Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: Tubberman on December 23, 2015, 03:58:28 PM
Will go down well the public for a week or two. That's hardly going to result in a budget surplus though!
A few hundred grand is meaningless in the overall economy.

A few hundred grand is meaningless is it? This is the sort of attitude that leads to mismanagement in the public sector.
E-voting machines - they don't work. ah sure it's only 30 million down the pan...

No wonder. I hope you don't work in a government department.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

ashman

They won't cut TD  wages as their AIW policy is a selling point.

TD salaries are not excessive if they were doing mostly work as legislators and parliamentarians .  That said 100 would be enough .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tubberman on December 23, 2015, 03:58:28 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 02:57:11 PM
Quote from: ashman on December 23, 2015, 10:12:26 AM
Quote from: Ulick on December 22, 2015, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 22, 2015, 01:17:50 PM
My opinion and that of anyone I've spoken to about it this week.

We all have opinions. However if you want to look at the evidence, they got 10% in the last election in the south, 6% in the election before that and will probably get 15-16% in the next election. That decent growth is happening all around the country in area where SF have no real foundations or presence while constantly under attack from what passes as MSM in the south. Those aren't opinions they're the facts of SF progression in the south under Adams. They point to him doing a good job and there's no evidence that I can see of them doing better under anyone else. For example, how would Pearse or Mary Lou taking over affect the Party support in the north or have you factored that into your considerations?

SF will be fine in the next election and will double their seats I think.

They want to beat Ff and effectively lead the opposition.  That is fine and dandy.  Then what ?? More populist promises and maybe government . 

Then what ???  Then they will realise you will have to call in the promises .  This means the next election will be carnage .

Maybe they will enforce change. Maybe the first thing they will do if they got into power is to drastically reduce the salaries and expenses of TDs and cap what they can earn and claim.

Will go down well the public for a week or two. That's hardly going to result in a budget surplus though!
A few hundred grand is meaningless in the overall economy.
Maybe the change they will enforce will be to disband the special criminal court? Then perhaps give special status to 'volunteers' so they can't be prosecuted for any misdemeanour's due to their service history?

Leaders lead by example and the first place they should look to reform is TDs and their extortionate salaries and expenses. Irish TDs are some of the highest paid politicians in the world and earn more than their equivalents from the biggest economies in the world. It's something they refuse to tackle.

Maybe the Blueshirts will come out and aplogise for Ballyseedy? Maybe Fianna Fail will come out and apologise for their brutal executions of Republicans?

To my mind you can portray those 'volunteers' whatever way you want, but they were willing to risk their lives, be it in prison, in a coffin or on the run for reform in the society they believe badly necessitated reform. The TDs from the big parties are the most cynical greedy and immoral people in the country. Could you imagine asking that vile, heinous simpleton Kenny to give something up for what he believed to be the good of society?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ashman on December 23, 2015, 04:55:08 PM

TD salaries are not excessive if they were doing mostly work as legislators and parliamentarians .  That said 100 would be enough .

Sizeably cutting TD salaries and capping them is a far bigger selling point that taking the average industrial wage. TD salaries are excessive, they are higher paid than their equivalents in the biggest economies in the world, not to mention the fiddling with expenses.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 02:40:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 23, 2015, 11:56:00 AM
For how long should work done for the peace process give someone a free pass?

Seems Slabeen got one until the raid on Ballybinaby in 2006.

Who do you vote for?
None of your effn business. We have secret ballot here.

Too scared of the contradictions it opens you up to?

Not man enough to apply your standards across the board?

That's what I think.

ashman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 08:02:38 PM

Sizeably cutting TD salaries and capping them is a far bigger selling point that taking the average industrial wage. TD salaries are excessive, they are higher paid than their equivalents in the biggest economies in the world, not to mention the fiddling with expenses.

TD salaries are ok but there is too many TD s .  100 is enough but the AIW is a an SF badge of honour.

SF are a political industrial complex .  They like any populist party like FF , Labour etc will be found out in due course. 

foxcommander

Quote from: ashman on December 23, 2015, 08:33:59 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 08:02:38 PM

TD salaries are ok but there is too many TD s .  100 is enough but the AIW is a an SF badge of honour.

SF are a political industrial complex .  They like any populist party like FF , Labour etc will be found out in due course.

I remember a certain FG party making crazy promises in a 5 point plan before the last election...then there was the "contract" Enda made. Not to mention this cracker of a quote.

Excerpts from Dáil Debate, Wednesday 2nd February 1994

Mr Enda Kenny TD

"It is morally unjust and unfair to tax a person's home, and by so doing grind him into the ground. Indeed in cases it could probably be unconstitutional"
"It reminds me of a vampire tax in that it drives a stake through the heart of home ownership, through enthusiasm and initiative, and sucks the life blood of people who want to own their own home and better their position"
"If the Government fail to appreciate the passion with which people will defend their rights to own their home and have it looking as well as it should, it is making a serious mistake"

Found out but you will still vote him as Taoiseach.

armaghniac

Quote from: foxcommander on December 23, 2015, 09:08:26 PM

Kenny is a bollix to be sure, but who else never changes their policies over a 20 year period, SF?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Owenmoresider

Quote from: armaghniac on December 23, 2015, 09:38:29 PM

Kenny is a bollix to be sure, but who else never changes their policies over a 20 year period, SF?
Changed their tune over the years alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs

armaghniac

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 23, 2015, 09:43:09 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 23, 2015, 09:38:29 PM

Changed their tune over the years alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzvpMlHuIrs

While it is very necessary to identify political hypocrisy, if politicians stop talking bollix and move towards sense, be it Kenny on the Property tax or McGuinness on the future of Ireland, then there is no point in demanding that they go back to bollix for consistency.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 23, 2015, 02:40:29 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on December 23, 2015, 11:56:00 AM
For how long should work done for the peace process give someone a free pass?

Seems Slabeen got one until the raid on Ballybinaby in 2006.

Who do you vote for?
None of your effn business. We have secret ballot here.

Too scared of the contradictions it opens you up to?

Not man enough to apply your standards across the board?

That's what I think.

What indecipherable nonsensical babble you come out with.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

It's like Christmas advertising.

People will say SF have gone too far this time. They'll never recover from this.

They always come out smelling of roses in terms of support.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 23, 2015, 11:36:37 PM

What indecipherable nonsensical babble you come out with.

This coming from someone who can't even think for themselves. The ultimate hypocrite!
I wonder what colour shirt his mammy is buying him for xmas. I'd nearly hazard a guess...