and FF is deep, it's murky and it's fit for outrage but the only interest from free staters seems to be what happens across the border.

The fact that you guys seem to get so offended at me pointing out that you have massive skeletons in your closet that you should address before pontificating about the northern conflict seems to offend for a very bizarre reason. The Free Staters in this thread have behaved like ostriches, I am very fair minded when it comes to these things. I will criticise the IRA and republicans over certain acts and atrocities and indeed how they handled certain situations but I will also judge them on the merits that they were abandoned on all sides in a sectarian statelet and were left with little option but to arm themselves and fight back and we know from every conflict that has happened the world over, bad things are an inevitability.

I think it is about time, the Irish Free State apologised to Norhtern nationalists for close 100 years of abandonment, smear and misrepresentation but you guys, to any sane person's disbelief, seem to think your state did no wrong.

Rossfan

The Irish Free State was abolished 80 years ago.
Do keep up😆😆😆
Well said above Itchy.

Meanwhile when does Marylou get officially crowned?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 12, 2018, 10:13:42 AM

Whataboutery is important in terms of balance, when those who are continually lining up to have potshots have been shown to feign ignorance when the establishment parties of their own state are up to their necks in it.

On here, the FG and FF threads are left with tumbleweed rolling through them when the last scandal of their murky past arises. Yet the usual Free Staters are queuing up when a bit of controversy arises on SF. I'll ask it again, why is that? I'd say I've asked it a good 20 times now and still no answer.

The list of shame of FG and FF is deep, it's murky and it's fit for outrage but the only interest from free staters seems to be what happens across the border.

The fact that you guys seem to get so offended at me pointing out that you have massive skeletons in your closet that you should address before pontificating about the northern conflict seems to offend for a very bizarre reason. The Free Staters in this thread have behaved like ostriches, I am very fair minded when it comes to these things. I will criticise the IRA and republicans over certain acts and atrocities and indeed how they handled certain situations but I will also judge them on the merits that they were abandoned on all sides in a sectarian statelet and were left with little option but to arm themselves and fight back and we know from every conflict that has happened the world over, bad things are an inevitability.

I think it is about time, the Irish Free State apologised to Norhtern nationalists for close 100 years of abandonment, smear and misrepresentation but you guys, to any sane person's disbelief, seem to think your state did no wrong.
There is no balance between SF''s situation and FF's.
SF has not dealt coherently with the past. It tried to PR its way out of the bread crisis this week and lost.
The families of the victims won. How will SF move forward ?  How can it sanitise the past?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 12, 2018, 10:51:24 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 12, 2018, 10:13:42 AM

There is no balance between SF''s situation and FF's.
SF has not dealt coherently with the past. It tried to PR its way out of the bread crisis this week and lost.
The families of the victims won. How will SF move forward ?  How can it sanitise the past?

I must have missed the truth and reconciliation after the Irish Civil War. When did that take place?

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
Do keep up😆😆😆
Well said above Itchy.

and that's your issue with being called a free stater?
when can Northern republicans stop feeling shame? What is the time limit? Or does shame only apply to Northern republicans?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 12, 2018, 11:52:46 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
Do keep up😆😆😆
Well said above Itchy.

and that's your issue with being called a free stater?
when can Northern republicans stop feeling shame? What is the time limit? Or does shame only apply to Northern republicans?

I think his issues about being called a free stater is the connotations it brings up about the way his state callously abandoned their northern brethren in their hour of need and left them to fend for themselves. The rest is history as they say and the free staters have now decided that history only starts from the 1970s so they can moralise and pontificate to northern nationalists about armed republicanism and relieve themselves somewhat of that shame.