The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

4.30 Newton Abbot. Won More Night receives just over 2 stone from the odds on favourite today. Course and distance winner last time out winning by over 8l. Haven't looked at it to deeply but at 3/1, surely worth a small punt despite Trooper Clarences obvious credentials.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

beer baron

Last race at Punchestown Ri na Domhnaigh, a Jim Bolger horse with Mike Fogarty doing the steering and there's a few pound for it,6/4 at the minute from 5/2 hopefully go to 7/4 before the off!I'm having a go at it anyway in a single and in a trixie with Aran Concerto and Lilys angel!

bridge fan

Ri na Domhnaigh is well fancied meant 2 be better than morning ireland and was looking  250k if ya want 2 buy it  ;D ;D

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: attheraces on May 25, 2011, 10:48:21 AM
4.30 Newton Abbot. Won More Night receives just over 2 stone from the odds on favourite today. Course and distance winner last time out winning by over 8l. Haven't looked at it to deeply but at 3/1, surely worth a small punt despite Trooper Clarences obvious credentials.

What would a reverse forecast have paid on that?

bridge fan

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 25, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Tote Exacta - £4.80 CSF - £5.64

beer baron

Awh feck this gambling on weekday racing,lost my arse today!  >:(

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: bridge fan on May 25, 2011, 08:23:21 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 25, 2011, 08:08:21 PM

Tote Exacta - £4.80 CSF - £5.64

I'm showing my ignorance here but can you give me a worked example to explain what the above means!  :-\

Don Johnson

They are dividends.

So if you had £1 on you get £1 multiplied by the divided.

£1 x £5.64 = £5.64.

£5 would get you (£5 x £5.64) £28.20.

The CSF is what you get if you back a forecast in a normal bookies. The exacta is the Tote's version of the forecast that you can do online with them or in bookies on a wee card that have the Tote betting terminals.

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 26, 2011, 10:37:29 AM
They are dividends.

£1 x £5.64 = £5.64.

The CSF is what you get if you back a forecast in a normal bookies. The exacta is the Tote's version of the forecast that you can do online with them or in bookies on a wee card that have the Tote betting terminals.

Don the expert...do u work in a bookies?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Don Johnson on May 26, 2011, 10:37:29 AM
They are dividends.

£1 x £5.64 = £5.64.

so if i did a £5 reverse forecast it would cost me £10 with a return of £28.20??

Don Johnson

Yeah because when backing A and B a £5 RFC has £5 on A to beat B and £5 on B to beat A.

Though if you have a short priced favourite like Trooper Clarence in this case, a RFC might not be the best option as if the short favourite beats the second favourite then the dividend will be a lot less than the other way round.

Have seen people doing reverse forecasts with short priced favourites and when the favourite wins the forecast doesn't even pay enough to get their fulll stake back.

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on May 13, 2011, 12:13:51 PM
Was told a few weeks back to keep an eye out for geraldines Lass on the flat,she's down to run in Dundalk 8.30,first time in a Handicap and i'd say will get backed!
Worth small e/w bet! The same lad told me to look out for andalucia lady a while back and it won at 14/1 a week or 2 afterwards and this is the same stable training this horse.....

Down to run in Navan 2mrw.

beer baron

Quote from: boojangles on May 27, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
Quote from: beer baron on May 13, 2011, 12:13:51 PM
Was told a few weeks back to keep an eye out for geraldines Lass on the flat,she's down to run in Dundalk 8.30,first time in a Handicap and i'd say will get backed!
Worth small e/w bet! The same lad told me to look out for andalucia lady a while back and it won at 14/1 a week or 2 afterwards and this is the same stable training this horse.....

Down to run in Navan 2mrw.

Was backed off the boards into favourite from about 12's that day and got placed,hard to know its intentions after that,i'd say the market could tell the tale!

beer baron

Yeah Geraldines lass is on the job today!

boojangles