Connacht Club Championships 2016

Started by revsperminute, October 07, 2016, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Syferus on October 08, 2016, 04:54:46 PM
Only the Prenty Council would cow-tow to a county who can't run off its championship in time. And only then if it's Mayo.
+1

Rossfan

Pity they weren't do accommodating to the Ros/Sligo Minors. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GaillimhIarthair

Corofin & Salthill Knocknacarra will contest this years senior final here in Galway
Monivea Abbey won the Intermediate final yesterday
Oranmore Maree & St Gabriel's will battle it out in the junior final

Rossfan

Ros Inter and Junior Finals ended in draws as did the Laythrum Inter.
Aughawillan won Senior by a point.

Farrandeelin

Louisburgh beat Balla by a last minute point it today's Junior final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 09, 2016, 07:42:58 PM
Ros Inter and Junior Finals ended in draws as did the Laythrum Inter.
Aughawillan won Senior by a point.
Leitrim IFC was won by Sean O'Heslin's, late winner as in the senior.

Rossfan

Of course! My mistake - draws on the brain.
Oran in hurley final thing next Sunday so replay 22 Oct.

Maroon Manc

Corofin are 1/10 to win in Galway and then even money for Connacht. Looking at the staring 15 and subs yesterday that is a very strong panel at this level.

I can't see any betting on the AI, anyone seen the odds anywhere?

rosnarun

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 08, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
Tourlestrane v the Mayo champions has been pushed back to Saturday November 5th if the game ends in a draw the replay will be played the following day.
this happen a few years back , Ballina and corofin i think , Corofin caused the delay and had to agree to play both matches in ballina. shit weather it was too
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

stephenite

Quote from: rosnarun on October 10, 2016, 11:21:37 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 08, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
Tourlestrane v the Mayo champions has been pushed back to Saturday November 5th if the game ends in a draw the replay will be played the following day.
this happen a few years back , Ballina and corofin i think , Corofin caused the delay and had to agree to play both matches in ballina. shit weather it was too

Great days

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 10, 2016, 11:13:54 AM
Corofin are 1/10 to win in Galway and then even money for Connacht. Looking at the staring 15 and subs yesterday that is a very strong panel at this level.

Kieran Fitzgerald going for his 11th county SFC medal in the final.

Duine Eile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 10, 2016, 06:39:53 PM

And it's hard to see him not getting that 11th medal, they are a seriously impressive outfit, you have to stand back and admire the way they play, they have 2 of the greatest kick passers of the ball in the county in Ronan Steede and Michael Farragher, there's Kieran Molloy playing wing back who I'd say we could see in maroon next year and Gary Sice was brilliant to mention just a few. I can't see Salthill having any way to beat them to be honest.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM

And it's hard to see him not getting that 11th medal, they are a seriously impressive outfit, you have to stand back and admire the way they play, they have 2 of the greatest kick passers of the ball in the county in Ronan Steede and Michael Farragher, there's Kieran Molloy playing wing back who I'd say we could see in maroon next year and Gary Sice was brilliant to mention just a few. I can't see Salthill having any way to beat them to be honest.

If Mitchels can do it plenty of teams can.

galwayman

Quote from: Syferus on October 10, 2016, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: Duine Eile on October 10, 2016, 08:45:40 PM

If Mitchels can do it plenty of teams can.
Not Salthill though.Not a chance.