Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 24, 2020, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 24, 2020, 01:42:58 AM
Team performance levels in the last 3 or 4 games has faded badly to where they were. Has been bits of individualism from the like of Greenwood, Martial, Bruno to keep the unbeaten league run from February going.

Yes playing the same 11 since the restart has played a big part in that though Ole has to show more faith in his squad,  Its all hindsight now but he should have rested more players last Sunday.

Can't agree with this. With the possible exception of Fred and McTominay, none of the other non-starters would have performed any better. Mata, Lingard, Pereira, James......who would have improved things? United's first XI is good but the squad is woefully thin.

Why weren't they used especially when Matic needed to be taken off? Only subs used Wan Bissaka at half time and Ighalo in the 85th minute. Mata was kept on for another season surely games such as West ham at home was a ideal time to get some minutes.

Boycey

West Ham at home when they are the better team and you want to rest fellas.....

Cunny Funt

It's about bringing fresh legs into the team and adding a bit more energy into the team for the final quarter.  It was clear a number of players needed to be subbed off and because of tiredness were making more errors.

Speaking of errors would West Ham have scored or drawn Wednesday but for that gift of a penalty? Individual errors and lapses in concentration has cost United loads of points this season.

Boycey

Ur talking about rest in two different contexts, games like West Ham at home are games you would expect to be able to get away with a change or two. Likewise if you were 2 or 3 up with 20/25 mins to go you would pull a couple but at 1-1 and the game in the air not so much!!

Would they have scored I don't know really, but they were a threat the whole game particularly at set pieces and at no time of the game would you have said United were any more likely to score the next goal than West Ham

brokencrossbar1

Game against Leicester is kinda like a winner takes all cup final (albeit United don't necessarily have to win!). I would say B Rodg will set Leicester up to attack the space behind Maguire with Vardys pace and they can be very dangerous if they get the momentum going. If United score first they win, simple as that. If Leicester score first, I question the mentality of some of the United players and reckon Leicester will score 2-3.

BennyCake

United have blown it the last two home games. Leicester to win 2-1.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 24, 2020, 03:22:19 PM
Game against Leicester is kinda like a winner takes all cup final (albeit United don't necessarily have to win!). I would say B Rodg will set Leicester up to attack the space behind Maguire with Vardys pace and they can be very dangerous if they get the momentum going. If United score first they win, simple as that. If Leicester score first, I question the mentality of some of the United players and reckon Leicester will score 2-3.

Harsh on United re mentality, since they got on the decent run at start of Feb, 15 odd games ago, they've conceded 1st 6 times and only lost one, the cup semi last week.

Farrandeelin

Massive game today. Both teams stumbling on towards the end of the season. United's away form is a worry for me. Hopefully Leicester will continue their bad form post lockdown. Cup final written all over it. Hopefully Ole makes subs at the proper time today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maiden1

Interesting game with United only needing a draw probably making them more defensive could possibly suit Leicester.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

rodney trotter

Leicester missing a few like Maddison and Chilwell so missing a bit of creativity.  Vardy will still be a handful for Maguire

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 26, 2020, 11:24:39 AM
Leicester missing a few like Maddison and Chilwell so missing a bit of creativity.  Vardy will still be a handful for Maguire
I'd say you'd be a handful for Maguire.

gallsman

Two near calamities in the space of a few minutes for Maguire and de Gea. Maguire absolutely loves a pull at the jersey or a push in the back when he gets in trouble.

Helix.

Job done. Just about. Hopefully kick on next season and strengthen few weak links. If you'd have said United would finished 3rd at Christmas would have laughed.  :D

MayoBuck

3rd place is a good outcome even though it's miles behind the top 2. Winning the Europa league would be nice now.

Cunny Funt

So there you have it, Man United are the 3rd team in the league. A fine achievement when you consider where they were after 25 games and going 14 league games unbeaten greatly helped.

The win today hard earned and deserved. A few dodgy moments in defence though defended well outside of that and Lindelof probably Uniteds best player today.  With champions league football secured it should be interesting to see how serious the Europa league will be taken.