CANCER IN G.A.A

Started by STALWART, December 12, 2006, 01:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STALWART

Just heard Eamon Coleman has been diagnosed again after coming through a bout of cancer last year, sad news to say the least.
Seems to be an ever increasing illness in the sport, always hearing about various players/managers with or who have come through it.
Any thoughts????

SlimShady

i think its an ever increasing illness fullstop.

AbbeySider

Change the title of this thread... it is suggesting that Cancer and the GAA are linked

Its ludicrous to suggest Sport and Cancer are linked

Maybe this is a crazy suggestion but perhaps your always hearing about various players/managers with or who have come through it, because you know of a lot of current/past players/managers in the GAA?

::)

STALWART

Firstly Abbeysider your suggestion is ridiculous, secondly, apologies for the header, i am in no way implying that the gaa and cancer are related, what a crazy thought.
Clown >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

AbbeySider

Well, well, well....

My sincerest apologies STALWART,

I must have got the wrong impression when you name a thread
CANCER IN G.A.A

Which I foolishly thought the title read "CANCER IN GAA"
... but wait... it does!?   :o :o

And I again apologies for reading too much into your statement:
QuoteSeems to be an ever increasing illness in the sport, always hearing about various players/managers with or who have come through it.

For a second I thought you were suggesting that Cancer is an ever increasing illness in sport and you heard that various players/managers had got it

Wait a second... you did say that...  :o :o  ::) ::)

So what are you suggesting by "Seems to be an ever increasing illness in the sport"?

It looks and sounds like you are implying that the gaa and cancer are related...

What are you suggesting  ???  ???  ???

BTW your reply now suggests you posted your original message on a whim and didnt even think about how it..... at all

Bogball XV

That's terrible news for the wee man, hope he's successful again.

As for cancer increasing, i read somewhere that:
1. People live longer, hence there are more cell replications, hence more chance of one going wrong, or the replications are slightly less accurate each time.
2. Diagnosis is more accurate nowaday.

Enough of that, and all the best to Eamon.