The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Complete carnage in-running at Exeter.

Had a back to lay on Celestial Halo myself. I was lucky to get out in time!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Oak Leafer

Nice wee double for today.....both expected to run well.

3.15 Worcester The Giant Bolster
4.00 Fontwell Fruity O'Rooney

Candyman

Quote from: Oak Leafer on October 20, 2010, 01:58:50 PM
Nice wee double for today.....both expected to run well.

3.15 Worcester The Giant Bolster 5/2
4.00 Fontwell Fruity O'Rooney 5/6

Oak Leafer

Hope some got on....

One for tonight worth a look....8.20 Kempton Elegant Muse

Hardy

Two Quinn runners fancied today:

Pevensey, 4:30 Doncaster
Violoent Velocity, 5:45 Ayr

Joxer

Dundalk 9.25 Broadway Dancer

armagho9

think Sennybridge should be a good bet in 8.15 wolverhampton

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Joxer on October 22, 2010, 02:56:09 PM
Dundalk 9.25 Broadway Dancer

Ya Chancer joxer, what happened ur earlier tips?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Donnellys Hollow

I've been banging on about Casamento for a while on here so I might as well put my money where my mouth is for the RP Trophy tomorrow. I can see him drifting tomorrow morning because Mick Halford wouldn't be a familiar name with punters in England. Any bit of 4/1 would be an e/w steal. Dunboyne Express deserves respect after his form was franked last weekend in the Dewhurst. No offence intended to the Meath folk on here but it's the kind of name I'd associate with a bog standard handicap hurdle at Bellewstown rather than a 2yo Group 1! The Ballydoyle horse will have plenty of followers but I think his attitude is questionable - very iffy head carriage last time out. Don't think the English trained horses in the field are up to much.

Captain Chris runs in a novice hurdle at Chepstow tomorrow if the ground suits. There's an awful lot of hype about this horse and he could be one to follow during the winter.

bcarrier

Going with Albertas Run in Old Roan ( cant  have Poquelin at Aintree or Tartak FTO, Monets could be the danger ). Duke of Lucca at Chepstow and Harry Patch at Doncaster for the treble.

Rock Noir vs Medermit one to watch.

armagho9

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 22, 2010, 10:42:03 PM
I've been banging on about Casamento for a while on here so I might as well put my money where my mouth is for the RP Trophy tomorrow. I can see him drifting tomorrow morning because Mick Halford wouldn't be a familiar name with punters in England. Any bit of 4/1 would be an e/w steal. Dunboyne Express deserves respect after his form was franked last weekend in the Dewhurst. No offence intended to the Meath folk on here but it's the kind of name I'd associate with a bog standard handicap hurdle at Bellewstown rather than a 2yo Group 1! The Ballydoyle horse will have plenty of followers but I think his attitude is questionable - very iffy head carriage last time out. Don't think the English trained horses in the field are up to much.

Captain Chris runs in a novice hurdle at Chepstow tomorrow if the ground suits. There's an awful lot of hype about this horse and he could be one to follow during the winter.

going for native khan in that race at doncaster, plain and simple because the guy who writes value scope in daily mirror tips it.  he has been on fire the past few saturdays 3 or 4  16-1+ winners in last 6 weeks

Joxer

The blonde presenter on C4 Racing is a fine fillie!

sammymaguire

Working Title very attractive e/w price in the 4.10 at Chepstow 16/1

Lenabane 9/4 should have the winning of the 4.20 Wexford and tempted to double with Capt Chris at 3.35 Chepstow 11/8....
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: Joxer on October 23, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Mrs J Spencer?? Each to their own if I have the right lady
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Joxer on October 23, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

It's better than looking at McCririck for sure Don't know what Jamie Spencer was thinking of doing the dirty. She'd beat Hayley Turner hard held. She's no Rebecca Curtis though!

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 23, 2010, 02:37:36 PM
Lenabane 9/4 should have the winning of the 4.20 Wexford and tempted to double with Capt Chris at 3.35 Chepstow 11/8....

Provided he's fit I'd agree. Fisher Bridge looked a bit ungenuine at Limerick. Market will be interesting.

I'm a bit concerned about Captain Chris' price. I was sure he'd be odds-on. I'll probably still back him, especially if Casamento runs in the first three, but I suspect Hobbs might be leaving him a bit short before going novice chasing this side of Christmas.