The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

Anything else fancied for today lads? thats three winners today from the page, two from Donnelly's Hollow and one from Joxer.

Joxer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 09:31:43 AM
Mullins should have a double in the first two races. Fiveforthree has been off the track for two years and the trip is short enough for him but he still should have way too much for this field. I'd be sweet enough on Call The Police in the second. He ran a cracker in the MCR having been off the track for a good stretch. Provided he doesn't bounce, he'll win. Neither will be much of a price though.

Martin Scruff has plenty in hand of the handicapper but the two firms that have priced it up so far aren't taking any chances at 4/6. b]

Martin Scruff beat

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 30, 2011, 02:52:22 PM
peader Miguel 5.15 kempton

Away with the wife all day, FER Fcuk Sake, 12/1, was waiting for the next time it run. Busted the gate last time with a few quid on it.

Donnellys Hollow

Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul (why isn't there a shakey head smiley?)

If he hadn't such a strong connection with Bobbyjo I'd say the owners would have strung him up for that ride.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Candyman

Quote from: Joxer on February 16, 2011, 03:57:05 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 09:31:43 AM
Mullins should have a double in the first two races. Fiveforthree has been off the track for two years and the trip is short enough for him but he still should have way too much for this field. I'd be sweet enough on Call The Police in the second. He ran a cracker in the MCR having been off the track for a good stretch. Provided he doesn't bounce, he'll win. Neither will be much of a price though.

Martin Scruff has plenty in hand of the handicapper but the two firms that have priced it up so far aren't taking any chances at 4/6. b]

Martin Scruff beat

A complete disgrace!!!  >:(
Let me down for a handsome sum...

Bud Wiser

Lads, would ye mind me asking a question. We have a big screen in the pub in Blessington> What should I do for Cheltenham. Could I get a tipster, a jockey and is it legal to place bets with PP using credit card.  Thanks
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

winsamsoon

Of course it is legal to place bets with PP using a credit card but if you are asking can you run a book from an unlicensed premises for betting then this is illegal even if you are using PP. By all means if you want to do it as a one off i would say the chances of getting caught are slim but word of mouth can be a dangerous thing in these scenarios and you could be in for a hefty fine.

I would go down the line of cheaper drink, Free bets or run some kind of fantasy horse racing league for cheltenham and put up some sort of prize. If you are far from a bookies then i would approach a bookie in the meantime and setup up an account where you phone the bets and inturn you receive a commission based on the amount of bets.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Joxer

Donnellys Hollow

Nothing today anyway.

Might have a small bet on Sports Line tomorrow at Newbury. He was well backed last Saturday morning before the meeting was abandoned and Willie always rated him very highly.

Oak Leafer

DH,

Thoughts on todays cards?

Cappagh in the first at Newbury looks a sound bet...do you think Nicholls or Kings runners can bother him?

Sportsline being nibbled at...can you convince me he's capable of beating Cornas.

What about the Totesport...I see Sweet My Lord of Mullins' has been backed...whats its chances?

boojangles

Quote from: Oak Leafer on February 18, 2011, 10:46:49 AM
DH,

Thoughts on todays cards?

Cappagh in the first at Newbury looks a sound bet...do you think Nicholls or Kings runners can bother him?

Sportsline being nibbled at...can you convince me he's capable of beating Cornas.

What about the Totesport...I see Sweet My Lord of Mullins' has been backed...whats its chances?

Didnt somebody mention Valentine Vic here on Saturday????

Joxer

What a Friend!  What a Tool!

Let me down badly today.  Given a terrible ride from Skelton!  Out of the Treble I done I thought it was the banker.  The other two,  French Opera and Our Island won at relative  ease!

Donnellys Hollow

What A Friend is a wretched creature. How it ever won two Grade 1s is beyond me.

Donnellys Hollow

Good action tomorrow. Plenty of short ones to be getting stuck into if you're that way inclined:

Court In Motion (should be 1/3 IMO)
Dunguib (ride him positively please!)
Riverside Theatre (surely has the measure of Pride Of Dulcote over this trip?)
Sprinter Sacre (Henderson has some talent in the novice ranks)

RealSpiritof98

DH if them 4 come home tomorrow i really do think we should google ads your posts and forward you the commission because there is so many people looking in at your fancies, i heard people talking about it today in the bookies.