Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 07, 2013, 06:34:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2013, 06:07:30 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 07, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
I doubt if many will loose sleep over Nesbitts absence. The UU are of a similar importance to NI politics as the SDLP.
He must have been considered important enough for SF to invite him to speak in the first place, surely?

Not much point in having outreach conferences if you're only reaching out to those who share the same position.
Fella outside the Europa with an "Equality for Loyalist" placard  ::)

Cool! Let us all march up and down the street, outside his home, wearing top hats playing Uileann Pipes loudly. Preferably thousands of us frowning really really hard at him.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2013, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2013, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2013, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
Sure only a couple of weeks ago they joined forces with the SDLP and approved the use of unmanned Drones for the British Govt to spy on Irish citizens.

Who did ?

SF did. Does it surprise you?

When and where?
I assume he's referring to the purchase and use of drones, approved by the Policing Board (on which SF sit) in April. They will be used by the PSNI (not the British Government) - I don't see how it's any different to any other means of police surveillance.

Well, once you have the Drones, then you open the doors to this:

http://tyronetribulations.com/2013/06/07/brocagh-man-bought-helicopter-to-stare-at-women-court-told/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

lawnseed

Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 07, 2013, 05:55:10 PM
Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2013, 05:29:53 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 04:35:36 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2013, 04:25:50 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 07, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
Sure only a couple of weeks ago they joined forces with the SDLP and approved the use of unmanned Drones for the British Govt to spy on Irish citizens.

Who did ?

SF did. Does it surprise you?

When and where?
I assume he's referring to the purchase and use of drones, approved by the Policing Board (on which SF sit) in April. They will be used by the PSNI (not the British Government) - I don't see how it's any different to any other means of police surveillance.

Well, once you have the Drones, then you open the doors to this:

http://tyronetribulations.com/2013/06/07/brocagh-man-bought-helicopter-to-stare-at-women-court-told/
i see dominoes pizza using drones now to deliver your margarita.. handy

what would happen if a drone was 'accidently' shot down.. could you say you thought you were under attack.. self defence? ufo? etc.. what happens if its over your property is it not in your airspace? could you claim salvage? does it breach your right to privacy? i've a class crossbow.. home made from a leaf spring like the one the romans had in the opening of gladiator it can fire a length (75cm) of 14mm re-bar about 750mts or put it through a cavity wall  8) wouldnt mind trying it out on a drone.. haven't used it in a while very busy with work these days
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

give her dixie

There is something beyond sick and twisted when a Drone Operator receives a certificate detailing how many people they have killed in far away lands. One such operator got a certificate for 1,626 confirmed kills !!!

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/collateral-damage-drone-operators-risk-ptsd/4998#more-4998
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

lawnseed

Quote from: give her dixie on June 10, 2013, 12:49:31 PM
There is something beyond sick and twisted when a Drone Operator receives a certificate detailing how many people they have killed in far away lands. One such operator got a certificate for 1,626 confirmed kills !!!

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/collateral-damage-drone-operators-risk-ptsd/4998#more-4998

9 to 1 thats the nato acceptable rate of kills locals v soldiers. so roughly.. for every plastic bag that arrives in wotton basset 9 arab natives women, kids etc have been killed.  add this to american bags, french, italian and on and on and thats what the stoops see on tour. then say nothing about it when they get home!!!!???

naka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 18, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
A lot of you boys are in the North and may not be fully aware of what is happening SF in the south. The honeymoon is over, people want some ideas from SF and are tired of constant blathering about the peace process. Adams has become a liability as he is completely out of touch with what  is going on in the South. O Caolain should have been let me SF's main spokesman for the last general election but instead we got Gerry Adams getting obliterated on national tv debates. SF should be making hay in these times as a left wing party but are not positioned to do so and I fear for them in the south big time.

Would love the shinners to expand their policies on tax , health, social welfare etc in both jurisdictions because they have so many capable people hamstrung by the bland party first approach .
I don't believe all shinners want to destroy the grammar schools on ni
The troika in the south need challenged and with the calibre of the middle ranking shinners they can at least articulate arguments which would resonate with a lot of educated voters

lawnseed

Quote from: naka on June 11, 2013, 08:08:12 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 18, 2010, 09:38:10 PM
A lot of you boys are in the North and may not be fully aware of what is happening SF in the south. The honeymoon is over, people want some ideas from SF and are tired of constant blathering about the peace process. Adams has become a liability as he is completely out of touch with what  is going on in the South. O Caolain should have been let me SF's main spokesman for the last general election but instead we got Gerry Adams getting obliterated on national tv debates. SF should be making hay in these times as a left wing party but are not positioned to do so and I fear for them in the south big time.

Would love the shinners to expand their policies on tax , health, social welfare etc in both jurisdictions because they have so many capable people hamstrung by the bland party first approach .
I don't believe all shinners want to destroy the grammar schools on ni
The troika in the south need challenged and with the calibre of the middle ranking shinners they can at least articulate arguments which would resonate with a lot of educated voters
naka you have quite a bit going on there in that post.. i agree the approach is bland.. grammar schools?? sinn fein are not anti grammar school.. the troika?? firstly sinn fein are not in government at a level where the party can challange the troika, secondly sinn fein have published their alternative budget and have tried to change the governments policy for some time both in this dail and the last but they wont listen thats what happens when you have nearly a hundred years of the same party in power 'fianna gael'

ive been saying for some time that the adams era has run its course hes just not suited to this role at this time. gerry is caring and thoughtful but sinn fein will not be in power in the south with gerry leading.

Feckitt

Sinn Fein are running a Summer Conference in Cork with a very impressive line up

Eamon Dunphy - Journalist & Broadcaster
Pearse Doherty - SF TD
Joanne O'Riordan - She is the wee girl with no limbs from Cork who was on the late late a few times.  She is absolutely brilliant.
Sean Og O'Hailpin - Legend
Mary Lou McDonald - SF TD
Basil McCrea - Leader of Ireland's newest party NI21
Roy Greenslade - Guardian Journalist
Alison O'Connor - Irish Independent Journalist ( Don't know her, but as she is from the Indo, she is obviously the official opposition)
Plenty of others as well.

Looks quite interesting. 
Northmen, Southmen, comrades all, Dublin, Belfast, Cork & Donegal.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Feckitt on June 20, 2013, 01:03:53 PM
Sinn Fein are running a Summer Conference in Cork with a very impressive line up

Eamon Dunphy - Journalist & Broadcaster
Pearse Doherty - SF TD
Joanne O'Riordan - She is the wee girl with no limbs from Cork who was on the late late a few times.  She is absolutely brilliant.
Sean Og O'Hailpin - Legend
Mary Lou McDonald - SF TD
Basil McCrea - Leader of Ireland's newest party NI21
Roy Greenslade - Guardian Journalist
Alison O'Connor - Irish Independent Journalist ( Don't know her, but as she is from the Indo, she is obviously the official opposition)
Plenty of others as well.

Looks quite interesting. 
Northmen, Southmen, comrades all, Dublin, Belfast, Cork & Donegal.

Impressive  ::)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Feckitt

Well, you can say what you like about Mary Lou, but I think that most people are interested in Dunphy's views on things.  If not, then why is he still a major broadcasting figure after all these years?  He certainly won't be going as a Shinner stooge.

Why who would you like to see there? 

muppet

Quote from: Feckitt on June 20, 2013, 03:08:12 PM
Well, you can say what you like about Mary Lou, but I think that most people are interested in Dunphy's views on things.  If not, then why is he still a major broadcasting figure after all these years?  He certainly won't be going as a Shinner stooge.

To be fair Dunphy is well read and articulate when he wants to be. He is fond of limelight and controversy but is not without his uses. Oh and he used to work for the Sindo.
MWWSI 2017

theticklemister

Quote from: muppet on June 20, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on June 20, 2013, 03:08:12 PM

To be fair Dunphy is well read and articulate when he wants to be. He is fond of limelight and controversy but is not without his uses. Oh and he used to work for the Sindo.

A poor man's Joe Brolly

Saffrongael

So DUP and Sinn Fein attempting a power grab on the DOE with an amendment to transfer planning powers in the Enterprise Zones to OFMDFM, DUP property developing mates must love this. An issue that will affect loads of people here but all people seem interested in is the latest marching sham fight between SF and DUP

SF playing nice as usual, I suppose it will be the turn of the DUP to roll over next for something SF want.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

EC Unique

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 24, 2013, 09:13:46 PM
So DUP and Sinn Fein attempting a power grab on the DOE with an amendment to transfer planning powers in the Enterprise Zones to OFMDFM, DUP property developing mates must love this. An issue that will affect loads of people here but all people seem interested in is the latest marching sham fight between SF and DUP

SF playing nice as usual, I suppose it will be the turn of the DUP to roll over next for something SF want.

Would this not be a good thing? Create much needed jobs in construction.

Maguire01

Quote from: EC Unique on June 24, 2013, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 24, 2013, 09:13:46 PM

Would this not be a good thing? Create much needed jobs in construction.
Why does OFMDFM need to have the power? Why not DOE, where planning normally sits?