The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

I see Voy Por Ustedes has transferred in the January Transfer window from the Alan King yard to Nicky Hendersons!  Fee Undisclosed!  ;D

Some move though and surely should be looked out for now as he was a very decent horse in Kings yard.

Radda bout yeee

This has prob already been discussed on the board but who do you reckon the best tipster is for nags and other sports. I've been keeping an eye on derek mcgovern in the mirror for a while now and he must be the worst tipster I have ever heard!

Oak Leafer

Any sound betting propostions at Thurles today fella's.

Been given Full of Joy 3.25 Warwick....McCoy mounts it so im wary! 3/1 at the minute.

Donnellys Hollow

Most tipsters are useless. There are a select few that are excellent but their selections will be overbet and therefore won't be value bets. Always trust your own judgement and don't let anyone else put you off.

Difficult card today. I've backed Jy Vole and For Bill to very small stakes. Looking forward to seeing how this Maxim Gorky handles hurdling given how well related he is (his dam is a sister to the mighty Urban Sea I think - dam of Sea The Stars and Galileo). Storming Gale was one of the most impressive p2p winners last year and he makes his hurdling debut at Ffos Las - could be one for the future.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 27, 2011, 12:08:12 PM
Most tipsters are useless. There are a select few that are excellent but their selections will be overbet and therefore won't be value bets.

Exactly. I'd go so far as to say there's probably money to be made in laying at least some tipsters' selections because of the effect their tips have on the value. I've often meant to check it out. I did start monitoring the Nap Table in the Sporting Life one time a couple of years ago. I found the spreadsheet there just now and one thing I was doing was modelling the result of laying at Betfair SP anything that was napped by four or more tipsters. After sixteen days, when I gave up, I was up ten points (13 losers from 20 bets). I must take it up again for fun and see if it holds up long term.

Oak Leafer

Just got text for 1.40 Warwick Shaking Hands. Not had info from this source before, but a Pipe runner that looks attractive.

charlieTully

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 27, 2011, 09:13:50 AM
This has prob already been discussed on the board but who do you reckon the best tipster is for nags and other sports. I've been keeping an eye on derek mcgovern in the mirror for a while now and he must be the worst tipster I have ever heard!

neville ring in the irish news is well worth following, he has got me out of some holes. he is great at cheltenham, couple of winners each day at the festival and loads of big money places. he tipped up big zeb last year plus berties dream at 50/1 which bascially covered my betting for the week and left a bit of profit.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 27, 2011, 12:08:12 PM
Most tipsters are useless. There are a select few that are excellent but their selections will be overbet and therefore won't be value bets. Always trust your own judgement and don't let anyone else put you off.

Difficult card today. I've backed Jy Vole and For Bill to very small stakes. Looking forward to seeing how this Maxim Gorky handles hurdling given how well related he is (his dam is a sister to the mighty Urban Sea I think - dam of Sea The Stars and Galileo). Storming Gale was one of the most impressive p2p winners last year and he makes his hurdling debut at Ffos Las - could be one for the future.

I'd be interested in Storming Gale's chances should he go for the three mile novice at Cheltenham. I thought that was a very taking performance given how free he was in the early stages. Galloped them silly after the second last.

Maxim Gorky shouldn't be a maiden for too long. Possible prep for the Fred Winter next time out?

Joxer

Donnellys Hollow

I've a small interest in both Jy Vole and For Bill in the next two races at Thurles. Not major fancies, just think they're slightly overpriced given their ability. I'd be more confident in Jy Vole.

Trying to save myself for the weekend. Big Zeb is very tempting at even money for the Tied Cottage. Likewise Punchestowns at 11/4 for the old Pillar Chase on Saturday.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 26, 2010, 04:01:58 PM
Of course it's freakish weather and we'd have little chance of racing anyway but it still does not excuse the lack of frost covers in this country. When you consider the amount of money that was ploughed into racing during the last ten years the set up at most tracks is still farcical - medical facilities, catering facilities, saunas, covers etc. Have a read of Ruby's book to see how far behind the UK we are over here.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=50746

Fair play to Bord Na Móna, Rita Shah and Punchestown. Great to see people showing a bit of initiative with HRI too busy sitting on their fat bonuses.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Oak Leafer on January 27, 2011, 12:55:43 PM
Just got text for 1.40 Warwick Shaking Hands. Not had info from this source before, but a Pipe runner that looks attractive.

I'll listen to u nxt time oakleafer!!!  >:(

Norf Tyrone

How early can you get a list of declarations? I am looking for Ayr on Monday (Although I was told Sunday).
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 27, 2011, 04:43:33 PM
How early can you get a list of declarations? I am looking for Ayr on Monday (Although I was told Sunday).

5 day entries available here:    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Meetings/0,12496,27-01-2011%5E4,00.html

Final decs for Monday would be released around 11 am on Sunday morning.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 27, 2011, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 27, 2011, 04:43:33 PM

5 day entries available here:    http://horses.sportinglife.com/Meetings/0,12496,27-01-2011%5E4,00.html

Final decs for Monday would be released around 11 am on Sunday morning.

Cheers DH. I know nowt about horses, but a guy has give me 4 tips the last 4 weekends and had 3 winners ranging from 5s to 12s! Another one on way for Monday!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone