Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 08, 2019, 08:10:46 AM
The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

Hopefully Cavanagh will mark Moran but I fear it will be Kennedy who shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Don't think Hampsey will play - clearly injured and was hobbling about withan ice pack when taken off last week. Will prob be a sub with 20 to go.

In my opinion our best option for Clifford would be Aidan McCrory as he will never worry about attacking and will focus solely on there main threat. Stop him we stop them

OurKid

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 08, 2019, 11:26:31 AM
The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

Hopefully Cavanagh will mark Moran but I fear it will be Kennedy who shouldn't be anywhere near it.
Don't think Hampsey will play - clearly injured and was hobbling about withan ice pack when taken off last week. Will prob be a sub with 20 to go.

In my opinion our best option for Clifford would be Aidan McCrory as he will never worry about attacking and will focus solely on there main threat. Stop him we stop them
That's just silly now , the discussion board is a serious place. Grow up now

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: OurKid on August 08, 2019, 12:21:51 PM
The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

That's just silly now , the discussion board is a serious place. Grow up now

Based on your posts strange to see you comment on something unrelated to Tee or killyclogher, stay in your lane

The Golden Years

The match up will be
McNamee on Clifford
O'Brien - R Brennan
HP McGeary on Geaney

;D

tyronerebel

How do yous all see Sunday going?

Predicted Lineups and matchups?

opinions other than the 'Our Kids' would be great.

inroundthesquare

1. Morgan
2. HP McGeary
3. McNamee
4. Brennan
5. McKernan
6. K McGeary
7. Burns
8. Kennedy
9. Cavanagh
10. Meyler
11. Sludden
12. R. Donnelly
13. McShane
14. M. Donnelly
15. Harte

The match-ups I see for the 5 main Kerry forwards are Hugh Pat on Geaney, McNamee on Clifford, Brennan on Spillane
Meyler on O'Brien, K McGeary or McKernan on Sean O'Shea.
Think Hugh Pat will start as Hampsey doesn't look comfortable in the full back line at the moment. Cassidy I think may come into the half back line again but it is tight between him and McKernan. If Cassidy does I can see him picking up O'Brien with Meyler going on to O'Shea.
Hampsey and McCann are capable subs to bring in.

Cavanagh to do the usual sweeping role. Burns to help out also.
Kennedy to stick to Moran - if possible. Moran is their key player. The amount of ball he gets on and the forward momentum he gives them with his kick passing is massive. If Kennesy is struggling then one of our half backs on the bench should replace him and do a marking job.

Sludden, Burns, Meyler to link the play with Peter further up in the half forward line. Expect Tom O'Sullivan to pick Peter up.

I think there is enough evidence that Mattie Donnelly is most effective this year in the full forward line. If we can't get the ball up to him and McShane then yes he can come out around half forward. But don't think he should be slogging back in his own half back line - we are relatively strong in that area.

Tough one between Richie and McCurry, personally i would go with Richie (with Mattie inside) and leave McCurry as an impact sub.

That leaves on the bench (wouldn't be surprised or disappointed really if any of these start):
Hampsey
T. McCann
Cassidy
McCurry
McAliskey

We have real options and just hope we can put together a performance for 70 minutes. We have had two dire first halves this year against Donegal and Cork, only scoring 5 points. Can't afford that on Sunday.

Jayop

I think that's harsh on mccalliskey. He was our top scorer by a mile last year and should have had an all star nomination. He's performed very well when played this year.

Angelo

I wouldn't be starting McKernan.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

inroundthesquare

McAliskey to me although he had a great year last year, hasn't done a huge amount this year - obviously the injury is part of that. He did look lively against Dublin and took some good scores.

McKernan i thought played particularly well in Roscommon, put in a few strong tackles and dispossessed the opposition. Also set-up a goal against Kildare and the key one against Cork.
He was roasted by Brennan in the Donegal game and did make a mistake by rushing out against Cork for their 2nd goal.
Not much between him and Cassidy for a half back place.

Angelo

A combination of Maurice Deegan doing his usual Kerry charity act and once again our players folding in the face of adversity was the case today.

I think tactically we got it right, we were winning our match ups defensively McShane and Donnelly were getting great joy. Deegan hauled Kerry back into it with some ridiculous frees and as soon as Kerry got within a point we collapsed mentally, the heads dropped, the mistakes came and we had a few bad misses, some players hid.

I don't want to be too harsh on the players, I think they put a huge effort in each year but I think deep down we're just not good enough - in saying that I don't think anyone else is either, if it was a different era I'd say we are leaving All Irelands behind us in the last 4/5 years but I think Dublin are just so far ahead of everyone right now and I don't see another teams stopping them in the next 2/3 years.

Kerry are fairly ordinary and I think it was more a case of Deegan and Tyrone beating themselves. They haven't a hope against the Dubs.

Harte has another year left I think so he will probably see it out. I don't think you can blame the line today, I think you have to look at some of our players and say they imploded when the going got tough. I don't see another management team coming in and taking us on another level, I think we are getting close to the max from these players.

southtyronegael

6 championship defeats in 2 years is some going. Excellent first half though but once Kerry got to grips with Mc Shane we ran out of ideas. Still not enough quality forwards starting for Tyrone which won't cut it against the top teams. Peter harte total anonymous again when it mattered. Huge setback for Tyrone to lose this against an inexperienced Kerry team.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 06:10:55 PM
6 championship defeats in 2 years is some going. Excellent first half though but once Kerry got to grips with Mc Shane we ran out of ideas. Still not enough quality forwards starting for Tyrone which won't cut it against the top teams. Peter harte total anonymous again when it mattered. Huge setback for Tyrone to lose this against an inexperienced Kerry team.

It was a huge setback but we wouldn't be winning the final and neither will Kerry.

tyrone08

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 05:46:18 PM
A combination of Maurice Deegan doing his usual Kerry charity act and once again our players folding in the face of adversity was the case today.

I think tactically we got it right, we were winning our match ups defensively McShane and Donnelly were getting great joy. Deegan hauled Kerry back into it with some ridiculous frees and as soon as Kerry got within a point we collapsed mentally, the heads dropped, the mistakes came and we had a few bad misses, some players hid.

I don't want to be too harsh on the players, I think they put a huge effort in each year but I think deep down we're just not good enough - in saying that I don't think anyone else is either, if it was a different era I'd say we are leaving All Irelands behind us in the last 4/5 years but I think Dublin are just so far ahead of everyone right now and I don't see another teams stopping them in the next 2/3 years.

Kerry are fairly ordinary and I think it was more a case of Deegan and Tyrone beating themselves. They haven't a hope against the Dubs.

Harte has another year left I think so he will probably see it out. I don't think you can blame the line today, I think you have to look at some of our players and say they imploded when the going got tough. I don't see another management team coming in and taking us on another level, I think we are getting close to the max from these players.

Major issue with mickey is that he's far too slow to make changes.  A quick forward such as Darren McCurry would have had a field days against that key defence, I'm no fan of McCurry but he would have scored plenty against them. What was he point in bringing him on in 65 minute or so.

Also meyler gave away far to lo much ball as Kieran.  Meyler should have been off at half time

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 06:10:55 PM

It was a huge setback but we wouldn't be winning the final and neither will Kerry.

Angelo your reasoning is always really poor. From what I can tell you will always blame the ref first and the players second. The game is barely over and your straight on here to abscond the management from any blame. You reasoning that it doesn't matter who won today because neither team will beat Dublin is odd. If that is the case why do teams even bother, never mind commit a huge part of their life in an attempt to be successful.
I, like everyone else have no idea if a change in management would help things or not but the harsh reality is that we are not progressing. We are good but we nearly always lose the games against the teams we think we are at the same level as, (kerry, Mayo,).
What I don't understand is why Mickey Harte just doesn't say "I have given this thing a real go but it hasn't worked for me in the last 11 years. Maybe I should let someone else have a go"

WT4E

Harte should call it a day. Thanks for the memories mickey.