Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: glens abu on January 09, 2014, 05:12:39 PM
Even better news is that 29% of young people between 18-36 say they would give SF 1st preference,the highest of all the parties. ;D ;D

35% of young people between 18-36 say they would vote for a 2 day week.  :P
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

glens abu

Quote from: give her dixie on January 09, 2014, 10:49:02 PM
SINN FEIN COUNCILLOR REFERS TO VICTIMS OF SUICIDE AS 'DEATH WANTERS.'

http://thepensivequill.am/2014/01/sinn-fein-councillor-refers-to-victims.html

if this is true I have no doubt he will be dealt with within the party as SF work very hard with groups involved in suicide awareness,but to quote something from a paper edited by a man who got Ex-republican prisoners to inform on their former comrades and was involved with the gangster McFeely in the Priory Hall project I would take with a pinch of salt.Sinking pretty low now Dixie.

EC Unique

Is Gerry Kelly on the Policing Board? Did he put some 'extra' work into this area?

lawnseed

Looking like mary lou for new leader. Her high profile on the public accounts committee is doing her no harm
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on January 27, 2014, 10:58:00 AM
Looking like mary lou for new leader. Her high profile on the public accounts committee is doing her no harm

She has to be less respected than Gerry in the Republic and that is saying something.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on January 27, 2014, 11:04:35 AM

She has to be less respected than Gerry in the Republic and that is saying something.
How come? What did she do on ya?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

EC Unique

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2014, 06:21:28 PM
Is Gerry Kelly on the Policing Board? Did he put some 'extra' work into this area?

Is the rumour not allowed to be discussed on here?

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on January 27, 2014, 12:39:40 PM

It is an old one, not relevant for much longer.

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on January 27, 2014, 12:40:57 PM

Ah! I only heard it last week.

Nally Stand

Quote from: LeoMc on January 27, 2014, 12:40:57 PM

Heard it a while back lol
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lar Naparka

Believe it or not, you are probably right!
I'm very surprised at the number of people who think she's doing a fine job and her stint on the PAC is doing her no harm at all.
Gerry, being Gerry, will only appeal to the nationalist section of the community and his views on health, employment and other policy issues are largely disregarded. Besides that, many people down here can't cope with his accent. Maybe all people in West Belfast talk like he does but this isn't West Belfast and Gerry isn't getting his point across. That's when he has a point to make as he spend too much time trading insults with Kenny in the Dail.
Mary Lou has no historical baggage, speaks in a language we all understand and is coming across very ell brief at the PAC hearings.
I don't imagine that everyone who is impressed by her recent form will vote SF in future elections because of this but she sure is making more friends than Gerry is or ever will do.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Nally Stand

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 27, 2014, 01:51:48 PM
Besides that, many people down here can't cope with his accent.
Many people "down there" would need to get their priorities straight. His accent! FFS!

Personally, I never warmed to Mary Lou much but she is highly capable all the same. Though in saying that, under Adams' leadership, SF has trebled it's support in one term, he's topped the poll in his constituency and despite a good eight weeks of Adams bashing in the media in their campaign to oust him, the very next poll in it's aftermath showed the party as being the only one to increase support and showed a slight increase in his own personal support. Long may he stick around.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 27, 2014, 02:34:44 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 27, 2014, 01:51:48 PM
Besides that, many people down here can't cope with his accent.
Many people "down there" would need to get their priorities straight. His accent! FFS!

Personally, I never warmed to Mary Lou much but she is highly capable all the same. Though in saying that, under Adams' leadership, SF has trebled it's support in one term, he's topped the poll in his constituency and despite a good eight weeks of Adams bashing in the media in their campaign to oust him, the very next poll in it's aftermath showed the party as being the only one to increase support and showed a slight increase in his own personal support. Long may he stick around.

He may still be put on a pedestal in the north, but he's one of SFs main weaknesses in the Dáil. He has very little appeal imo, whether it be personality, policy or integrity.
Mary Lou and Pearse Doherty (who seems to have disappeared over the past few months) seem to be far more capable and have a much higher 'strike rate' in the Dáil. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on January 27, 2014, 02:39:38 PM
He may still be put on a pedestal in the north,
Poll-topper in Louth and a routinely high approval rating in polls so you can't argue with results. Also described by Fr Alec Reid, ("chaplain to the peace process"), in his last recorded interview before his death as "probably the most capable politician in the country and possibly one of the most capable in Europe).

but he's one of SFs main weaknesses in the Dáil.
A month before the current furore about the CRS pensions, Adams was in the Dáil asking Kenny about the issue of top-ups for senior execs in state agencies. He pressed for an enquiry stating that "citizens want to know what's happening within our health services" and "to the money they give to charity". Kenny's answer?... "If you want to have a debate about the past you can start by clarifying for everybody in this country whether or not you were a member of the IRA. Nobody believes you, nobody believes you." Personally, if these are the things we gauge Dáil performances on, I know who I'd rather vote for from that little interaction and countless other like it.

He has very little appeal imo, whether it be personality, policy or integrity.
Again, a poll topper, north & south, who led the party in a time when it trebled it's representation.

Mary Lou and Pearse Doherty (who seems to have disappeared over the past few months) seem to be far more capable and have a much higher 'strike rate' in the Dáil.
Pearse would be my choice to succeed Adams, but as I sa, I'd like that to be a few years away yet.