Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 17, 2014, 09:14:11 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 17, 2014, 01:54:52 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 01:34:49 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 16, 2014, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 16, 2014, 08:22:48 AM
Dixie, no harm you keep quoting the Dolours Price allegations as if they're proof of Gerry being involved. Had it been the other way about you would be clamering for evidence. You can't have it both ways.

The point I am making is simple.

Woman says Gerry was involved in murders. Gerry says he can't afford to go to court.

Woman says Gerry spoke to a policeman. Gerry hires in the worlds top libel lawyer.

And my point is that your point is nonsense. AQMP has already explained why.

I'll ask a simple question, Do you believe every allegation you hear about anyone if that person doesn't challenge it in Court?

No I don't believe any allegation that I hear about anyone, but usually, as a general rule of thumb, if I read allegations of a high profile person been involved in murders in reputable newspapers, then I want to see what becomes of it. Wouldn't you have the same curiosity?

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I have generally found that anyone accused of a serious crime in a reputable newspaper usually challenges the newspaper or the person making those claims in a legal manner.

2 weeks RTE had to apologise to Gerry Adams in relation to a complaint he made as in relation to a failure on their behalf to use the word "allegedly" in a news report relating to the DPP seeking a review of a decision not to prosecute Gerry for withholding evidence about his brother, Liam.

This was their apology:

On the 7th of October, Drivetime broadcast an inaccurate report which was repeated on a number of news bulletins during the programme in relation to Mr Gerry Adams TD.

This report incorrectly stated that the Northern Ireland Director of Public Prosecutions had asked for a review of the decision not to prosecute the Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams for withholding evidence about his brother.

The reports should have stated that the Northern Ireland Director of Public Prosecutions had asked for a review of the decision not to prosecute the Sinn Féin leader for allegedly withholding evidence about his brother.

RTE apologises to Gerry Adams for this error.

Now, i'm sure you have read the full transcript of Gerry's cross examination......

Then, this week Gerry hires the worlds leading libel lawyer to go after the Independent Newspaper group because they reported on the Police Ombusman investigating a claim by his sister in law, Liams wife, that Gerry was briefed in a public meeting by a policeman on Liams case prior to him giving evidence against his brother.

Now, considering the above examples of how Gerry went after RTE because they left out the word "alledged" in an article, and had to issue a public apology, and how he has hired the worlds leading libel lawyer to challenge the claim printed in 2 major newspapers by his sister in law that he was de briefed by a police man on his brothers rape trial, a claim that is been investigated by the police Ombusman, doesn't it strike you as odd that he didn't go after the Irish News, The Sunday Life, or the Telegraph when they printed claims by Dolours Price that he was involved in the execution of Jean McConville and others, claiming he couldn't afford the costs to prove those claims were false?

After all, he got RTE to apologise for leaving out the word "Allegedly" in their report, and if you were to have read Gerrys testimony in the link I posted earlier, you can understand how RTE made the simple error.
Dixie give it up ffs. Like I keep asking and like you keep not answering, why the fcuk should you or he get the knickers in a twist over Delours Price making unsubstantiated allegations about his activities during the conflict over anybody else doing the exact same? She was just yet another person in the queue with A: a grudge against Gerry; B: An allegation to throw up at him; and C: no evidence to substantiate their claims. Perhaps he had the sense to know he'd never be out of courtrooms if he set a precedence of taking action against them all. And perhaps he knew that one day he'd make himself available for questioning and/or be arrested over his past and knew that he would walk out a free man and that his decision not to run to court to take action against every tom, dick, harry or Delours would be vindicated by his walking out a free, innocent man on his own terms. And again, why your obsession with Delours' unsubstantiated allegations over any one of the countless others you could pull out of the air?

nally when compulsive liars like McIntyre,Dixie and their ilk get caught out they just keep digging hoping they can lie their way out of it.They have been found out for what they are and the only people who believe them now  are those with a similar hatred for the Shinners.It is better to ignore them.

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 16, 2014, 07:31:06 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 16, 2014, 12:14:55 AM
Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2014, 10:18:56 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 15, 2014, 04:30:34 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2014, 04:10:47 PM
Some people need to be very careful about spreading lies.

Says the man who has spent months spreading lies........

Takes one to know one. ;)

Glens, now that you have finally admitted to been a liar, can you please explain to me what you claim to know about my brother in laws when you claimed the following:

"You keep an eye on the brother in laws with the money down your part of the world Dixie."

"now tell us what causes the brother in laws are involved in."

These are fairly serious allegations Glens, and i'm sure they are against the ethos and rules of the GAA Board.

Now would you care to explain what you mean?

Again selective reading,I didn't say your brother in laws I said the Brother in laws and don't pretend you don't know about who I am referring.

Glens, can I respectfully ask you once again to explain what you mean in relation to "The brothers in law".

Given the snide and condescending manner in which you brought it up in 2 separate posts, there has to be some meaning to it, and it's relation to me?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Gaffer

Yes. I'm from the same neck of the woods as Dixie.

I'm wondering who these brothers in law are as well

Are you going to tell us Glens?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 17, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
Did the Ombudsman not say the informer claims were without foundation?
And? So are the claims about Gerry Adams. And after four days of questioning there was still no foundation to the allegations. This is about what people choose to believe Maguire. If the ombudsman was so definitive that Brendan Hughes was' claim she was killed for being an informer was untrue, then why are people blindly taking his word on the "Adams did it" part of of his claims? Is it cos it's just what they'd like to believe and nothing more, perhaps?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2014, 11:25:10 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 17, 2014, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 17, 2014, 10:09:36 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on May 17, 2014, 09:50:38 AM
I think you should give this up Nally

Dixie is running rings round you with reason and logic.

You sure?  Cos last time I checked,  Adams was an innocent man!

Another opinion poll this time on whether voters think Gerry is innocent or not - half reckon he's not innocent.

Indo.

NEARLY half of voters believe Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams was involved in the murder of mother-of-ten Jean McConville, an Irish Independent/Millward Brown opinion poll reveals.

In a damning finding for Mr Adams, the poll shows that less than a quarter of voters believe him when he says that he had no role in the IRA's abduction and murder of Mrs McConville, a widow from Belfast.

Mad poll. 100% don't know.

25% do know, but won't say. These votes count.
35% also know but their votes were discounted because they were 'discredited'.
50% don't know but are obviously Nazis and thus wouldn't count, even if they did know.
45% think they know but the first 25%, who won't say anything, count far more so these votes are discounted.
80% don't want to know, but actually do know deep down. But these votes are also 'discredited'.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

These voters are anti democracy. Their votes should be taken off them and given to democrats.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 09, 2014, 07:17:26 AM
Nail on the head there. The Shinners missed a huge chance - they only had to shut the fcuk up for 3 or 4 days and wait until their leader was released and their journey from the political wilderness to mainstream political party would've been complete. Instead, Marty threw a tantrum and set them back about 20 years.

Good man yourself Myles. Top drawer political analysis from you as always!

EU Poll: Sinn Fein to top the poll in Dublin - first survey since Gerry Adams arrest points to rise in party support

Poll suggests SF & Independents' support has increased since 2009 local elections
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

orangeman

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 17, 2014, 11:06:17 PM
Nail on the head there. The Shinners missed a huge chance - they only had to shut the fcuk up for 3 or 4 days and wait until their leader was released and their journey from the political wilderness to mainstream political party would've been complete. Instead, Marty threw a tantrum and set them back about 20 years.

EU Poll: Sinn Fein to top the poll in Dublin - first survey since Gerry Adams arrest points to rise in party support

Poll suggests SF & Independents' support has increased since 2009 local elections

Job done. Mission accomplished. It's just hard to believe so many people fell for it. A master stroke.

give her dixie

Does anyone know much about Martin Morris, and who he might be a brother in law off? What exactly was he arrested for in London originally? How did he then end up in a courtroom in Belfast? And why did the crown prosecution offer no evidence?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27027645

Was the release of Marty linked to the dropping of charges against Paudric Wilson, Seamus Finnucane, Briedge Wright, and Maura McCrory? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27329339

What were these alledged meeting about? Also, what are the nature of the charges against Marty Morris, and why is he facing them outside of Ireland?

Can anyone shed any light on the curious case of Marty Morris?

give her dixie

I did a bit of digging there, and I found this very interesting article............

17 January 2010

The late Joe Cahill, a founding Provisional, was so shocked by the abuse a female relative claims she suffered he said she should have gone to the RUC. Suzanne Breen hears her story

The PIRAwomen ordered the teenager to go into the room to face the man she'd said had repeatedly raped her. "They said they would read the body language between us to determine who was telling the truth," says ****** Cahill, who doesn't want to reveal her first name."I was only 18. M, the man who raped me, was nearly 40 and a prominent west Belfast PIRA member. The PIRA women drove me to the flat in Kenard Avenue in Andersonstown. And then Seamie Finucane, the Belfast Brigade adjutant, walked in with M. I felt physically sick when I saw M."Seamie sat down on the living room floor, took off his trainers and joked about having smelly feet. It was surreal. This was meant to be a serious investigation into sexual abuse.

"M was handed the statement outlining the allegations I'd made. He said I was lying. 'You're a sick bastard claiming I did this to you,' he shouted. I yelled back that I was telling the truth. Seamie Finucane asked me to withdraw my statement but I wouldn't. I said I wasn't leaving the house until M admitted what he'd done. The Provisional IRA ended the meeting."

It's 10 years since that night in Andersonstown and Cahill sits in her own flat in west Belfast. She's an attractive, intelligent and confident young woman who now holds a good job in the criminal justice system.

Yet it takes her five hours, interspersed with countless tea breaks, because she becomes so emotional, to tell the story of how M raped her dozens of time when she was 16 and how the Provisional IRA and Provisional Sinn Féin engaged in a massive cover-up.

Speaking out isn't easy, she says, because loyalty to the movement is ingrained in her.

In republican terms, her family is royalty. She's a grand-niece of Joe Cahill, a Provisional IRA founder and former chief-of-staff who died six years ago. His photograph has pride of place in her house. She produces the copy of his biography that he gave her. "To cheeky face, my favourite niece, love Uncle Joe," he wrote inside.

She was Ógra Provisional Sinn Féin national secretary when the abuse began in the summer of 1997. She was working for the west Belfast festival radio station. M, an ex-IRA prisoner and leading member of the Provisionals' punishment squad in the Upper Springfield, was one of many republicans in the station.

Somewhere to stay

Danny Morrison, Jake Jackson, and Eoin O'Broin were all involved in the festival radio station. Caitriona Ruane was the festival director and Gerry Adams sat on its management committee. "My parents were on holiday in Donegal so I needed somewhere to stay that summer. M suggested I stay in Ballymurphy with him and his wife who was a relative," Cahill says.

"He told my parents he'd look after me. He talked politics with me and I was delighted not to be treated like a child. One night in the house, he was drinking tins of Harp and he offered me one. 'You're a big girl not a child,' he said.

"I hadn't drunk before that but I took a few tins. His wife went to bed. I fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up to find he'd unzipped my black trousers and pulled them and my knickers down. His fingers were inside me. I should have screamed but I didn't.

"I kept thinking his wife was upstairs and of the embarrassment this would cause in our family. I pretended to still be asleep. I was a virgin so what he was doing hurt me. He masturbated over me and rubbed it on my stomach. When I went to the bathroom later, I was bleeding."

M raped Cahill dozens of times after that. It always began when she was sleeping. "Every time, I pretended to continue sleeping. I know that was the wrong thing to do. But I was frightened because of his position in the Provisional IRA and I didn't want to cause pain to my family. When I didn't speak out the first time, it set a pattern which I now deeply regret – but I was only 16 then."

Worried

Cahill started rapidly losing weight: "I looked like something out of the famine." She confided in her cousin Siobhan O'Hanlon, Gerry Adams' secretary: "I told Siobhan that M was raping me and I was worried I could be pregnant."

She wasn't pregnant, and the rape stopped when she returned to live with her parents.

In 1998, Cahill told a north Belfast PIRA woman. Later, she told a female Sinn Féin Belfast politician whose name is known to the Sunday Tribune.

That woman officially informed the Provisional IRA. In September 1999, a west Belfast PIRA woman – whose name is known to the Sunday Tribune – instructed Cahill to attend a meeting that night. "I was told to stand outside Xtravision on the Andersonstown Road. A car pulled up and I was driven to the flat in Kenard Avenue.

"Seamie Finucane walked in. I was terrified. The PIRA woman said: 'We're here because you've made allegations about M. We can't have these allegations circulating about a volunteer so we're investigating them.'"

Five months into the Provisional IRA 'investigation' Cahill was brought into the Andersonstown flat to face M. Several weeks later, the PIRA brought Cahill and a male relative to a meeting. They said they'd closed their investigation and it was up to her family to deal with the case. It was the first time any family member had heard she'd been raped. "I burst into tears and my relative hugged me."

In July 2000, five months after the Provisional IRA had closed its 'investigation', two of Cahill's cousins – then aged 17 and 14 – came forward and said M had sexually abused them two years earlier. People had seen M lifting one of the girls drunk from a social club into a taxi. Neighbours had then watched him carry her from a taxi into his home. The PIRA reopened the investigation. "I told them I wanted nothing to do with it," Cahill says. "I wanted to go to the Rape Crisis Centre. I said I needed professional help."

The Provisional IRA said M was under 'house arrest' in Ardoyne. Days later, Cahill was told he had 'escaped'. Now she confided in her Uncle Joe (80) whom she had wanted to protect from hearing she'd been raped. "He said, 'If I'd known I'd have told you to go to the RUC. There has been a f**k up of the highest order in the movement.'"

The word in Belfast was that the Provisional IRA had spirited M away to Donegal. "I don't believe he escaped," Cahill says. "The PIRA facilitated him leaving. I never wanted M killed. I wanted him tied to railings in Ballymurphy with a placard around his neck saying he was a rapist."

She then had many heated meetings with the PIRA and with Provisional Sinn Féin president, Gerry Adams. One IRA meeting at a flat in Andersonstown's Glassmullan Gardens was attended by Padraig Wilson, the IRA's go-between with the international decommissioning commission.

"He apologised on behalf of the army council that M had 'escaped'. I told him I wanted M brought back to Belfast. Padraig said the PIRA didn't have the resources for that. I said it was only a two-hour drive from Belfast to Donegal, and the PIRA had people in Donegal anyway that could go to the bed-and-breakfast M was staying in and fetch him.

"Padraig said: 'Do you think we should be running around after you?' I started crying. I said it wasn't just about me. M shouldn't have been allowed to go somewhere else he'd have access to kids."

Getting nowhere

After equally non-constructive meetings with Gerry Adams, Cahill stopped them, feeling "it was pointless, I was getting nowhere". She'd continued in Provisional Sinn Féin, addressing the 1999 anti-internment rally in Belfast and working for the party at Stormont. She remained a member until 2001 but grew increasingly disillusioned about how she'd been treated.

Even so, she wrote an article for An Phoblacht about her uncle Joe after he died. Inside, she was falling to pieces. She was on anti-depressants and sleeping tablets for nine years after she was raped. In 2006, she was admitted to the Royal Victoria Hospital after trying to kill herself.

Gerry Adams asked to meet her on release. "The first thing he said was, 'Are you still writing?' I lost my temper at his casual tone. I told him I'd been treated disgracefully and never once had the republican movement told me to go to the police or social services. I asked him to guarantee that no one abused would ever again be treated that way."

Later that year, M was spotted in the bar of Letterkenny's Clanree hotel. One of the two other children he abused had seen him in Letterkenny. Infuriated, their mother visited Gerry Adams. Cahill says: "She told me that Gerry replied, 'What do you want me to do, bar him from every bar in Ireland?'"

Cahill remains a republican but regrets that "a few powerful individuals put the preservation of the movement and their own position above the safety of children".

http://fiannaiochta.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/grand-niece-of-provo-legend-endured-horrific-sexual-abuse/

give her dixie

Another article where we learn what Marty Morris was charged with.

4 counts of rape, 4 counts of indecent assualt on a child, 3 of gross indecency to a child, and 2 counts of gross indecency to a female.

The big question we need to ask, is why did the Crown Prosecution drop the charges?

give her dixie

Quote from: glens abu on May 17, 2014, 05:22:08 PM
nally when compulsive liars like McIntyre,Dixie and their ilk get caught out they just keep digging hoping they can lie their way out of it.They have been found out for what they are and the only people who believe them now  are those with a similar hatred for the Shinners.It is better to ignore them.

Myles Na G.

The 2nd of those polls has 'don't knows' running at 25%, so I wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Both polls seem to have a 26 county focus too. Let's face it, if SF can't improve their vote in a state which has been living with austerity budgets for several years, there's something wrong. Let's see how they do in the north. I still think that Marty, Mary lou and Bobby Storey have between them scuppered their party's chances of increasing their vote up here.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 18, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

The 2nd of those polls has 'don't knows' running at 25%, so I wouldn't get too carried away just yet. Both polls seem to have a 26 county focus too. Let's face it, if SF can't improve their vote in a state which has been living with austerity budgets for several years, there's something wrong. Let's see how they do in the north. I still think that Marty, Mary lou and Bobby Storey have between them scuppered their party's chances of increasing their vote up here.
Right!  So a 25% unknown rate and both polls only taking place in the 26 counties but still showing SF gains will mean SF are going to go back to 1994 levels of support? You crack me up!  ;D

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 18, 2014, 12:48:52 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 18, 2014, 12:16:41 PM

Right!  So a 25% unknown rate and both polls only taking place in the 26 counties but still showing SF gains will mean SF are going to go back to 1994 levels of support? You crack me up!  ;D
Polls aren't election results. Wait and see.