John Toal next to be banished from Armagh set-up.

Started by Over the Bar, December 13, 2006, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: full back on December 13, 2006, 10:28:39 AM
Maddog, it doesnt say much for Toal when you would have Loughran in front of him yet you are saying "Harsh but probably fair, and often when he lands he is too easily dispossessed in the tackle."

Colonel Cool if you dont like it stay out of it

As i said earlier id have Loughran in (if he's at his best). However he can be frustrating hence the comment above. On 2003 form i'd have him in there.

Border Fox

This is one of these situations where Big Joe is damned either way. Nobody could ever question John Toals commitment - the man is a legend. However, is he, after such a horrific injury, one of the best 30 footballers in the county?

Uladh

Surely O'Rourke is one of the best 30 footballers in the county?

bullying the kernan boys aside of course...

Border Fox

good point Uladh.... is there going to be an O'Rourke on the panel in '07?

Martin has his faults but he's a good man in a battle
Micheal certainly has talent

bennydorano

Toal was one of those players that you(me anyway) never appreciated when he was slogging his guts out,his loss has been sorely felt since his injury, Loughran is a big Ginny.  We still need a MF, Nippy is still too light, is Lavery from Maghery departed? he has always looked good IMO.

Over the Bar

From what I've seen of Toal & Loughran there's little to compare them.  Toal would make it onto my team anyday, a real no-frills reliable, work-horse. Every team needs one.  Loughran would only make the bench.

armaghniac

Given all that he has been through, there is a question over the extent to which Toal will be able to play at the top level again. It is not desirable to push things too far too soon. However it would have been better for Joe to have consulted the man and to have said that if things go well with the club football that he might be considered for the county again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B