The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

bridge fan

beer baron

Doncaster 3.45 tomorrow Fran berry travelling over for 1 ride roses for the lady,mmmmm???????

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on September 08, 2010, 11:30:33 PM
Doncaster 3.45 tomorrow Fran berry travelling over for 1 ride roses for the lady,mmmmm???????

Make sure you back her e/w if you're backing her. Tough task giving weight away to Meeznah who was only just beat in the Oaks. Oxx isn't having the greatest season and I think RFTL needs a bit of cut to show her best.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Yep will def be doing e/w dh.hopefully buckets rain tonight

Lecale2

Stuffed!  >:( >:(

beer baron

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 09, 2010, 05:11:38 PM

Stuffed!  >:( >:(

Yup :( Disaster

Donnellys Hollow

Rewilding is a silly price for the English Leger tomorrow. I would have severe doubts about his stamina over 14 furlongs. Snow Fairy also has stamina doubts but I'd happily take 8/1 about a dual Oaks winner rather than a skinny price about Rewilding.

The National Stakes at the Curragh looks a very decent renewal. There's been a good bit of talk locally about Mick Halford's horse for Sheikh Mo. Big ask for him on only his second run but he's worth keeping an eye on with a view to next year. It's hard to look beyond Pathfork after his win in the Futurity and I'd take him to account for Zoffany and Janood.

Donnellys Hollow

Got the forecast in the National Stakes anyway.  ;D

Great to see Jessie Harrington beating the flat boys. I'd say Pathfork will head to the Breeders Cup Juvenille now to see how he handles the dirt track at Churchill Downs. If he was to run well there, the Kentucky Derby might be on the agenda.

I think that Casamento is a serious tool to do that on only his second start. He was doing all his best work at the finish and his sire (Shamardal) won over 1m2 when he beat Hurricane Run at Chantilly. If only we could get a guarantee now that the Sheikh will leave him in Kildare rather than shipping him over to Dubai where he'll go the same way as Kingsfort and Chabal.

bcarrier

Well called DH. A big win for Jessie today. Give her the ammo and she can train them.

Have you looked at Kerry National yet ...always think of this as start of NH season.

Doesnt look a bad renewal if the all show up. Will be interesting to see if Mossbank can come back. FOTP will be better going LH but it looks hard enough to call. Alpha Ridge needs rain. Simple strategy might be to cack Ponmeaoth and whatever Ruby rides ...(heard M&S a NR).

Donnellys Hollow

Yep looking forward to Listowel alright. Always a good weeks racing down at the island.

Themoonandsixpence doesn't go. Mossbank will definitely need the run and it'll be too tough a task trying to win this off a mark of 151. Alpha Ridge on 135 jumps off the page at me, especially if the top weight stays in, but as you say he'll need an ease. I think his form with Pandorama is top class and I'd write off his run at Naas behind Oscar Looby. He always goes well early in the season before his form tails off.

Charles Byrnes' Alpha Beat is another I'd have for the shortlist (unless the rain comes for Alpha Ridge). The handicapper has been harsh enough on him IMO but I'd be very wary of writing off one of Charles Byrnes in a handicap, particularly one at his local track.

There's a few very eye-catching pedigrees entered up in the bumpers during the week. Will keep you updated if they're declared.

gaa.boy

Just recieved a "tip" for one called Tilly Ann in 4.05 at Listowel. Apparently connections have the money down.

Donnellys Hollow

No Alpha Ridge tomorrow.

I think Alpha Beat looks skinny enough in the market. Dancing Tornado and Oscar Looby look the value to me at the moment. Very hard to predict these early season markets especially when Pricewise will have his say tomorrow morning.

sammymaguire

not a tip, but a really decent looking e/w bet in the 4.40 at Yarmouth Magical Speedfit at 16/1
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Shamrock Shore

Hope some of ye laid on that!  :o