The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Very nicely done. Hopefully the Sheikh will leave him in Ireland and not ship him off to Dubai where Bin Suroor will ruin him.

Delighted for Mick Halford. Very good trainer.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Emma spencer aint bad at all.Hayley turner kirsty milzcarak and Amy Ryan are proper tasty though!

Donnellys Hollow

4/6 Cue Card looks a massive price. I'm having a decent chunk of my Casamento money on him.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 24, 2010, 11:40:55 AM
4/6 Cue Card looks a massive price. I'm having a decent chunk of my Casamento money on him.

Cheers DH, think I will stick with you today
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

RealSpiritof98

Casamento looks the real deal, i think she will go the 1.4 well.

Monets Garden is what jump racing is all about, with the exception of Yeats flat racing has no real hearty beasts the public latches onto, backed Monet last year and missed the boat this year but still cheered the ole grey home.

bridge fan

a wee double for today

original option 4-00 wexford
dylan ross last race galway

Donnellys Hollow

Casamento is off to Dubai so we can safely put a line through him for next May/June. Bin Suroor will make a mess of him like he's done with countless promising 2yos down the years. He looks the Epsom Derby winner to me but I'd say he won't even run in it now. We can look forward to him appearing at the likes of Windsor and Salisbury next autumn.

Sheikh Mohammed is a great supporter of Irish racing and has pumped millions into the game over here (pretty certain the Maktoums are still the biggest landowners in Co Kildare). Godolphin is a joke of an operation though. He'd be far better off leaving his string with their original trainers be it Johnston, Meehan, Bolger or in this case Halford. Wintering them in Dubai fecks up their immune system and they don't acclimatise properly when they come back to Europe in the spring - hence why Godolphin's string only really start to hit their stride come the autumn. It's no surprise that the Sheikh's last great horse was New Approach (ran in his wife's silks) who was left with Jim Bolger and never went near Dubai.

Donnellys Hollow

Very impressed with that. Tanked his way round and still won with his head in his chest. Jumped quite well bar one or two but he was clever enough to fiddle when he was meeting them wrong - unlike Dunguib last year.

8/1 for the 2m5 novice hurdle at the festival which looks reasonable enough to me.

bridge fan

Donnellys Hollow

Looks like the Sheikh has another very nice Shamardal 2yo in Dubai Prince. Just bolted up in the Killavullan for Pat Smullen and DK.

I wonder will this colt go to Dubai like Casamento or will he winter in Kildare?

beer baron

Pun 5.15 centennial e/w if you can get an e/w price.Expect the favourite to be the only one that will cause it trouble!

lolafrola

Quote from: beer baron on October 26, 2010, 11:16:36 AM
Pun 5.15 centennial e/w if you can get an e/w price.Expect the favourite to be the only one that will cause it trouble!

Unless i'm blind but i can't see that horse but i can see this one "Cheltenian" is this the horse you're talking about? 1st time out?
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

beer baron

Quote from: lolafrola on October 26, 2010, 12:22:30 PM
Quote from: beer baron on October 26, 2010, 11:16:36 AM

Unless i'm blind but i can't see that horse but i can see this one "Cheltenian" is this the horse you're talking about? 1st time out?

Yeah that's the 1 sorry.

Donnellys Hollow

Trappy little card. Zagman appeals e/w in the second maiden hurdle.

The bumper looks a farily hot contest. I'd respect the money that has come for Cheltenian but it's pedigree doesn't jump off the page to me.

beer baron

Fools wildcat worth an e/w bet at punchestown iv been told.