The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: beer baron on April 14, 2011, 12:03:15 PM
Got word for Mulvaneys horses in 1st 2 races at tipp tonight,tough as nails and one of three,new source so i won't be going mad,make what you will....... :-\

Yeah got word on those 2 also.

Donnellys Hollow

Any view on the Scottish National Hardy? Looks a tricky enough contest with Nicholls' grey putting so many of them out of the handicap.

5/1 Chicago Grey looks a fairly reasonable e/w bet. If Carberry steers clear of trouble out the back, he seems the type that will creep his way into it on the final circuit like he did in the NH Chase. I'd be surprised if Beshabar turns that Cheltenham form around even with the pull in the weights.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 14, 2011, 03:09:55 PM
Any view on the Scottish National Hardy? Looks a tricky enough contest with Nicholls' grey putting so many of them out of the handicap.

5/1 Chicago Grey looks a fairly reasonable e/w bet. If Carberry steers clear of trouble out the back, he seems the type that will creep his way into it on the final circuit like he did in the NH Chase. I'd be surprised if Beshabar turns that Cheltenham form around even with the pull in the weights.

I haven't looked at d'oul stats yet, DH. I had a good result last year, so I'm looking forward to it. Of course if I had any sense I'd know the chances of a repeat are slim.

Candyman

Got word for Mulvaneys horses in 1st 2 races at tipp tonight,tough as nails and one of three,new source so i won't be going mad,make what you will....... :-\
1 down... 1 to go

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Candyman on April 14, 2011, 04:27:48 PM
1 down... 1 to go

+ 1
;D

bridge fan

Labarinto 5 50 newmarket worth a couple off quid

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 14, 2011, 03:09:55 PM

I've gone through the stats and it's tricky OK. Without knowing what weight horses would have been carrying without Neptune Collonges, I've just ignored the weight stat (all of the last ten winners carried 10-9 or less).

That could invalidate everything, of course, but firing ahead, only one horse ticks all of the high-incidence stats (9 or 10 of the last ten winners complied) - Regal Heights at 33/1 (55 on Betfair).

Two more long shots meet nine out of ten of these stats - Bellflower Boy at 40/1 (160 Betfair) and Cold Mountain at 66/1 (100). I can't resist a few bob each way on these as well.

From a purely stats point of view, Chicago Grey has a lot against him. The favourite hasn't won since 2000. Nine of the last ten winners have gone off at 12/1 or more. He has never run in a handicap chase. And eight of the last ten winners bypassed Cheltenham that year.

beer baron

Wexford 5.05 fools wildcat e/w!

Oak Leafer

Beer Baron..

Tip of fancy fella?

I know someone on here posted a bit of information for Sharekan a while back....didn't win that day but is out at 6.15 Wexford and is being backed

beer baron

Tip oakleafer,he's usually bang on the money when it comes to the trainers horses  ;)

Oak Leafer

Got word for Sharekan 6.15 Wexford. He's out to recoup losses of last run.

Bingo

Not one for the tips but got this one, won't be beat:

Saint Helena 5.10 Leicester tomorrow.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on April 15, 2011, 03:15:36 PM
Got word for Sharekan 6.15 Wexford. He's out to recoup losses of last run.

who told you that?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Bingo on April 15, 2011, 03:27:19 PM

Saint Helena 5.10 Leicester tomorrow.

You're some boy!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Bingo

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 15, 2011, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: Bingo on April 15, 2011, 03:27:19 PM