The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

This flat season just goes from bad to worse with Harbinger's retirement.

The low points:

- St Nicholas Abbey flops and hasn't been seen since. Will we ever see him again?
- Special Duty wins the English 1000 Guineas in the stewards room. Then goes out in her next race and wins the French equivalent in the stewards room.
- Workforce looks like a potential superstar romping home at Epsom. Bombs in the King George next time out running like a hairy goat.
- Harbinger looks like the second coming of Pegasus winning the King George by a country mile. Is then retired within a month.
- Age Of Aquarius runs a great race for such a young horse in the Ascot Gold Cup and looks like a possible successor to Yeats. Breaks down next time out and is retired.
- Starspangledbanner emerges as a sprinting machine but it looks like he'll be carted back to Coolmore in Australia once the leaves turn.
- No potential superstar among the crop of 2yos as of yet. Zoffany looked to me to be well exposed before the Heinz yesterday.

The high points:

- Canford Cliffs, Rite Of Passage? I'm struggling to find anymore.

The National Hunt proper can't come soon enough. Roll on the October meeting at Punchestown.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

I'd add Richard hughes to the plus points,the lanky divil's been having a great season!

the greatest jockey

beethoven tonight at leopardstown is a class above the rest on show

Catch the high ball

Rafta in the 8.15 at Stratford looks like she could notch up her first win over hurdles - 7/1
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Catch the high ball

Quote from: the greatest jockey on August 12, 2010, 03:38:20 PM
beethoven tonight at leopardstown is a class above the rest on show

Good shout! Didn't put anything on him, he started at 2/1, there was a bit of value about for him in the end.

winsamsoon

Looked at Beethoven earlier on and it was 11/8. expecting it to go in further i left it alone and we all know the result. Good shout though Jock
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 12, 2010, 08:42:52 PM
Looked at Beethoven earlier on and it was 11/8. expecting it to go in further i left it alone and we all know the result. Good shout though Jock

I put a ten spot on it...good call saan.

Winsam i expected it to go in too so i done it early and took 11/8 but got paid out at 2/1 (Paddypower)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Would be you sort of luck alright I'lldecide ya turk lol
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

beer baron

Any of you lads that really know you're racing think golden sword has a chance tomorrow?Just seen it entered and at a big price,o'briens not training him anymore but De kock's one of the top trainers in south africa from what i gather so should have him in top shape? ???

bigfrank

Few winners for u all 2day:

Newbury

2.00 Zaidan currently 7/4...personally think it will be shorter closer to the time

2.30 Kite Wood...been good early money for this Frankie dettori riden horse...sure to go close in the hands of the wee man

5.10 Simple Jim (doncaster)

Emjoy ur winnings!!!!  :o

Donnellys Hollow

The great Rupert Walsh returns at Roscommon tomorrow. Should make his only mount a winning ride - Hail Caesar (ex-Ballydoyle pacemaker) for Fr Ted.

Speaking of Ballydoyle, it's probably worth taking a chance on the Ripper in the Judmonte on Tuesday on the Knavesmire. I've always thought a mile was too sharp for him and ten furlongs will be right up his street. If he comes back to his Eclipse form of last year when he was the only horse that could go with Sea The Stars, he'll bate this lot cosily.

Donnellys Hollow

Ah biy Johnny! Must have been some carnage in-running.

Very tempted to try top up the winnings on Steinbeck at Killarney tonight.

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 17, 2010, 03:30:56 PM

The Ripper was a high of 64/1 in running!

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 17, 2010, 03:30:56 PM

Thata boy Dh i came on here to say exactly that,if you're thinking the same it's good enough for me!

Donnellys Hollow

Nicely done BB.

Silly price about a group horse running at one of the gaff tracks even if he did flop over at Saratoga.