Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: ranch on May 23, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 22, 2013, 02:03:54 PM
Are SF out of touch with many of their voters with their policy of agreeing with Gay marriage?

I wouldn't imagine so.

People here don't vote on "issues" so it won't make any odds

Maguire01

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 23, 2013, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: ranch on May 23, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
Are SF out of touch with many of their voters with their policy of agreeing with Gay marriage?

I wouldn't imagine so.

People here don't vote on "issues" so it won't make any odds
Precisely. Green and Orange is really all that matters to the majority of the voting public.

Rossfan

I see Marty/Peter are setting up an All Party Committee to "sort out" all the issues around flags and parades.
They're learning how to play this politics lark alright  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

glens abu

Quote from: Rossfan on May 23, 2013, 08:49:42 PM
I see Marty/Peter are setting up an All Party Committee to "sort out" all the issues around flags and parades.
They're learning how to play this politics lark alright  ;)

Yeah it's a long hard road to drag Peter into the real world but Marty is getting there slowly.

LeoMc

Is the issue pushing you into bed (politically) with Ian Og?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Bloody shinner opening his stupid trap endangering the Irish economy. f**k off you bollix.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 23, 2013, 11:26:48 PM
Bloody shinner opening his stupid trap endangering the Irish economy. f**k off you bollix.
His ram pings are no more dangerous or useless than the (half)wit of inda or noonan!!

Ie No danger to the economy at all despite themselves!

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 23, 2013, 11:26:48 PM

Typical Shinner looking for equality in the corrupt irish economy. Should know better!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Aristo 60

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on May 23, 2013, 11:15:11 PM

Not really!

With the opinion of SF on this in stark contrast of that of the Catholic Church I would imagne many SF voters will be a bit annoyed.

With this and their apparent lack of interest in the A5 project I will consider my vote in the future as I am sure many in this area will.

EC Unique

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2013, 12:59:07 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 24, 2013, 12:44:57 PM

Not really!

With the opinion of SF on this in stark contrast of that of the Catholic Church I would imagne many SF voters will be a bit annoyed.

With this and their apparent lack of interest in the A5 project I will consider my vote in the future as I am sure many in this area will.
Would the opinion of the Catholic Church not be in stark contrast to that of most Catholics in Ireland?

On a few matters yes but on this one I'm not so sure. Most of my family and friends would be opposed to Gay marriage. A lot may not admit to it but privately opposed.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

ranch

I really don't think many people will decide their own personal opinion on gay marriage based upon what the Catholic Church say.

Maguire01

Quote from: EC Unique on May 24, 2013, 12:44:57 PM

Not really!

I can't understand why some of these Catholics would desert SF for support of gay marriage when they voted for them during the years of republican murder and violence. Are these people objecting because they're Catholic, or because they're maybe just a bit conservative, or even homophobic?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 25, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
...during the years of republican murder and violence...

Ah is that what it was? Here was me thinking it was a politically motivated conflict but apparently not. Apparently it was just "years of republican murder and violence".
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore