Donnelly Installed as Minor Manager

Started by ziggysego, October 19, 2010, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Something would need to be done about minor and u-21.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stalwart

how long did m harte get as minor manager before he won anything at all ? 8)

redhandloo

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 23, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
Under 21s I would agree on but we were in the All Ireland minor final last year.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

winghalfback

Quote from: redhandloo on June 23, 2014, 02:25:06 PM
Under 21s I would agree on but we were in the All Ireland minor final last year.

what did they win?

God14

Quote from: winghalfback on June 23, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

what did they win?

Very harsh.

Ive been advocating a new senior manager on here myself, but Jesus lads if we want rid of the management at minor, u21 & senior - maybe it says more about us as Tyrone fans than the management!

winghalfback

Quote from: God14 on June 23, 2014, 03:49:42 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on June 23, 2014, 03:37:03 PM

what did they win?

Very harsh.

Ive been advocating a new senior manager on here myself, but Jesus lads if we want rid of the management at minor, u21 & senior - maybe it says more about us as Tyrone fans than the management!

What's harsh about that statement its the truth. Things have gone stale over the last 5 or more years across the board in Tyrone. Minor management have been in place now 3 years and have achieved nothing, U21 management have only been in place a year now, granted they didn't do overly well but they need another term at least and the senior team have tried several things over the last few years and nothing has worked and now I think is time to go. Sometimes its a case of overstaying and becoming stale because ideas have run out and other counties have moved on, maybe on the other hand we in Tyrone think we are better than we are maybe we just don't have the players in the county and its not the managements fault at clubs, schools, minor, u21 or senior level.

keeptrying

Management was absolutely clueless on saturday night, seemed like one was seeking inspiration from the other and nobody was getting instructions to players.  Lots of good work done by the guy on the ipad though!!! Which was absolutely useless! Stevie wonder could have worked it out.

hugh the root

Quote from: keeptrying on June 23, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
Management was absolutely clueless on saturday night, seemed like one was seeking inspiration from the other and nobody was getting instructions to players.  Lots of good work done by the guy on the ipad though!!! Which was absolutely useless! Stevie wonder could have worked it out.
I don't blame the management! We gave away two bad goals just as in last years Ulster Final! We need a bit of drive installed in the lads and there is no better place to find this than down in Ardboe where the management team there drove the minors to back to back county titles against all odds and with some very young players.I am told though  that the county board has a vendetta against  Ardboe and ignorantly discount any advice that could be made available. The dogs on the street know that Ciaran McLaughlin hires and fires and his cv goes unchecked. If things remain as they are Garvaghey will be the GAAs most prolific white elephant. It would even depress one driving past it!My advice is to clean the whole county board out and install people with the good of the game at heart; not dictators!Mary Queen of the Gael help our county!

Up The Middle

Quote from: hugh the root on June 23, 2014, 05:02:46 PM
Quote from: keeptrying on June 23, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
I don't blame the management! We gave away two bad goals just as in last years Ulster Final! We need a bit of drive installed in the lads and there is no better place to find this than down in Ardboe where the management team there drove the minors to back to back county titles against all odds and with some very young players.I am told though  that the county board has a vendetta against  Ardboe and ignorantly discount any advice that could be made available. The dogs on the street know that Ciaran McLaughlin hires and fires and his cv goes unchecked. If things remain as they are Garvaghey will be the GAAs most prolific white elephant. It would even depress one driving past it!My advice is to clean the whole county board out and install people with the good of the game at heart; not dictators!Mary Queen of the Gael help our county!

Hugh i f**king love your posts.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Redhand Santa

Have any of you lads got much time on your hands? If I'm reading your posts correctly we need new minor senior and potential u21 management teams. We also need a new chairman for the county board and multiple other changes there.

Redhand Santa

Just out of interest have any of you got anything positive to say in general about tyrone gaa? County or club or just generally?

Maybe the feile at the weekend or something. Or maybe some signs of improvement in club fixtures this year. It's not July yet and half the games have been played plus a round in the intermediate and senior championships and reserve knockout and u21 underway.

I've no issues with criticism but it's all negativity on here these days.

winghalfback

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 23, 2014, 06:10:32 PM
Just out of interest have any of you got anything positive to say in general about tyrone gaa? County or club or just generally?

Maybe the feile at the weekend or something. Or maybe some signs of improvement in club fixtures this year. It's not July yet and half the games have been played plus a round in the intermediate and senior championships and reserve knockout and u21 underway.

I've no issues with criticism but it's all negativity on here these days.

Nothing negative to say everything is going fandabidosy, just great. County minors, U21 and Senior teams went out of their provincial championships after very hard working spirited displays, the players and management cant take any blame for the defeats as they just met a better team on the day in each occasion.
The club scene is going great guns too. We have a full round of championship football over us at senior and intermediate clearing the path for a free week for the eventual champions going into ulster which is good, now there probably wont be any more played until September but that is ok as we are in the middle of a reserve and u21 championship at the moment. U 21 teams play on a Tuesday night and reserves play on a Friday night and most weeks there will probably be league football on Sunday so no one can complain about lack of football this year.
We also have starred games which really are only starred if the county management say they are but if a player gets the blessing to play then its ok but te hell with the other county lads getting no football at all.
Some clubs have minor fixtures this Sunday evening too so that's minor u21 reserve and senior games this weekend plus the county seniors are out against Louth plenty of football to be getting on with no time for negativity.