Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: glens abu on March 05, 2014, 09:43:29 AM
Hard to know on this one,can understand why the Shinners reacted the way they did but maybe if she had been ignored  she would have went away although I doubt it going on her past performances.Thinks its a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont.
Actually not hard to know.. Firstly the council is a workplace they are in receipt of wages. The wearing of this item falls under legislation concerning flags and emblems.
I know lads who couldnt wear tyrone stuff in powerscreen even though at that time the company were the county sponsors
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

glens abu

Quote from: lawnseed on March 05, 2014, 10:48:23 AM
Hard to know on this one,can understand why the Shinners reacted the way they did but maybe if she had been ignored  she would have went away although I doubt it going on her past performances.Thinks its a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont.
Actually not hard to know.. Firstly the council is a workplace they are in receipt of wages. The wearing of this item falls under legislation concerning flags and emblems.
I know lads who couldnt wear tyrone stuff in powerscreen even though at that time the company were the county sponsors

Oh I agree that it shouldn't have been worn,just wonder it she had been ignored on the night and it dealt with at a later date.

lawnseed

Quote from: glens abu on March 05, 2014, 10:51:33 AM

Oh I agree that it shouldn't have been worn,just wonder it she had been ignored on the night and it dealt with at a later date.
Theres always "the castlederg manuvre" the shinners arrive the next time with o neills jerseys ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tubberman

Quote from: lawnseed on March 05, 2014, 11:07:10 AM

Theres always "the castlederg manuvre" the shinners arrive the next time with o neills jerseys ;)

Good man! That'll show them! The world will watch in admiration
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

LeoMc

Quote from: lawnseed on March 05, 2014, 11:07:10 AM

Did they not already try something similar in Derry with Celtic tops?

deiseach

Quote from: LeoMc on March 05, 2014, 12:45:56 PM
Did they not already try something similar in Derry with Celtic tops?

<insert 'No To Foreign Games' image here>

LeoMc

That would have been the correct approach. Jim didn't need to make it an issue on the night, just a quiet complaint to the appropriate standards / equality committee. Deprive her of the oxygen of publicity.
(nearly ended that last sentence after 5 words)

johnneycool

Quote from: LeoMc on March 05, 2014, 12:50:15 PM

That would have been the correct approach. Jim didn't need to make it an issue on the night, just a quiet complaint to the appropriate standards / equality committee. Deprive her of the oxygen of publicity.

My point exactly.

Play the game smarter, if Ruth is outmaneuvering you, then you need to have a word with yourself.

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on March 05, 2014, 12:55:14 PM
Play the game smarter, if Ruth is outmaneuvering you, then you need to have a word with yourself.

Ouch!

Applesisapples

Shinners don't seem to have anyone smart in leadership positions at the moment below McGuinness. Alex Maskey had his ass handed to him time and time again on spotlight last night. He couldn't even point out the obvious and let Big Dollie beat the crap out of him.

trueblue1234

Quote from: LeoMc on March 05, 2014, 12:50:15 PM

But why should he do that? It should have been dealt with at the time by the meeting chair (As in asking her to remove it). What good is a quiet complaint after the event. Put the spot light on her behaviour. I'm no massive fan of Jim McVeigh but he was well justified in making the complaint. I personally don't believe he was outmaneuvering by anyone. Every attempt at petty oneman-upship like this from either side should be highlighted and condemned, otherwise it doesn't change. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

orangeman

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 05, 2014, 01:19:00 PM
Shinners don't seem to have anyone smart in leadership positions at the moment below McGuinness. Alex Maskey had his ass handed to him time and time again on spotlight last night. He couldn't even point out the obvious and let Big Dollie beat the crap out of him.

To be fair he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing here but yes, he did get a serious kicking alright.

Minder

Quote from: orangeman on March 05, 2014, 01:41:41 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 05, 2014, 01:19:00 PM

To be fair he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing here but yes, he did get a serious kicking alright.

In fairness to Alex Maskey, and to a lesser extent Gerry Kelly, he s always sent out to bat in just about every TV appearance when a SF rep is needed. Is nobody else allowed to speak ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Capture this moment. I'm agreeing with glens abu. And on the SF thread!

I also wonder how this incident would have panned out in O'Mulleoir had been in the Chair at the time.

Maguire01

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 05, 2014, 01:40:46 PM
What good is a quiet complaint after the event. Put the spot light on her behaviour.
That's exactly what she wants. And what she got.