The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

Any of yous fellas know of any cheap hotels round Galway?? Just looking for hotels for racing week
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Bud Wiser

I think you will have a job on your hands there Armaghgael, did not RTE do a program on this last year with one ould wan saying that herself and the husband would look out the window and charge those arriving on the size of the car they were driving or how rich they looked.  Unless you go up around the far end of Spiddal and as far away from Oranmore as you can get you will be cleaned.

Look out for signs like this one.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

bridge fan

Quote from: Armaghgael on June 23, 2011, 10:33:09 PM
Any of yous fellas know of any cheap hotels round Galway?? Just looking for hotels for racing week

depends what ur looking for stayed in an apartment thas last 2 years 600 euro for the week 3 single beds but ya can put more people in if ya want on campbeds etc and cook ur own breakfast 15min walk to racecourse

Donnellys Hollow

Great to see the old warrior Famous Name rack up another success at the Curragh tonight. Would love to see him win a Group 1 somewhere before the year is out.

Hard to look past Midday in the Pretty Polly tomorrow. Her form against St Nicholas Abbey is rock solid and as long as Queally doesn't have another brain fart it should be straightforward. The 5/6 available early on in the week will probably look fairly generous tomorrow.

Crowd on Derby day will be well down with all us local tally-ho brigade decamping to the big smoke for the match in our Range Rovers. Don't think there's a great punting angle to be had on the race especially with the rain bucketing down. I hope Carlton House doesn't win (Moore & Stoute are grumpy cranks and the west-Brit crowd will be nauseating). Also hope Native Khan doesn't win after the whole Fallon affair before Epsom. Ballydoyle/Coolmore's domination of the whole season is growing tiresome and the last thing the Irish Derby needs is another sub standard Ballydoyle winner. Here's hoping either Dunboyne Express or Notable Graduate can spring a surprise for the local trainers so - if the ground turned heavy I'd actually give the latter a squeak.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Candyman

Midday & Times Up in a double DH?? Try n squeeze a bit more value?

tommysmith

Short a few euros this weekend so anyone have any decent info to help get me out for a few drinks tonight?

armagho9

Well DH any tips today?  What about Northumberland plate?

Did High Office and English Summer myself, both ew.  Both the value scope picks in Daily Mirror (guy who writes for it is very good).  Toals paying first 5

boojangles

Quote from: tommysmith on June 25, 2011, 12:12:15 PM
Short a few euros this weekend so anyone have any decent info to help get me out for a few drinks tonight?

Stay away from horses and put Laois and Meath in a double. Should double your money.

Candyman

Read the daily mirror side notes... Some shooting!!! :-O

Candyman

Read the daily mirror side notes... Some shooting!!! :-O

Family guy

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2011, 01:43:18 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on June 25, 2011, 12:12:15 PM

Stay away from horses and put Laois and Meath in a double. Should double your money.

easyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Candyman

Hearing good things about Bolgers in the 2.40? Source is in Cork, usually not far away... But as per usual do with this what u wish!!

Family guy

Quote from: Candyman on June 26, 2011, 01:33:33 PM
Hearing good things about Bolgers in the 2.40? Source is in Cork, usually not far away... But as per usual do with this what u wish!!

See bet 365 paying first 6 so prob worth an ew shot

Hardy

Here's an update on Peter Toole, from David Crosse's blog (a couple of weeks old). Seems he's making good progress.

Declan