The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagho9

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2010, 01:56:02 PM
Great show from Cue Card there.

sounded impressive, any idea what official distance was.  Was going to stick 20 on in toals earlier to win by 5 lengths or more at 9-4

Joxer

Quote from: armagho9 on November 12, 2010, 02:06:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2010, 01:56:02 PM
Great show from Cue Card there.

sounded impressive, any idea what official distance was.  Was going to stick 20 on in toals earlier to win by 5 lengths or more at 9-4

8 Lengths!  Very very impressive!

Joxer

Doubled it up with Garde in the 3:00 so heres hoping!

EDIT:  Apologies HS!  They might need it!

De Boitron in the next is a great EW price at 12's

Donnellys Hollow

Comparisons with Dunguib and Cousin Vinny are obvious but Cue Card looks like he can actually jump unlike those two.

After what happened last March, I probably won't back him antepost - once bitten twice shy for me. He'll be meeting better horses than Dunraven Storm in the future but he's beaten him pointless. They always say Cheltenham bumper winners are stayers so the 2m5 at the festival would be where I'd aim him - with hindsight I think Philip Fenton would have sent Dunguib for the longer race and Cousin Vinny was going to run in that race (ahead of Mikael D'Haguenet who wasn't going to travel to Cheltenham) until Hurricane Fly got injured and had to pull out of the Supreme.

Looking at the Supreme betting, he looks head and shoulders above everything at the moment. There's any amount of speedy flat recruits that will be going hurdling in the next few weeks though - Casual Conquest being the obvious one.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Missed plenty of them on the final circuit - Spotthedifference, he ain't

sammymaguire

Quote from: armagho9 on November 12, 2010, 01:54:30 PM
did a 50pew lucky 15 today

Baileys Ruffet 2.50 Newcastle @14-1
Aviso 3.15 Lingfield @5-1
Eyre Square 3.25 Newcastle @13-2
Harris Hawk 3.55 Newcastle @ 9-1

In a seperate bet i did Traffic Article 3.35 Cheltenham @16-1.  Elliot and OConnells only horse and ride today.  Also Toals are paying first 5 in that race

should have just stuck to number 3 in all those races!!  ??? :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Reve De Sivola was disappointing. Time For Rupert looked a decent recruit. I'd be disappointed if we don't have a better staying novice in Ireland though.

I'm struggling to find a bet on tomorrow's cards. The Paddy Power is always a decent punting race but I'm torn between Mad Max and Catch Me at the moment who both represent solid e/w value with the sponsors paying 5 places. Long Run should win but is a silly price considering the jockey he'll have on board.

Zaidpour is one to watch at Punchestown but isn't really a bet given Mullins' record first time out this season. He was rated 98 on the flat and is a half-brother to Zaynar. L'Ami should make up for Garde Champetre's defeat today but he'll be no price at all.

beer baron

Our buddy from few weeks back fools wildcat going in the 9.00 at Dundalk-been told its worth an e/w bet but at 7/2 i'll just be going on the nose.Carlito Brigantes at dundalk too  in the 8.30 and  looks to have a chance but have heard nothing for it so might just have small wager on it!

armagho9

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 12, 2010, 03:39:18 PM
Quote from: armagho9 on November 12, 2010, 01:54:30 PM
did a 50pew lucky 15 today

Baileys Ruffet 2.50 Newcastle @14-1
Aviso 3.15 Lingfield @5-1
Eyre Square 3.25 Newcastle @13-2
Harris Hawk 3.55 Newcastle @ 9-1

In a seperate bet i did Traffic Article 3.35 Cheltenham @16-1.  Elliot and OConnells only horse and ride today.  Also Toals are paying first 5 in that race

should have just stuck to number 3 in all those races!!  ??? :D

true.  Apparently Traffic Article was going well in 3.35 race, was sitting in 2nd when he fell four fences from home

beer baron

Quote from: beer baron on November 12, 2010, 06:01:31 PM
Our buddy from few weeks back fools wildcat going in the 9.00 at Dundalk-been told its worth an e/w bet but at 7/2 i'll just be going on the nose.Carlito Brigantes at dundalk too  in the 8.30 and  looks to have a chance but have heard nothing for it so might just have small wager on it!

Very poor run by foolswildcat,never involved  >:( Apologies!

armagho9

my lucky 15 for today

charcter building 1.55 Cheltenham @ 10-1
whosaidso 1.35 Punchestown @5-1
European Dream 2.55 Wetherby @4-1
Supercede 3.10 Cheltenham @7-1

seperate bet Pigeon Island ew in 2.35 cheltenham at 20-1.  Toals paying first 5

armagho9

**** that, 1st one a faller.  Worst thing is i went up to back beautiful sound but was put off by the length of time since its last run :'(

thewobbler

Using my failsure methods of elimination, Great Endeavour looks a great bet for the Paddy Power.

The Worker

Long Run in the PP gold cup seems a cert

armagho9

some performance from Midnight Chase, lead from start to finish at a relentless pace, completely blew the rest away.  33-1 for the national with paddy power.