The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: The Subbie on November 01, 2010, 08:20:15 PM
The is soft,the Aussies are calling it "dead" pushed rain in Melbourne all weekend,might have a patriotic $20 on it

Have a small bet surely,stuck tenner each way myself,16/1 is a nice price.Doubt he'll win but if he did and i hadn't it backed i'd be sick!

the greatest jockey

so is the melbourne cup on in 5 hours at 4am or is it in a day and 5 hours. somersby shud win tomoro, 9/4 not the biggest price ever. twist magic cud hsock them all at 14/1 maybe

The Subbie

Yeah it's on @ 3pm aussie time so 4am @ home

The Subbie

Sorry on @ 2am @ home clocks changing n all that

RealSpiritof98

What was cumani at, has a horse at 1st reserve and still keeps a crocked horse in the line up until today.

Donnellys Hollow

Somersby doesn't really appeal at the price. He got his arse handed to him by Mad Max at Liverpool and I'm coming to the conclusion that last year's Arkle form isn't worth much. I've never liked Sizing Europe and I think he'll struggle to win races this season over any trip. Osana is a decent stick but is Grade 2 or 3 quality at best. Captain Cee Bee was the class act in the race but he bled and McCoy could have pulled him up out in the country. Riverside Theatre was only beaten 9L despite clearly not handling the track - he bolted up today returning to a flat track at Kempton. Mad Max (who is not a particularly quick horse and will probably end up in the Gold Cup) would have won IMO had he not made an absolute hash of the second last. I've a feeling Somersby will go the way of Racing Demon and Calgary Bay unless Knight takes off the cotton wool and gets some proper experience into the horse.

Cornas won nicely at Limerick and he'll do for me e/w. I wouldn't touch Twist Magic with a barge-pole. Occasionally talented when he does consent to race but he can be a pure hound of a thing most days. No surprise that Ruby has given up on him. Chaninbar has a squeak at a big price - looks to be one going the right way and could be unexposed. Most of the rest of the field tomorrow are on the downgrade.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RealSpiritof98

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 02, 2010, 01:13:35 AM
I've never liked Sizing Europe and I think he'll struggle to win races this season over any trip.

Putting my money where my mouth is - China Rock is 13/2 for the Down Royal race on Saturday and Sizing Europe is 7/2. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Sizing Europe might have needed the run at Punchestown but I still think China Rock beat him on merit and will do so again on Saturday. I'm having a cut at him e/w.

I don't expect him to beat KS but he's capable of bustling him up and chasing him home. KS needed his comeback run last year and may still be mentally scarred from Cheltenham - how he survived that fall I don't know?

Joxer

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 02, 2010, 02:23:36 AM
I've never liked Sizing Europe and I think he'll struggle to win races this season over any trip.

Putting my money where my mouth is - China Rock is 13/2 for the Down Royal race on Saturday and Sizing Europe is 7/2. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Sizing Europe might have needed the run at Punchestown but I still think China Rock beat him on merit and will do so again on Saturday. I'm having a cut at him e/w.

I don't expect him to beat KS but he's capable of bustling him up and chasing him home. KS needed his comeback run last year and may still be mentally scarred from Cheltenham - how he survived that fall I don't know?

Has Sizing Europe been out this season DH? I've obviously missed that one.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hardy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 02, 2010, 02:21:30 PM

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Arch_Race_Pup/0,13215,401359,00.html

Donnellys Hollow

That Haldon Gold Cup was an interesting race today. Nicholls' string look to be fairly forward and I'm sure Ruby was relieved he picked the right one. That Twist Magic is a quare old horse - Fehily got a right tune out of him though. Somersby was outpaced after four out yet he's going for the Tingle Creek now? I think Knight described him as "a stayer with gears", well step him up in trip then ffs! My selection, Cornas, never got a blow in for whatever reason.

First Lieutenant runs again tomorrow in the 2m4 novice hurdle at Fairyhouse. He'll appreciate the ease in the ground and hopefully he'll win well if he's the potential superstar I think he is.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Hardy on November 02, 2010, 02:48:46 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 02, 2010, 02:21:30 PM

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Arch_Race_Pup/0,13215,401359,00.html

Absolutely nothing to suggest he'll get 3 miles then. I think The Great One at 8/13 is good value. If he jumps round he'll surely win.

Really looking forward to the day out, my first day's racing - Bot for a fry at 10 30 then the buses are leaving at 11 30am, entry to the Bot Marquee included!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the greatest jockey

im up in belfast too aramgh tacadoir, what are the arrangements to get to the maze on friday

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 02, 2010, 08:46:33 PM
That Haldon Gold Cup was an interesting race today. Nicholls' string look to be fairly forward and I'm sure Ruby was relieved he picked the right one. That Twist Magic is a quare old horse - Fehily got a right tune out of him though. Somersby was outpaced after four out yet he's going for the Tingle Creek now? I think Knight described him as "a stayer with gears", well step him up in trip then ffs! My selection, Cornas, never got a blow in for whatever reason.

First Lieutenant runs again tomorrow in the 2m4 novice hurdle at Fairyhouse. He'll appreciate the ease in the ground and hopefully he'll win well if he's the potential superstar I think he is.

Is 10/11 a reasonable price for First lieutenant Dh?In 2 minds whether to back it or not! :-\