The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

It'd be great if Mullins would aim Quevga for the World Hurdle too. She holds an entry though last I heard Mullins said she'd go to the Mares Hurdle, likely without a run. A very lightly raced animal having only had 2 starts in nearly 2 years.

This week could be the time to get on Hurricane Fly for the Champion Hurdle. Binocular was seriously impressive at Kempton but I wouldn't trust him to repeat that this weekend and a poor performance could see the Hurricane's price trimmed. Can't see it getting any bigger than the 9/2 NRNB with Ladbrokes. I'm seriously contemplating having one of my biggest ever bets on him at that price, possibly even each way.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Could be right TAM. If Peddlers Cross was to beat Binocular next Saturday (plausible given that he beat him at Newbury) Hurricane Fly would probably be made fav. Each way is a must - I personally back everything down to 5/2 e/w. Stan James have him at 9/2 and they're paying four places - there might be one of the English better than HF on the day but there'll hardly be four surely? It would be worth opening an account with them solely to avail of that offer.

Quevega will go for the mares race. I suppose it's possible she could run in both if she won easily on the Tuesday but it'd be a massive ask. I think Fiveforthree holds an entry as well and at his best he'd have a squeak. Can't have Mourad at all. Grand Crus could be anything. Big Bucks is clearly a smashing horse but he's beating very little over hurdles. He has a tendency to run in snatches but no horse has been good enough to exploit that yet. If Grand Crus started to pour it on coming down the hill and got Big Bucks at it I could see him winning. My worry would be Tom Scudamore who I don't rate. If Murphy or McCoy were on board than I'd be quite sweet on his chances.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RealSpiritof98

RealSpiritof98

burst through to gate, not the 1st time Quinlans tips have did this!! mmh

boojangles

Some day for Mullins. God when he's on form he really is on form. Golden Silvers win really throws the Champion Chase market wide open.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: boojangles on January 30, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
Golden Silvers win really throws the Champion Chase market wide open.

I'm not certain it does. I think Willie will stick to the original plan of the Ryanair in which he'd have a massive chance. He's always going to find 2 miles on good ground a bit too lively.

I'd say Murphy will be delighted with Big Zeb. He jumped superbly the whole way. Barry probably got there too soon and the ground wouldn't have been ideal for him. On a line through Sizing Europe/Somersby it was a superior trial than Master Minded ran last weekend. I'm sure that run will leave him spot on now.

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 30, 2011, 06:46:57 PM
Quote from: boojangles on January 30, 2011, 05:45:57 PM
Golden Silvers win really throws the Champion Chase market wide open.

I'm not certain it does. I think Willie will stick to the original plan of the Ryanair in which he'd have a massive chance. He's always going to find 2 miles on good ground a bit too lively.

I'd say Murphy will be delighted with Big Zeb. He jumped superbly the whole way. Barry probably got there too soon and the ground wouldn't have been ideal for him. On a line through Sizing Europe/Somersby it was a superior trial than Master Minded ran last weekend. I'm sure that run will leave him spot on now.

Master Minded 9/4 
Big Zeb  3/1 
Woolcombe Folly  7/1 
Sizing Europe  10/1 
Captain Cee Bee  10/1 
Somersby  10/1 
Tataniano  12/1 
Golden Silver 12/1 
Forpadydeplasterer 20/1 

I know the value is probably gone having been 20/1 before last weekend but I still think Somersby looks good value at 10/1. I was very keen on him for the Arkle last year and I know Captain CB and Sizing Europe beat him I still feel he could be improving.

beer baron

Was just having a nosey on oddschecker there aand i see Hurricane fly's drifting on betfair for the Champion hurdle?  :-\ He's hardly injured again?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on January 30, 2011, 09:10:45 PM
Was just having a nosey on oddschecker there aand i see Hurricane fly's drifting on betfair for the Champion hurdle?  :-\ He's hardly injured again?

It's not a massive drift at the moment. These moves happen from time to time when someone gets hold of half a rumour.

Worrying, but they normally suspend betting when it's a huge drift.

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 30, 2011, 09:25:35 PM
Quote from: beer baron on January 30, 2011, 09:10:45 PM

It's not a massive drift at the moment. These moves happen from time to time when someone gets hold of half a rumour.

Worrying, but they normally suspend betting when it's a huge drift.

Sound job DH!

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Corals have suspended betting  :-\

bcarrier

still a bit to place lay but looks bad. threw some shrapnel at solwhit.

Donnellys Hollow

Binocular was matched at 999/1 about this time last year!  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Oak Leafer on January 27, 2011, 05:20:06 PM
Keep us posted NT! ;)

Sorry mate. Rubbish price.

Gris Lord at the last at Ayr tommorrow.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone